Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Henry_b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

Hello all, I'm Henry a 16yr old rc beginner.

I've just got a few questions..

My rc truggy a maverick XT EVO has a 13turn 540 motor what does that mean!?

And is my rc any good I've had her 4 yrs and have only driven her a handful of times, have any of you extremely knowledgable rc peeps heard of MAVERICK!!!

Thanks all..

Old 11-14-2016, 04:20 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi henry the 13 turn motor means that the motor has 13 windings around each pole this is a brushed type motor. less windings around each pole truggy can go faster if the batteries are real good and the esc ( electronic speed control ) can handle the amperage and does not burn out , alot of people moved to the brushless systems like tekin, castle, hobbyking , and a few more in 1/10th scale and 1/8 th scale buggies and truggies the 540 can is the size of the can for 1/10 scale buggie and truggies , 1/8th scale is a larger can in length and diameter , see manufacture photos of various esc s and motors the brushless motors are rated in kv ( kilavolts ) this is what many people are now and have been using for bashing and racing in buggies and truggies ok mugey