Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:01 PM
IslandSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, Conversions..etc...

Finally did my body scheme...OraNGE/BLUE....SOMETHIN DIFFERENT....i wish my digital camera was working..looks 100 times better in person.. Im pretty happy with it.. I think i need to make some minor adjustments with the suspension. I think imma go with stiffer springs.. I feel it droops a lil too low...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76846.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	254573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48601.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	254574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69543.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	254575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn33029.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	254576  
Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 PM
IslandSavage

I loike the P5 in my truggy, but I feel bad for taking it out of the MBX5.. That thing is a rocket ship in the buggy. So i decided to buy a NEW motor for my truggy.. Not sre what though.. Im thinking maybe a Wasp .28... What do you guys think. I dont wanna break the bank, but money ist too hard a issue. i want a fast great low-end motor, thats reliable...[8D]... any suggestions or comments guys?

Name:	Ax73232.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	254577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59141.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	254578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30810.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	254579  
Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
cemeb4dk

How is that body going to hold up with it so far over the front end.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:18 PM
IslandSavage

its really only like 1/2 inch over....im not too worried...we'll see this weekend 4 sure...
Old 04-05-2005, 10:24 PM
cemeb4dk

Cool, it must be the angle of that second photo it looks like its a couple of inches over, but looks good non the less.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:49 PM
cemeb4dk

heres an exhaust shot with the maxx body. I still have to take of the Revo, pretty much the same just not as much taken off
Old 04-06-2005, 06:52 AM
IslandSavage

ORIGINAL: cemeb4dk

heres an exhaust shot with the maxx body. I still have to take of the Revo, pretty much the same just not as much taken off
I loike the fit/look, but im not sure i want my sides to be showing.. Imma try mine 1st. its it works i'll stick with it, if not then i'll make the switch.. thankx for the pix.. helped alot, but i already bought the body and prepped it. Hopefully it will work out for me...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:23 AM
speed6

Hi guys i am really intristed in buying a truggy but don't know what is the best to buy i was think about either the Lightning Statium Pro or the new Lightning GT.

What do you think.

By the way do these models have a center diff ?
Did any one of you guys use a Torsen diff in these truggys.

Thanks for looking people.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
IslandSavage

Lightning GT?!!!!! N.O. I have heard and seen nothing but bad things from the Lightining GT... The Stadium Pro I have heard good things about. if i were you id go that route.. also GS is suppose to have a new SUT out.. heres a link http://www.modelcar.pt/GSNews.htm

I might go that way, but i have a pretti bad-***** truggy project.,...
Old 04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
IslandSavage

Hey guys...still waiting on a engine suggestion...any comments. I want to put the P5 back in my Mugen... So im going to buy a new one just as soon as i can fgure out which one. How is the WASP .28? r is there a better one you guys can suggest..?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
bib

Island I read mixed reviews on the WASP .28 I am thinking about a new engine for my LSRR and was leaning toward teh SH .28. Thoughts anyone?
Crazy Chris what are you running in yours?
Old 04-06-2005, 05:23 PM
crazychris7

wasp/orion/picco .26 would be more than enough. Other than that, a modded .21 or maybe even a .30... depends on your pocket size! Currently in the pro its a modded rossi .28 and in the rr, a picco .26 will be in by the end of the week. the new project ill be starting soon is getting a collari .30... i name her... street beesh!

Chris

Name:	Pn35777.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	254917  
Old 04-06-2005, 05:44 PM
IslandSavage

for the price of a .26 i could buy a .28...
the SH is nice,but lacking in RPM (28,000)....its mostly a torque monster..im racing, not having wheelie contests all day... i need speed also.... hmmmm how important is RPM, when you have a claimed 3.5hp though????
Old 04-06-2005, 06:35 PM
hybridstone

Honestly I have heard more negative than positive bout the wasp 28! its not made by picco like the 26! there is a alot of info on it at www.savage-central.com
Old 04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
petrolpixie

i would go for the werks picco p3 just for the fact that you know it is gonna be a great race motor. everyone that has a p3 always raves about the power that they make. now that they are a little bit older and every other company has brought out a 26 or bigger the price has come down on these motors.
i know i would buy another p3 in a heart beat if i needed another motor for one of my cars.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
IslandSavage

How fast is a SH.28 ?? Do they make it in NON-PULL? I know the XTM 24.7 backplate will fit, do they make a XTM 24.7 NON-PULL backplate?...hmmm..... I wanna know if the HP makes up for the lack of RPM....
Old 04-06-2005, 09:00 PM
IslandSavage

I havent tried, but wil a pullstart engine even fit on a Kanai 3? I know it wont on a Mugen, but seeing how im using the Kanai for my truggy project, i want to know if a P/S engine will fit. If it will then i wont worry about getting a Non/pull.. Either way im going to use a starter box...Maybe i could modify the engine mount to make it fit...hmmmmmmmmmmm??????????
Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
hybridstone

the mach 26 non pull backplate will fit sh 28 you will have to cut the 28 crankshaft tip.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 PM
IslandSavage

After doing some research and review, i think im going to look into this... http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...t=01900-000122
Its the new version of the RB TM728. Is has more ports so that will give me the speed, it has RB quality, and a non-pull.... Anyone have any insight on this RB TM928?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Haulin bass

Dont quote me on this but ed bridges says its the most powerfull non mod engine made.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:28 AM
crazychris7

all picco motors are the same... werks, ofna... all the same motor, just diff colors...

Chris
Old 04-07-2005, 05:57 AM
BillyDaKid

Chris... I'll be waiting for your comments on the picco .26 in the LSP. I have the picco in my Dominator hybrid and when the LSP pro will be back in stock it will be my race truck. The picco has all the power you can ask for in any race track possible but to tame it's power is another story. It has a tendency to give explosive bursts of power even with a gentle trigger finger like mine. I set the throttle response on my radio to the minimum possible but still it wants to tear up the ground. I am considering doing some porting on it to smoothen the power curve.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:32 AM
IslandSavage

Is the RB TM928 a race version of the RB TM728.???
Old 04-07-2005, 10:40 AM
rcblaze

Well Island I see things are coming along. Engine choices now huh? If I can make it down this weekend I'll bring the wasp in my dominator and you can see first hand how much of a beast it is. I have read all 28 or so threads on savage central before I bought it and most of it is newbee stuff. I don't have enough gas thru it to give a full evaluation yet. But so far I can say for sure it's got more top end then the SH. The throttle response is super crisp and smooth. Only complaint is it's not the easiest starting engine but that could be due to the plug. I'm not sure I have the best one for the engine. It flamed out alot with RB 6 plugs ran ok on a 8. And I have it running now with dynamite 7 which are ok so far. Temps are good. I had to seal the carb after a few break in tanks maybe I didn't get it all the way down when I rotated the carb. It will be overkill for sure in your truggy. Some more info for ya. The 928 is the race version on the 728. Far as I know haven't read up on RB's in a while cause nothing changes they are what they are and always prove the best. On to the Sh. Since I have been to that track a couple times and got to see some racing last week. The SH is what I will be running when I come down this weekend. The SH is perfect for this track IMO. The low end punch will get you in and out. And depending on you gearing it shouldn't top out on that straight. The SH revs high I don't know how high but it out pulls the picco easy so I'm not sure what the deal is with the RPM specs. I have more then a gallon on 2 SH's and it's easier to start then the wasp and they have run pretty good besides normal break in stuff. I'm gonna race with the Losi I think. I didn't see any last time I was down and with the SH it's a hand full and on this track I think it should be fun. I just gotta keep it together it's been breaking since I put the Sh in. As far as pull starts go. For me I think this is the way to go when racing. I have been 2 and seen enough races that I'd rather just carry a glow igniter to restart the thing if it's tuned right and pulled right pull starts are just as reliable. And to mount in a buggy the SH has a huge pull start so you will probably just need to space it to make it fit just use some washers or what I do is put some small nuts to take up the space I need. They tend not to bend like washers and stay in place a little longer. Should be less of a problem with the wasp. Smaller pull start unit. Ok I think I'm caught up on whats going on in the thread. Oh and last but not least the price's I've paid .The 2 SH's were 120 shipped before every one jumped on the wagon on the HK site. 140 shipped now. They took 2 weeks but worth the wait I have to admit i was nervous at first but after the first the wait was easy. The wasp 157 with tax. Good price no?. And ebay has the .26 non pull going for a 110 shipped. Hope the info helps you out a bit.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:43 AM
crazychris7

well the motor is at the huse on the bench, just need to slap a new fironi slider on it, throw it in the LSRR and break it in... but im not sure if ill have the time to do it before sat's races... Ill let you guys know how it goes for sure, i get motors and put them in the pro, but it sits on the shelf most of the time so i dunno... Project STREET BEESH! will be started on sunday... its gonna be fun!

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.