Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Buggy wing pros and cons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buggy wing pros and cons?

Hi all, hope you can help. I was considering fitting a buggy wing to the SUT but was unsure about a couple of things. Firstly, what, if any, are the benefits of doing this? Will the truck fly nose up? Secondly, is the GS one a decent wing to fit or is there a better option that fits just as well? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:13 PM
imdjenk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buggy wing pros and cons?

I'm not sure how much benefit a buggy wing can give you, but I do know that the Storm wing and mounts are crap, and also you have to drill holes in the shock tower and cut big chunks out of your body. I have an SUT Pro and was advised not to do it, but there is a wing you can use that's better than the GS one but I don't remember which one it is. In my opinion, realistically you would never pick up enough speed on any track to get beneficial down force from a wing. And in flight my SUT is money without a wing.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the advice, I have decided to stick with the body wing that came with the kit, as you say it flies like a dream. I was really only considering it because I had seen so many other truggies running them and didn't know if it was an improvement or not.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:31 PM
PantherDesigns

ORIGINAL: imdjenk

I'm not sure how much benefit a buggy wing can give you, but I do know that the Storm wing and mounts are crap, and also you have to drill holes in the shock tower and cut big chunks out of your body. I have an SUT Pro and was advised not to do it, but there is a wing you can use that's better than the GS one but I don't remember which one it is. In my opinion, realistically you would never pick up enough speed on any track to get beneficial down force from a wing. And in flight my SUT is money without a wing.

You are quite wrong my friend about the downforce. Try taking a wing off of an 1/8 buggy sometime and feel the difference in the way it handles.

-Seann
Old 11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Loser.

if anything it will help to protect you body from the "harder crashes". but then again its just one more part to add to the equation.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:21 PM
MaxxGS
My Feedback: (3)

I think it does help keep your body in better shape when you crash. I believe the wing does offer some down force. The 1/8 scale buggies are a good example like PantherDesigns stated.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wing also makes a good carrying handle (though it probably should not be used for that).
Old 12-13-2005, 01:12 PM
ringneck

a wing on a truggy or buggy is EVRERYTHING it gives you most of youre downforce and control in the air and coming in and out of corners. if you have a truggy you NEED a wing on it. trust me you will feel a difference when you drive it. it will be much more stable on high speed straights and so forth.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:16 PM
RectalExam
Banned

bump