Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Dirby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

MISWA
HighTec 5955.
that is what i have 330 oz of tourque.
that aught to turn it real well.
about 110.00 each.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 AM
ashburg

Found them a tad cheaper here: http://www.smfstore.com/product_info...roducts_id=613

ORIGINAL: Dirby

MISWA
HighTec 5955.
that is what i have 330 oz of tourque.
that aught to turn it real well.
about 110.00 each.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:57 PM
roaddell

crazy savage i ran my crt this weekend at the farm 2 it was awesome didnt break anything major fuel filter holder and the front bumper is a little loose but i have not race in four years so you can say i really work the turn marshalls. i run airtronics servos and the 57 high speed was not doing the trick for braking the truck going into turns so i bought a 59 airtronics servo and it did the trick. now that i have my dirty truck back at home its time to clean it up . i bought some dentured alcohol i was thinking to take the engine ,wheels, and electronics off and soak it . will this mess with my bearings or diffs???? thanks guys for all the info in building my bullet proof truck..
Old 03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
killabud

roaddell, take all the stuff off you mentioned but instead of just the alchohol try this, mix half simple green and half denatured, then add a cap full of WD40. put it in a spray bottle and bang you have nitro cleaner. works great and when you wipe off the exxcess everything has a nice little shine to it.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 AM
roaddell

thanks killa bud
Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
ashburg

Looking for a motor recommendation.

I have read this thread, and saw where the Novarossi P5 and a couple more were mentioned as being "the best", but here's what I'm going to be doing: My X1 will be my race truggy, for small to medium sized red dirt tracks.

No bashing...bashing, I do with my Savage X.

I'm willing to sacrifice some power for durability, but at the same time I'm not too shy to crack open the motor and rebuild it now and then.

thanks in advance,
ash
Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 PM
miswa

lots a people are using the OS V SPEC. its a .21 engine, search about it.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
ashburg

Well, I'm a real OS Fan already so that's a plus...I have the OS .30 VG in my Savage X. So the .21 will rev higher and has that power band I'm looking for then ay? As opposed to the .30 VG with lots of low end torque?

ORIGINAL: miswa

Old 03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
AZAZ

Hello everyone, new to posting but have been following several threads for some time. Especialy this one, very interested in the x1 crt RTR. but just reacently came across the thunder tiger st1. Just wondering if any one here has any experiance with it, and how would it compare to the x1? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:19 AM
roaddell

ashburg i have an ops motor in my crt i ran this weekend at the farm in charlotte ,nc it was easy to to tune i could keep it at idle for a whole tank of fuel i put almost a gallon through it it was very strong and awesome top end. i have the power version for medium to big tracks . i also run the adjustable ops pipe, also you only need one pipe with this motor check them out at www.nternationalnitro.com . i was running 8 1/2 minutes on a tank still rich (still breaking it in) you will not be disappointed at all .
Old 03-22-2006, 06:11 PM
ashburg

Cool. Thanks roaddell...looks like a good motor there I'm going to run this stocker for a while and see how I like it...and learn how to drive lol

Got the Jammin' today...it was like opening a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket Chocolate Bar hehehhe

ORIGINAL: roaddell

ashburg i have an ops motor in my crt i ran this weekend at the farm in charlotte ,nc it was easy to to tune i could keep it at idle for a whole tank of fuel i put almost a gallon through it it was very strong and awesome top end. i have the power version for medium to big tracks . i also run the adjustable ops pipe, also you only need one pipe with this motor check them out at www.nternationalnitro.com . i was running 8 1/2 minutes on a tank still rich (still breaking it in) you will not be disappointed at all .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93338.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	431056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49458.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	431057  
Old 03-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Dirby

Ashlburg.
nice tyable.
Dirby.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:50 AM
ashburg

HAH! That's the kitchen counter lol...I told my Wife that I was going to keep the Jammin' there for a week and pet it and pat it and call it George for a while hehe

So far, this RTR looks solid...the body is ugly, but nothing some spray paint can't take care of

So what's the general concensus on diff fluid #/#/#?

Ashlburg.
nice tyable.
Dirby.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Dirby

crazysvage.
what do you think about putting a nova rossie 28 in a jammin truggy kit?
thx Dirby
Old 03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
crazysavage

crazysvage.
what do you think about putting a nova rossie 28 in a jammin truggy kit?
thx Dirby
Very good combination...13 tooth clutch bell for short tracks and 15 tooth for big tracks.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:02 AM
miswa

5/10/3 diff oils
ORIGINAL: ashburg

HAH! That's the kitchen counter lol...I told my Wife that I was going to keep the Jammin' there for a week and pet it and pat it and call it George for a while hehe

So far, this RTR looks solid...the body is ugly, but nothing some spray paint can't take care of

So what's the general concensus on diff fluid #/#/#?

Ashlburg.
nice tyable.
Dirby.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Dirby

crazysavage.
are the Rex 28 and the nova rossie 28 the same thing.
a guy at nitro house said they were and there parts were interchangeable.
my local hobbyshop has a rex 28.
please advise.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 AM
crazysavage

crazysavage.
are the Rex 28 and the nova rossie 28 the same thing.
a guy at nitro house said they were and there parts were interchangeable.
my local hobbyshop has a rex 28.
please advise.
thx Dirby.
Same engine. Just remember to heat the block very well with a heat gun or blowdryer before starting, that takes alot of stress off the connecting rod and you. Use the heat cyle method and always get the engie up to soo degrees for 3 minutes and shut the engine down with piston at bottom dead center during cool down. After a bout five or six heat cycles, throw it on the ground and run it till the thing makes power and go race it.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Dirby

WOW!
did you say 500 digrees?
and keep it at that temp for three min than let it cool down?
that is a lot of heat for a long time.
please advise.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Dnell

He may have meant 200. You need to get the engine up to 200 for proper combustion to take place.

You'll often get tweaks to the method from different people, like I put mine on the ground after the first cycle. I've found the cycles more effective when the engines under load. It's up to how confident you feel in your tuning ability.

shut the engine down with piston at bottom dead center during cool down.
This is very important. I ruined a RB 928 in less than a gallon because of letting the engine cool with the piston TDC once after an overheating incident, getting pissed off and storing the truck without checking.

You'll read about different methods, but heat cycling has been gaining ground over the last 3 years. Read this and you'll understand.

http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php

Another interesting insight into tuning can be found here:

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...p?showtopic=99

One tip when you get to the point where you start tuning for performance; Keep the top-end on the rich side. The engine has more than enough juice once you get the LSN dialed in. (not until after the break-in though)

Another tip: If you experience difficulty starting the engine, lean the HSN 1/8 at a time until it starts and don't attemp any other adjustments until it's up to temp. Then richen it up until you've got good smoke and maybe a little unspent fuel coming out while its at standstill.

Until it's broken in, it will run and sound like 'a bag of nail', don't be concerned just get through the heat cycles, blipping the throttle to overcome stutters and stalls. Depending on outside air temp, you should be able to get it over 200 in about 3 minutes. If not you may need to resort to blocking the airflow around the head.

Depending on which fuel you use the running temps might settle around the 250 mark. Don't get too caught up with temps though cause as long as you've got good smoke, the engine's getting lubrication.

Quite a few people had problems with the Nova .28 last year, complaints of flame-outs and the like. Most if not all could be explained, IMHO, as tuning issues to do with bad tuning practices. The Nova carbs are sensitive to adjustments, so once broken in especially, a 1/8 turn will yield a difference. So my advise is to not get to needle turning happy, take youre time and enjoy performance like you've never seen.

Some of use who ran the engine last year in truggies, went to great lengths at some tracks to calm the beast down, resorting to putting the 7mm carb insert and limiting the throttle.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Dirby

well gang i bit the bullet today.
i picked up a dx3 radio and traded a os v spec in on a nova rossie rex 28 with a roto start.
went the big bucks route.
auta go.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 PM
crazysavage

Dnell is dead nuts on the money with the break-in procedure and tuning high end engines. All the top end engines seem to have the same charicteristics and like to be rich on the high end and alittle leaner on the low end. The OPS engine seems to be an exception and it seems to like to be tuned any way you wish and it just makes tons of power rich lean or in between. I most certainly meant 200 degrees when I mistyped that Dirby...sorry about that but I'm sure you didnt go out and run at 500 (I hope)
Old 03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
ashburg

Guys...this stock steering servo seems mighty strong. Is it stronger than the average? 'course, I've got a 14oo mah pack in there...
Old 03-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Dirby

ashberg.
i got a pm from you but i couldn't pull it out.
e mail me at [email protected]
thx Dirby
Old 03-25-2006, 09:05 AM
mayhem272

ORIGINAL: ashburg

Well, I'm a real OS Fan already so that's a plus...I have the OS .30 VG in my Savage X. So the .21 will rev higher and has that power band I'm looking for then ay? As opposed to the .30 VG with lots of low end torque?

ORIGINAL: miswa

the 21 will rev higher with less lowend so u want to put a lowend pipe on it most likely and a jp-1 pipe
for the 30vg it has tones of lowend (i saw a video of a 30vg in a lst and shifts almost instantly) so ull prolly want a high end pipe for reference a jp-2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.