Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 03:34 AM
miswa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

hmm, maybe the switch comes with the radio set. this is my first kit, ima bet that the swith is with the radio set!
ORIGINAL: mayhem272

ORIGINAL: miswa

does the crt kit comes with the power switch? im almost done with mine and i cant find a power switch with the kit. im assuming that i have to buy all the electronics for it coz i dont see any wires at all
im wonderin about that too
i have one on order so i guess ill have to find a wire kit with a switch
Old 04-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Dnell

busted fuel tank (2nd one)

ashburg

I too suffered with broken fuel tanks on my Savage until I bought one of these.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKXB2&P=7
Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the update. The Pro system then would be the equivalent to HRS for everybody else's radio system. I agree about not being able to feel 2 milliseconds. Spektrum is already a lot faster than FM so, to me, there is my poor mans HRS. That, and I already have regular Spektrum receivers also and don't want to have to replace the entire system. Have fun and good luck.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Dirby

the kits do NOT have a switch with them.
you will have to provide your own.
Dirby.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:12 PM
conrodss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is any one having problems with dirt getting into the shock oil , after only a few drives
Old 04-07-2006, 09:14 PM
mayhem272

ORIGINAL: Dirby

the kits do NOT have a switch with them.
you will have to provide your own.
Dirby.
how much are they and are they in complete sets or do i have to buy like a switch and a y harness?? does amain or tower have em? also i have my kit comin next week and i got all my engine and servos batteries glowplugs tires and oils
my starter box and kit and pipe and chassis brace were back ordered from amain but i claled to day to find out wen they will arrive and they have excellent customer service. 5 stars!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Dirby

your local hobby shop should have a switch.
i bought several and i think they were 7.00 each.
get the one with three plugs on it so you can use one plug to charge your battery with out disconecting it.this works real well.
Dirby.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Dirby

the switch comes in one piece with three plugs on it.
dirby.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Dirby

tail dragger.
i sorta got my futaba 3pk today.
the 3pk came in but the spectrum didn't make it yet.
i basicly took the tx and charger and left everything else that came in the box at the hobby shop.
the owner was not there so i left it all with his employee and asked him to see if the owner would allow me some on the price of the 3pk and spectrum.he said he would ask him.
it don't hurt to try.
i talked with a couple of the guys that run at the track and of course they said this and that were no good about the 3pk.one guy said look at what all the pro's are useing.he said m ii.
some like vanella and some like chocolate.
if you listen to what they all say you will soon discover that you have paid a big wad of money for isn't worth anything and it is all trash.
here is my junk.as they call it
jammin truggy kit.
os v spec 21
nova rossie rex 28
hell fire.
Dx3 spectrum
futaba 3pk spectrum
jp1 pipe.
jp2 pipe.
ain't cheep.
Dirby.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 AM
taildraggerdave

Congrats on the new radio. You will love it. I wouldn't sweat what the others are saying. You are now holding one of the premier radios in all of surface R/C.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:24 PM
lunchboxx_pi

hello everyone I am new to this sight and just ordered thr X1 CRT RTR a couple of days ago. Can anyone tell me how the truck runs and some of the bad things that they have discovered with the truck so that they dont come up and surprise me at the wrong time. I am definately not new to the hobby. Right now I own a XTM Mammoth ST. Thanks for your help and hope to hear some feed back soon.
John
Old 04-08-2006, 07:07 PM
AUTOMAG

Hey lunch your going to really like the rtr. the rotostart is real nice . make sure you charge the batts for the rotostart the night before so its really ready to go. The eninge starts well i started mine for breaking in 35 degree weather. just go easy with it at first and heat cycle it a few times. then after 5 or 7 tanks you can get on it abit more . after 10 tanks its pretty much ready to run hard and can be leaned out some.I have been leaning it just a pinch hear and there. still a trail of blue smoke from mine so i can do abit more ..
Old 04-08-2006, 07:47 PM
lunchboxx_pi

thanks alot. I have a question is there any factory defects that show up after you have been running the truck for a while?
Old 04-08-2006, 08:12 PM
AUTOMAG

Well there are plenty of upgrades you can do to the RTR One thing people get right away is the z brace that mounts on the chassis that helps reduce flex near the engine area and keep the gears in alignment.I have upgraded some parts one there infact i just got a real sweet BCE chassis for it but im niot in a hurry to swap it out .I added an Futaba 3 PM FM radio just cause its much nicer. Picked up stronger steering serv to.went with an airtronics 94358 but the stock on is fine for now .The truggy turns well for me.The shocks are real nice on these and if you do break a stock component,most of the parts are cheap.they say the rear wing stays break alot in a tumble crash. I try to avoid that from happenng.. hope this helps you.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
lunchboxx_pi

this helps alot thanks. I keep getting more and more excited for my new rig to get here. Looking forward to put the smack down on all those hotbodies lightnings at my local track.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Dirby

crazysavage.
i am not sure but i think my os v spec is history.
it is now a paper weight.
might be the best thing that ever happend.
my lhd thinks i may have streached a rod.
not even a gallon through it yet.
what motor would you suggest i replace my paper weight with?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Jammin101

Just finished building my new Jammin CRT, it has an OS30 engine, JR9000S throttle servo and Hitec 5955 steering servo.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Dirby

hope you have better luck with your os 30 than the two that i have seen blow up here
maby you will.
Dirby.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:03 PM
skmotoxxx

Hey lunchbox,

Here's some ideas for you that I went through with my RTR. Tear the differentials apart before driving, mine were bone dry. Ditch the truggy wing and get a buggy wing, they flex more and are less likely to break a wing stay. I haven't broken one yet and I have crashed mine hard many times. If you can come across a lunsford titanium turnbuckle kit for less than sixty bucks, buy it. I've only really broken three things on mine, lower right a-arm and drive-shaft(head on collision when I flew off my side of the track over a HUGE double, my fault) and left front upper turn buckle. The ex. manifold is made out of some shiny cheese material and the springs on mine seem to pull through it fairly easy. go ahead and drill two more holes on it and add another spring for added support. Also I had a problem with the stock lower shock mounts pulling the threads out and the shock shaft pulling out of them. I think they were overtightened from factory. I bought a whole other shock mount kit for like 9 bucks. Saves you from having to search for your springs and cups. This might sound like alot of problems but trust me, the way that I drive, this car should always be breaking stuff and it doesn't. As far as upgrades, definately a new radio package(I bought an M11 and ordered a pro spektrum), I bought some offset wheels, good tires (crime fighters for the dirt out here) and GOOD foams for the tires. The two chassis braces that come with the RTR are plastic and you will notice them bending after a few uses. Buy the pro aluminum ones. Z-brace, one peice motor mount. And the list can go on and on. Basicly to start though, do yourself a big favor and go through the car completely before running it and tighten, locktite and inspect everything. It'll save you a few headaches. Have fun, I love mine!

Scott
Old 04-15-2006, 01:08 PM
skmotoxxx

Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot. The power switch on the car is mounted upside down from the factory. Make sure you have to push it down to turn on the car.
later
Old 04-15-2006, 03:39 PM
taildraggerdave

I can see why the current trend is for extra fuel line to keep the car running when it flips over and waiting for the turn marshal but how come there is an equally long section of exhaust pressure hose. I see in Jammin 101's car that there is a lot of exhaust hose. Would seem to me that shorter is better for that. What is the general opinion on that?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:40 AM
miswa

here is my new jammin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37864.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	446024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75191.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	446025  
Old 04-16-2006, 07:50 AM
TNTJake

Hi guys,
I took my OLD T-maxx down to the track yesterday. Anyway their were two Jammins on the track.One of them had a Novarossi in his. I just Have to beat him!![sm=bananahead.gif]
What truck and engine do I need? I would be thankful for Any suggestions.

Thanks!

Zoom
Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: ZoomZoom1

Hi guys,
I took my OLD T-maxx down to the track yesterday. Anyway their were two Jammins on the track.One of them had a Novarossi in his. I just Have to beat him!![sm=bananahead.gif]
What truck and engine do I need? I would be thankful for Any suggestions.

Thanks!

Zoom
I run a CRT PRO with a Novarossi 528 XR Hotmod and 16 tooth clutch bell and top of the line servos. If you are a smooth enough driver, this combo is about as fast and powerful as it gets. If you cant drive consistantly, a well set up truggy with half the power will beat you every time.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
_Wyvern_
My Feedback: (7)

Carzysavage,

I have the same setup and have been debating on installing my 16 tooth clutch bell. Did you notice a drop in acceleration with the 16 tooth? This engine is rediculously powerful, it seems like the bigger clutchbell is the way to go...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.