Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Jammin_Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

talk about the new jammin x1crt and post pics here. how is this buggy compared to others
how do you like your new jammin
Old 12-02-2005, 09:02 PM
jr29

Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
vspecboy

the jammin x1crt looks really cool
Old 12-31-2005, 12:30 PM
nitrosportdecals

Here's the Rig, waiting on a modded nonpull NR528xr by Rick @ RB Mods. It's got Jr servos (650 for steering and an older discontinued one for brakes, specs are .8 sec and 90 oz. torque @ 6 v.) a hitec radio w/ spektrum module, JP-1 pipe, Venom temp/failsafe, rim and wing decals designed by yours truly, available in many styles and colors with matching numbers and stripe/flame/tribal designs for the body! Look for them soon in an ebay store.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48014.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	378592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67992.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	378593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn77813.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	378594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vm82124.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	378595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47611.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	378596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88316.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	378597  
Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 PM
nitrosportdecals

I almost forgot, you will have the option of specifying what wing and wheel you run, ur decals will be custom made for you. Any combination is available. Buggy and trucks. (for dish wheels only) For an additional setup fee, the wing decals can be monogrammed as per your request!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:59 PM
1CE

i dont know where i read this but is there a pro version of the Jammin X1CRT if not now will there be?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Buzzbait

Here's my new Jammin X1-CRT. I took her out for her maiden voyage today, to make sure that the linkages were set up correctly. It was very cold and lightly snowing out, and I didn't have time to get the engine tuned perfectly for winter weather, but it ran pretty well. I'm running a bit on the cheap, with an HPI K4.6 engine. Handling was very impressive. Acceleration and top speed wasn't bad, but not as good as I thought I’d get. Like I said, the engine wasn't exactly tuned perfectly by the time my fingers froze. I’d give my first born for one nice day of summer weather to get the bugs worked out.

The Jammin JP-1 pipe might not be the best fit for the K4.6. Maybe I'll try out the JP-2 pipe when Tower Hobbies gets them in.

Old 12-31-2005, 08:39 PM
crazysavage

Buzzbait, theres nothing wrong with that engine. If holds atune and idles long enough to sit at the starting line while you wait for the start buzzer it will give you plenty of power. I would stick with the JP1 for now and later, pick up an Ofna 086 one peice pipe. This will give you much more top end power and the engine will get on the pipe much quicker. Driving skill is way more important than engine power and that engine will make plenty. Nice CRT....Good luck!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 PM
crazysavage

Buzzbait, theres nothing wrong with that engine. If holds atune and idles long enough to sit at the starting line while you wait for the start buzzer it will give you plenty of power. I would stick with the JP1 for now and later, pick up an Ofna 086 one peice pipe. This will give you much more top end power and the engine will get on the pipe much quicker. Driving skill is way more important than engine power and that engine will make plenty. Nice CRT....Good luck!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Buzzbait

I'm not worried about the 4.6. I put about 4 gallons through it over the summer, on my Savage SS. I really like the engine. It's got a nice smooth power band. Not overly powerful, but smooth and dependable. I'm not so sure about the JP-1 pipe though. It felt like it was limiting my top end by quite a bit. Then again, the engine wasn't exactly tuned to perfection.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed by the CRT so far. It's a heck of a lot more nimble than my two-ton Savage.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:18 PM
mayhem272

idk if i shall go rtr jammin or a kit for racing
ive never raced or build a rc bfore
and for a kit u have 2 spend twice as much
but i dont have the kinda money to put $400+ money into a engine
but i have a very good radio system m11 with spektrum
i do like the kit a little better after seein it out of the box lol
and i know crazysavage personaly so he can help me
thanks
Old 12-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Buzzbait

If you have the electronics and a good friend to help you out, I'd definitely go for the kit. There are plenty of less expensive engines out there for a man on a budget.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:12 AM
crazysavage

From what I can tell, there are not enough differences in the ready to run to warrent building a kit if you have not have ever built one. The carbon fiber parts on the kit are no better than aluminum. A lot of racers are getting after market alloy steering plates because you can crack the carbon fiber one if you nose into a big jump. The truck turns even better on small bumby tracks with the front brace removed. It allows the chassis to flex a little more and that allows the tires to dig in better on small slipery tracks. I run with out the front chassis brace and sway bar on our local track and it performs with amazement. The tire on the ready to run will work better on the tracks around Pittsburgh when they get dry and dusty. I've raced against all the truggies out there. The CRT turns better, on and off power, it jumps flatter and with less driver effort, it puts power down in the straightaways better and it breaks less. I dont love ofna, in fact, the company itself does not make happy when I deal with them but the jammin crt is the best truggy out there. All the other ones will trying to catch up all summer long. The jammin will get better as more people apply theie ideas and tell others so it will be the truck to beat for a long time to come. I want the best and for now the CRT is the best, ready to run or kit hands down. Buy one or follow one, you decide. See ya at the track.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:45 PM
woodrw77

Buzzbait are you running 23mm hex Proline rims, standard offset? If so what adapters are you using?
Will
Old 01-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Buzzbait

No. I'm running your basic white Jammin dishes.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXLMZ8

I'll definitely be looking hard at the Maximizer truggy beadlocks when they come out.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:43 PM
woodrw77

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought there might be some white wheels but I could not find the right part number. I like the bigger wing also!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
mayhem272

is it a good idea to put a k4.6 in a crt for a beginner racer?
would it be a winner?
cuz im really interested in gettin a crt but not sure to get the kit or rtr!
ive never built a kit bfore
but i know someone that can help me
about how long does it take to build the kit in hours? thanks!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
rorhound

It took me about 14 hours to build mine including painting, trimming and stickering the body. My first build so I had a couple of things that I screwed up on and had to go back and fix. If I had been paying attention to the instructions a little closer I wouldn't have had those problems.

I stuck a Mach .28 in it with a Jammin JP-1 pipe and it screams. I don't get pulled down the straights by the costly motors so I'm happy. I got the motor on e-bay for $120 to the door.

IMO go kit. At least you'll know how to work on it for chassis tuning and set-up.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:47 PM
ringneck

hey rorhound try a jp2 on that mach that thing should already have plenty of low down grunt a jp2 will open it up and let it breathe. worked grat on my mach 26.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:37 PM
nitrosportdecals

I stuck a Mach .28 in it with a Jammin JP-1 pipe and it screams. I don't get pulled down the straights by the costly motors so I'm happy. I got the motor on e-bay for $120 to the door.
What a coincidence, that was the exact same setup that I had in mine. Thats the 28 in the pics with JP-1 pipe. Go figure [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Motor was great, but I sold it after a gallon and a half. Now I'm waiting on an Rick Blake modded Novarossi 528xr.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55710.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	379992  
Old 01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
ringneck

ya ya ya nitrosport what ever you just think youre the sh@t cause you have a rossi 28 and i WAS gonna run a little peashooter 21 but i messed up and took YOURE advice and bought a rossi 28[:'(][8D]. but hey man i see you make decals! will you make them for other people do ya have a businuse or what! and what kind of decals are they? im looking for some name decals and wheel decals.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:21 PM
nitrosportdecals

ya ya ya nitrosport what ever you just think youre the sh@t cause you have a rossi 28 and i WAS gonna run a little peashooter 21 but i messed up and took YOURE advice and bought a rossi 28 . but hey man i see you make decals! will you make them for other people do ya have a businuse or what! and what kind of decals are they? im looking for some name decals and wheel decals.
HAHA!! Good move, I've been hearing rave reviews about these motors. My RB modded 528 is in the mail, can't wait till I get it. As for the decals, they are available for sale, I will be offering a variety of colors and designs to suit ur needs. As soon as I have some other styles/colors printed, I'll post them. Thanx for your interest.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:27 PM
roaddell

hey guys just ordered me an x1crt just wanted to get some helpful hints on the build and what kind of hop ups did you'll get other than the upgradeable engine mount and is the clutch any good or do we need an after market clutch thanks fellas
Old 01-12-2006, 10:37 PM
nitrosportdecals

hey guys just ordered me an x1crt just wanted to get some helpful hints on the build and what kind of hop ups did you'll get other than the upgradeable engine mount and is the clutch any good or do we need an after market clutch thanks fellas
Hey Road, the clutch is great use it. As a matter of fact, the whole thing kicks ass right out of the box. As for upgrades, I.M.O. totally unnecessary, but you'll probably do them anyway. If and when you decide to upgrade, wait till you start to break things, make the decision then if parts get replaced with an upgrade. As for tips on the build, follow the instructions to the letter, don't skip any steps, don't over tighten anything and use the recommended setup/fluids that are included in the kit. DON'T FORGET THREADLOCK!! And don't use anything that is RED for threadlocker, it'll stay locked forever. I talked with the guys at Ofna about setup advice. They had one of the pro drivers right there who stated that the setup right out of the box is the best all around combination to start with, and the proof is in the pudding, I put it all together bone stock right out of the box, havent even dialed it in on a setup board and this thing hooks!! As with any new ride, allow some run time before you decide if your going to make any changes to the fluids or setup. I found that after about a gallon of fuel, everything broke in and settled nicely, the thing is smooth and steady on our bumpy ass track. I'm not changing SH*T!! Good luck man, let us know how it goes.........
Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Hoese37

When i started looking at truggy's i wanted the MBX5T, but then this came out and i waited, and now im glad i did. This thing is almost 6 in. wider then the Mugen. And I think its a little longer too. I think im gonna put a STS .28 in mine when i get it. Im for sure going to go with a kit, but what other hop ups are reccommended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.