Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

PIMP MY TRUGGY!!!

Old 02-13-2006, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIMP MY TRUGGY!!!

Looking to do an inexpensive truggy conversion on my Kyosho Kanai 2. Need some tire and wheel combos in 17mm or 23mm that will provide the proper offset. My only other concern is the center diff's gear ratio. Will a spur gear or complete diff from a LSP or X1-CRT fit? Please let me know what works on your truggy!
thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 09:45 AM

Default RE: PIMP MY TRUGGY!!!

For my Kanai 2 conversion, I used the JT racing conversion. It comes with the Hub extenders, shock towers, the big spur gear, and mounts to raise up the throttle brake servo. I have Velocity wheels with Panther Python 40's on mine. YOu can find the kit on Ebay for around $100. You can see pics of my truggy in my photo page (BIGBADEMAN).
Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 AM

Sorry, didn't answer you question...lol The spur gear is a 62 tooth steel spur from an ofna monster pirate, and I run a 13 tooth clutch bell. The hub extensions are 17mm. I also forgot to mention that you will need a set of rear shocks for the front, I used the kanai shocks with blue springs. The kit also comes with A new center diff brace and a radio tray with a cutout for the larger spur. If you want to go all out, Native racing has the tomahawk suspension kit that has long aluminum arms and is pretty much bullet-proof, but it costs about $275 just for the kit. Hope this helps, and good luck with your conversion.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 PM

Does it have a center diff? I thought the Monster Pirate just had a solid center spool. Was hoping I could use a center diff brace from a SUT or X1-CRT as I am only concerned with the gear ratio.
thanks
ORIGINAL: bigbademan

Sorry, didn't answer you question...lol The spur gear is a 62 tooth steel spur from an ofna monster pirate, and I run a 13 tooth clutch bell. The hub extensions are 17mm. I also forgot to mention that you will need a set of rear shocks for the front, I used the kanai shocks with blue springs. The kit also comes with A new center diff brace and a radio tray with a cutout for the larger spur. If you want to go all out, Native racing has the tomahawk suspension kit that has long aluminum arms and is pretty much bullet-proof, but it costs about $275 just for the kit. Hope this helps, and good luck with your conversion.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 AM

The spur gear came with the kit and just happened to be an OFNA part. How many teeth are on the stock SUT or CRT? Like I said before, with the 40-series pro-line wheels, The 62/12 or 62/13 ratio seem to work well for me. Your stock diff brace will not work with a larger spur unless you modify it, same with the radio tray, but you only need to cut a slot in the radio tray for clearance.