Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Buggy to Truggy

Old 02-14-2006, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buggy to Truggy

your telling the guy to put on 15 mm hubs that every body is having troubles with lol man do what you want your on your own lol good luck
Old 02-14-2006, 01:44 PM

Those are the rims I was reffering to. Would that be enough or should I also get the extensions?

Thanks a million you guys!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: sly2136

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: sly2136

If your not stretching the chassis your just not going to be competative and wheel extenders make it very difficult to get the suspension to use the larger tires. Your best bet would be to save your money for the extended chassis version of the Mayhem ST or save money while waiting for the price of the crt to come down or get the Kyosho ready set truggy and upgrade it to a pro version as money allows. That is just my experience in changing over three different buggies. The sho is an excellent ride but I dont think it will lend it self to being made into a truggy. Good luck.
Enough fighting dude lets just help the guy out. Do you know the Sho buggy? It's diff are little strange, they are supported internally with a small pin and shim. He will be better off with the very ligh! 15mm not 30 mm hub extenders and the half offset not full offset wheels. You can tell I have experience dont say I'm not experienced. You have it too. They are just different experiences, that happens. Now I would like to find out more about your converted truggy cause if it's that good... I want to build one and try one more time. My past attempts have not lived up to the compatition, you must be doing something right.

I would have to dissagree with the not competitive part i have a buggy converted to truggy with komodo's and i was the tq at a state race in florida this past fall against all the big truggies crt's,lsp's, mugen's i personally think its more driving skill that a chassis length
Different levels in skill is a given fact, I didnt say that the CRT and other porpose built truggies are unbeatable, I said it requires more attention to drive a non extended throw together truggy at the limits of traction, and for most people, that would render them uncompetative. Where I race, a non extended truggy does not have a chance, with giant jumps and huge sweeping turns, the CRTs are untouchable and with all the new truggys coming out I'm sure the competition will be eaven heavier this season. I'd like to the results of that race published some where and start running what you are running because there are a lot of killer drivers in a Fla. state race and you must be a top dog.

you say at your track there are big air jumps well i don't know of any tracks that have bigger air than the track at boggy creek in florida it is now shut down but the jumps were like 6 ft high and the cars would fly a good 40 ft and the guy that won the pro series there had a kysho buggy converted like i state. so your not talking from experience i can tell where is your big air track that is so difficult to run on anyway
Old 02-14-2006, 02:15 PM

The clutch bell on the SHO is a 13 tooth and the spur gear is a 46 tooth... should I still change them and will I need to change anything else if I switch to the 12 tooth. If I should switch, does it matter what brand? RD Logics doesn't offer any other clutch bells or spur gears.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:43 PM

You only need to change the bell and any brand will do sportwerks will do.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM

You only need to change the bell and any brand will do sportwerks will do.

experience when your telling the guy to get 15mm hub extenders and showing him 17mm rims to buy they won't even fit lol what kind of help is that
Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 PM

What wont fit? The ofna 15mm hub extenders have a 17mm hex. !5mm is the length of the hub extender and 17mm is the hex size. I just put a set on my daughters SHO. I really dont know what you are talking about.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4149

This set up gives better geometry than full off set wheels.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:08 PM

ofna also makes hub extenders that fit the max wheels with the smaller hub you didn't specify 15 mm width they make like four different versions of hub extenders
Old 02-14-2006, 09:12 PM

What wont fit? The ofna 15mm hub extenders have a 17mm hex. !5mm is the length of the hub extender and 17mm is the hex size. I just put a set on my daughters SHO. I really dont know what you are talking about.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4149

This set up gives better geometry than full off set wheels.

as far as getting a better geometry its the same thing wether you have 15 mm out on hub with an extender plus another 15 mm with a narrow ofset lets say the total is 30mm so how is that differ from useing a 30mm offset wheel it don't same damn thing so how is your geometry different i'm not saying your way is wrong i'm just saying there are easier ways to do it for less money
Old 02-14-2006, 09:34 PM

It places the center line of the wheel in the proper arc that the suspension travels which makes the tire contact the ground in a more consistant manner when it travels up and down through it's travel. This reduces bump steer and makes the control more predictable.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/craig05/Picture

002.jpg[/IMG]

That's the hub extender. Thats a crime fighter mounted on a half offset CRT wheel on the right and a Komodo ddragon low profile on a full off set wheel. The wheels are the same diameter and the tire profile creates that much difference in diameter. Some tracks will not allow them. Do you think I still dont have experience?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 PM

look man think what you want if your center line is 30mm out regardless of how it gets there its 30mm out right so how can it be different the center of the tire is in the same place regardless if you use the hub extender or offset wheel 30mm is 30mm no matter how you look at it lol
Old 02-14-2006, 10:09 PM

your pics look just like mine does exactly the same and i use only the offset wheel
Old 02-14-2006, 10:22 PM

You just shot down every thought that all suspension engineers strive to perfect when they design a suspension system. The pictures were not posted for you. I posted them for the person who's thread you hijacked. If there was no reason to adjust off set to the suspension then why are there so many different offsets in rc cars and real cars, maybe just for looks. I see your experienced. And what was that about telling somebody something that does not fit. These fit ,you see it before your eyes. You shore got excited about something and you were wrong!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 PM

look i'm sorry you don't understand simple math but 15 plus 15 equals 30 k don't matter how you try to look at it the offset is identical lol yes i understand off set wheels are made for a reason but you defeated your purpose by putting on the hub extender so your at the same point in offset as a full offset wheel why is that so hard to understand lol
Old 02-14-2006, 10:38 PM

No comment! lol
Old 02-15-2006, 01:43 PM

ROFLMAO! You 2 crack me up! OK, back to the topic, Would I get away with just using a set of 28mm offset wheels or should I use the extensions and less of an offset wheel? Also, if I use the extensions, would I be able to use 40 series tires or is that not recemended?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM

If you choose to run a better geometry you should run 15mm extentions with 28mm offset wheels. If you choose to not use extensions you can run komodos or crime fighters. If you choose 40 series you will need a new steering servo 14mm hub adapters or 23mm hub adapters and a bunch of spare suspension parts. The Maxx size crowd pleazer body fits the application quite well. You have to get some brand of beefy body posts and bolt them to th shock towers.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 PM

Crazy, what body mounts would you recomend? Hot Bodies? Ofna? I ask all of these questions because I don't know much about the parts and whats best and you seem to be on top of things .

I plan on putting hitech servos on it. In your opinion, is it better to have 40 series tires or should I stick with the normal ones? Do you have any pics of a buggy with the MAXX sized crowd pleazer on it? I would like to see how it fits.

Thanks[&:]
Old 02-15-2006, 04:30 PM

I'll set one up. Are you reading back to the other posts and looking at the pictures. FORGET ABOUT 40 SERIES TIRES, THEY ARE TOO BIGG!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...osts&x=54&y=14
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM

You're confusing me... do you want me to get a Savage??? I already have one . I am only looking to put $100 or so into a SHO ( besides radio) to make it a truggy, for now.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:31 PM

I also want to convert my Kanai 2. For tires/wheels buy the 17mm Ofna hub extenders that are 15mm in length. Then buy wheels from the Jammin X1-CRT or if you like black/green buy the ones by Thunder Tiger as they both have the same offset. Put whatever tires on it that you want! I don't like the Panther tires because of there smaller size. I prefer some scale in the vehicles I race so I would get Pro-Line Bow-Ties or Crimefighters......just my opinion. They posted a link for body mounts above or just check your LHS as I am sure someone can help you. Hope this helps!!!!! Now if I could just figure out my gear ratio! Like you I want to keep it simple and cheap!!!!
thanks
ORIGINAL: LeJohn_James_23

You're confusing me... do you want me to get a Savage??? I already have one . I am only looking to put $100 or so into a SHO ( besides radio) to make it a truggy, for now.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 PM

I'm not telling you to get a savage, are you talking to me. I see the link didnt work. I was trying to show you body posts for your sho. This is my suggestion. Do 15mm hub extenders, Crime fighters on black 28mm off set wheels, proline crowd pleazer body, and do a search on amainhobbies and pick out some truggy body mounts and make them fit on the towers. You may have to drill a hole. Try it out if it's geared to high use a 12 tooth clutch bell. If you page up, you will see the show buggy with Komodo dragon low profile, maxx sixe tires on the left side of the picture. You will have better gearing with those but it may not ride as high as you like. You can mount those on the black rims. If you want to ride higher but risk a gearing problem use crime fighters, they are pictured and the right side of the picture. If you want me to mock up the Sho with the tires I can do that and post it tomorrow. Where did the savage thing come from?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:08 PM

Old 02-15-2006, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: DNF2005

I didnt copy you dude we posted at almost the same time, I just type really slow. I've been trying to tell the exact same thing to LeJohn for two and half pages but sly 2136 kept steppin all over me.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:42 PM

That's not it all. I posted a question that I already had an answer too and just wanted to delete it!

ORIGINAL: DNF2005

I didnt copy you dude we posted at almost the same time, I just type really slow. I've been trying to tell the exact same thing to LeJohn for two and half pages but sly 2136 kept steppin all over me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.