Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 why is x1-CRT better than LSP-R >

why is x1-CRT better than LSP-R

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

why is x1-CRT better than LSP-R

Old 02-15-2006, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is x1-CRT better than LSP-R

jus wondering coz i want to get a truggy soon. i think i like the LSP-R but a lot of people are saying that the CRT is better. if it is true that the crt is better is it worth the huge price difference? and why is it better??? thanks. . .
Old 02-15-2006, 07:54 AM

Default RE: why is x1-CRT better than LSP-R

As far as kits go, the CRT is much cheaper than the Mugen or the Kyosho kit will be but you get super expensive upgrades in the box. I run the CRT kit but have driven several LSP-r and the only advantages is the CRT is lighter, Steers a little better in slow corners, and hooks up in a straight line alittle better than the LSP. LSP owners will beg to differ but they have done all the tweeking to their LSPs and they can be made to handle just as well as the CRT. The CRT ready to run is one of the best buys out there when compared to out of the box ready to run truggies. You have to be a pretty good driver to exploit the small differences in the two trucks and you cant go wrong with either of them. You will also find that both truck can use a few add-ons to make them really race ready but not as much as you used to have to do to race vehicle and I almost forgot, The CRT has a set of the nicest shocks in the industry but the little wiper boots need to be replaced with regular rubber booties cause they dont work too well.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:01 AM

the crt's sure look faster than the lsp
Old 02-15-2006, 11:42 AM

Around here the LSP and CRT are neck and neck but all the people who run LSPs them have had them for awhile and the CRT guys are just getting started finding all the tuning tweaks. Because of that, I would say the CRT has an edge.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:24 AM

Maybe my setup is not correct, slow speed or off power steering on my LSP is a real challenge. I get pulled on in the tight sections of the track. CRT seems to have more steering.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Sucker_mc

Maybe my setup is not correct, slow speed or off power steering on my LSP is a real challenge. I get pulled on in the tight sections of the track. CRT seems to have more steering.
You have to do a little modify work on the LSP. If you do some searching you should be able to find all kinds of info. Truggyracers.com is a great place to find the answers you need.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:53 PM

We had a guy come into the shop the other day with not enough steering in his lsp. Then he put a buggy steering system in it to give it more steering, he said he thinks it helped a little bit. Then the week after he had us order him a crt.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Truggysanyone

We had a guy come into the shop the other day with not enough steering in his lsp. Then he put a buggy steering system in it to give it more steering, he said he thinks it helped a little bit. Then the week after he had us order him a crt.
One of my racing buddies got his LSP to steer just about as good as my CRT but it took a lot of shaving and you cant do it the way he did it with out a radio that will adjust to 150% on the steering end point adjustment. He uses an M8.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:02 PM

Yep alot of work just to make it close to the crt.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: crazysavage
One of my racing buddies got his LSP to steer just about as good as my CRT but it took a lot of shaving and you cant do it the way he did it with out a radio that will adjust to 150% on the steering end point adjustment. He uses an M8.

Sure you can. Get a longer servo horn. Longer servo horn means more servo throw.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Truggysanyone

Yep alot of work just to make it close to the crt.
Its not a lot of work. The whole mod will take you about an hour (if you're slow). Maybe 5-10 minutes of dremmeling the rest is disassembly and reassembly. About $40-$45 in parts (icluding 17mm wheels).
Old 02-26-2006, 10:56 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Personally, I don't think there is really much difference between the two. Unless you are one of the "elite" in your club, the performance difference won't be noticeable to the average club racer.

The only person that can tell you which is better is the person who CURRENTLY owns both and has spent time with both. Just driving someone elses CRT or LSP-R isn't going to tell you anything. Their set-up and style dictates how that truck is going to drive or feel to you which most likely doesn't suit your driving style.

I think alot of people are "switching" to the CRT because its new and not necessarily better...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 AM

To me the most important thing for the steering is the front axis setup. Many cars have a natural understeer right out of the box. With the shocks set vertical enough, sufficiently hard shock springs, decent sway bar and enough toe out EVERY Truggy should turn well enough.

Dremeling to allow for more movement of the steering is a good idea but is USELESS if the setup determines the car to understeer. Personally, I can handle oversteer and like to setup the car with a "lose tail" but I HATE understeer.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:03 PM

I posted this over on the "official" x1-CRT thread but you might get better use of the info here. Got to run two new almost (except for MINOR adjustments) indentical trucks last weekend. One pushed like a dump truck and the other was so loose it was like the track was on ice. Both jumped well and other than being on opposite ends of the spectrum for handling had no bad tendencies. To me that is the mark of a well designed vehicle. These guys got together this week to meet in the middle so to speak so they should arrive at a neutral very fast well mannered truck. Now if the rain would just go away so we could find out.

Ed M.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:18 PM

I have driven both the LST Pro ARR and the Jammin CRT RTR stock out of the box except with digital servos and HRS RX. The LST handled way better. I won the FL state series with it without ever practicing with it. But the CRT Pro is better quality out of the box, yet you can't compare a ARR with a pro kit that you must build. If you took a LST ARR and built it yopurself with a few Kingheadz upgrades and Tony's screw kit, I think the LST would be better or equal.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:32 PM

The Mgan is not way more money then the crt . The Mugan is $550.00. Ths LSP rtr is the best deal out therre $379.00!!!!. You can buy alot of hop ups with the extra cash and the lsp handles better then the crt on a tight track if it is set up correctly.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: ferdi from Germany
Dremeling to allow for more movement of the steering is a good idea but is USELESS if the setup determines the car to understeer. Personally, I can handle oversteer and like to setup the car with a "lose tail" but I HATE understeer.
Understeer can be adjusted/dialed/modded out just like any other suspension/handling issue. As you pointed out, no vehicle is race-dialed right out of the box. I was just clearing the air about the exaggerated difficulty of the LSP steering mod. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You want a "loose tail" with the LSP, adjust your brake bias to hit the rear harder, lower your front ride height, raise your rear ride height, thin your rear diff fluid and thicken your center. You'll "fishtail" all day.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 AM

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
Posting in a foreign language, it's a thin line between just adding one's own $0.02 to what has already been said and appearing to know better wiser than others.

Understeer can be adjusted/dialed/modded out just like any other suspension/handling issue.
That was pretty much of what I wanted to say.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:21 PM

Posting in a foreign language, it's a thin line between just adding one's own $0.02 to what has already been said and appearing to know better wiser than others.
Ok Ferdi...
I suppose you could say the same about the post I replied to?? Obvious to me was the fact that the person that posted that the mod was "a whole lot of work", hadn't done the mod or he/she wouldn't think so. Honestly, it takes me longer to properly glue a set of tires than it did to do this mod. Having done the mod myself on my truck, I suppose I AM a little wiser in this area. What really burns my arse (no, I'm not English) is when people that really don't know what they are talking about give their $.02 to make themselves feel better about the truck they purchased or plan to purchase while at the same time trying to give the competition a potentially bad rap. If you say the CRT is lighter, I can't argue. If you say the CRT has a stronger stiffer hard ano chassis, I can't argue. If you say the CRT comes with better wheels/tires, I can't argue. If you say Jammin' Jay's 20 years of racing experience are behind the design of this truck I can't argue. The CRT may have a few advantages over the LSP, but steering is the weakest of them all and I hear it all the time. Oddly enough, it's all I hear.

If I offended anyone, I apologize but, I say, speak what you KNOW, not what you think you know, nor what you hear or what you are told. Otherwise you are passing rumor and potentially harmful information along and presenting it as truth to someone that doesn't know better.