Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Rossi P5X or rossi 528xr for LSP? >

Rossi P5X or rossi 528xr for LSP?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Rossi P5X or rossi 528xr for LSP?

Old 03-04-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi P5X or rossi 528xr for LSP?

What would you guys prefer for a guy thats new to the raqcing scene, a Rossi P5X or a rossi 528XR? I feel like the 528 might be too much to handle for me, but the p5x might not be powerful enough.. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:57 PM

Default RE: Rossi P5X or rossi 528xr for LSP?

i dont know how long you have been around niro engines and how much exsperience you have at tuning but if you dont have much exsperience at tuning then dont bother with the 528 they can be a handful to tune and break in. the p-5 is much more user friendly and is an easy mill to tune. the 528 will have WAY more power than the p-5 and will take some set up to tame it down things like a 14-15 tooth clutch bell and mabey a 7mm carb insert. on my crt i have this 528 mill and its crazy powerful to powerful if you ask me and it sucks fuel like no other but ive noticed since i installed the 7mm insert it has helped tame this beast alittle. a p-5 should be plenty for a truggy just run a high torque pipe and you should be good. it will get awsome fuel milage to. if i had it to do all over again i would have got a vspec or mabey the new wasp 28 pro this 528 is an awsome mill but its also a handful to and ive been at this for 3 years now and have owned alot of engines but this baby takes the taco when it comes to tuning! but the power is really addictive to. if you race on a small to medium track the p-5 is plenty if you decide on a p-5 you should really spend the extra 30.00 and get the new p-5 plus 21 i heard it has more top end and more mid range than the p-5. in the end they are rossi mills and are both great if not the best money can buy. both are great choises.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:10 PM

what about the 3 port 528 is it a little more user friendly then the 8 port
Old 03-04-2006, 10:23 PM
My Feedback: (3)

ever consider the O.S V-spec?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:12 PM

i personaly think the vspec is the best all around mill for a truggy look at chad bradly winning big time races with a crt and a vspec. ive been drooling over the new jp modded vspec! everybody but me at my track runs the vspec. hmmm i wonder why?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

i personaly think the vspec is the best all around mill for a truggy look at chad bradly winning big time races with a crt and a vspec. ive been drooling over the new jp modded vspec! everybody but me at my track runs the vspec. hmmm i wonder why?
it is a great engine for any buggy or truggy
not to badyly priced compared to rb c5 and them
yea the jp modified is awsome but its way too much cash for me
and os has a awsome reputation too dont forget that!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:23 AM

OS had some problems recently wit the VSPECs. It seems like the back plate rubbed against the conrod. A friend of mine posted some pics of his engine on an Austrian forum:

[link=http://30486.rapidforum.com/topic=101076117419]pics of damaged VSpec[/link]

He was not the only one here in Europe.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
My Feedback: (3)

i wish i could read that thread! lol is the V-Spec starter box only??