Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 is there a such thing as too much power.please help! >

is there a such thing as too much power.please help!

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

is there a such thing as too much power.please help!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a such thing as too much power.please help!

okay i have a hot bodies lightning pro trug. first i put the 2speed in with the stock motor with proline
crime fighters it was very fast but somewhat controllable. i had a sirio .30 laying around so i decided
to throw it in even during break-in the 2 speed was insane so i took it out. i cracked my new rim so
i put the stock tires back keep in mind the foam is very soft. anyway even with the single speed this
thing is uncontrollable from before mid throttle to end the tires balloon up even on grass.i have
never seen a low,long and wide truggy do a wheelie but it happend and not going up a hill either.the
tires start ballooning then they raise the front end up its just a mess.its like watching a boat build
enough power to get up on its plane. does this motor have to come out?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:28 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: is there a such thing as too much power.please help!

it's only too much power when you cant control it, or it just plain breaks stuff! for example NHRA Top Fuel drag car (tooooo much power, but yet fun to watch) you gotta find a happy medium, i have a Jammin with a Picco .27 in it havent got to drive it yet but a sense it's going to be demoted to a .21 V-Spec
Old 04-03-2006, 09:00 PM

im new to truggies(setting them up for power,suspension etc.)im not trying to brag about how fast it is .like
proxpilot said its only too much if u cant control it .any setup tips as far as diff fluid tires suspension adj. etc.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:04 PM

2 speed???? theres a 2 speed!?!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:14 AM

yeah there is a 2 speed its actually from the lightning on road car but is a direct fit. it costs about
92 bucks plus u have to buy the clutch bell another 30. i love hp and speed but trust me even on the street
its crazy fast. i know 3 people that put in and took it right out but i had to experience for myself
Old 04-04-2006, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: proxpilot

it's only too much power when you cant control it, or it just plain breaks stuff! for example NHRA Top Fuel drag car (tooooo much power, but yet fun to watch) you gotta find a happy medium, i have a Jammin with a Picco .27 in it havent got to drive it yet but a sense it's going to be demoted to a .21 V-Spec
yup exactly another example is you are racing on a small dirt track and you have a 8port tnt modded nova or rb c5 worlds
thats uncontrolable
Old 04-04-2006, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: oneillz

im new to truggies(setting them up for power,suspension etc.)im not trying to brag about how fast it is .like
proxpilot said its only too much if u cant control it .any setup tips as far as diff fluid tires suspension adj. etc.
well there is a uncontrolable type of rc! the diff/shock setups vary alkmost infinite
im gonna run a crt pro kit with a 8 port nova rex thats on order and i was told to run for diffs (f/c/r) 10/10/1 i think
in my buggy is 5/10/1 wich is much diff from the truggy
it handles very nicely
and i run 40wt in the shocks on all 4
my track guys use 45wt and i am too in the truggy
Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 AM

My sponsor just bought me a pro kit with the nova Rex 528 modded by eb mods. It is very very very powerful. Right now I am running the 9mm restrictor that comes in the box but I think I am going to find the 7mm or 8mm restrictor because this thing is a gas hog. I think 10k oil in the center is too thin. I am running 30k but It is a little thick. I think I am going to mix up some 20k and it should be perfect. with 20k it keeps tire balloning down to a min. with 30k it pulls wheelies down the straight but man is it a rocket. It only pulls wheelies when I stab the throttle from a dead stop until it starts diffing out then it settles back down and whoosh gone like the wind. [>:] Our sponsor page is coming pretty well. Take a look if u want at www.thebashbrothers.com We have a awesome painter as well. The bodies look sweet