Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Kyosho ST-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:00 PM
speed08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho ST-R

Old 04-26-2006, 08:02 PM
m0rris

Wow i like the engine ver nice accept its a gas hog. You shoulda got the 21-5. I am liking the kyosho. Icannot wait till i get mine. I will order it in the next 4 weeks or so.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

wow that thing weighs as much as mine without wheels [:'(] (but with fuel and batts) jeez I need to find weight reduction if thats what peoples running weights are
Old 04-27-2006, 06:37 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: m0rris

Wow i like the engine ver nice accept its a gas hog. You shoulda got the 21-5. I am liking the kyosho. Icannot wait till i get mine. I will order it in the next 4 weeks or so.
I run the Jim Hottinger modified version of this engine and I would not say it's a gas hog but it has way more power than needed and I'm all the way up to 16 tooth bell tryin to tame it down. This engine will cause you to have to thicken your center diff fluid to keep the front tires from ballooning off the rims and then it becomes a wheely monster. I just ordered an RB C6 BB...and the HotMod 528XR is for sale and it only has 12 tanks through it. I run the CRT and it is a bigger longer truck and it is heavier but I get 7 to 7.5 minutes from a tank runnin a little rich. I also run seriously strapped tires and this engine blew the strapping apart inside the tires after 3 five minute qual. and a 10 min main. Maybe the ST-R can harness the power better or maybe the non-modded engine is more tame but good luck!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:07 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

wow that thing weighs as much as mine without wheels [:'(] (but with fuel and batts) jeez I need to find weight reduction if thats what peoples running weights are
with the amount of power some of these engines have.. im not too sure if weight reduction is an issue.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:28 PM
acexxxoasis

yeah exactly if someones running one of those kyoshos with a highly powerful engine (you know the type that has high end everything) Im going to have to step my game up hardcore style but i did find out the facts on my engine dynoed by XRC so thats good
Old 04-27-2006, 01:40 PM
noximus

yeah exactly if someones running one of those kyoshos with a highly powerful engine (you know the type that has high end everything) Im going to have to step my game up hardcore style but i did find out the facts on my engine dynoed by XRC so thats good
not necessarily..

a guy here locally has a 528 on his LSP-R, we have identicle kits...he is trying to catch up to me with my P5..and it has nothing to do with the power of each motor..its all set up, i can garuntee you that much.

you can only go so fast on a track..if you can find somebody that can go full throttle on a 528 all around a track without crashing..give kyosho/OFNA a call, im sure they would give him a contract..lol

Old 04-27-2006, 06:48 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: noximus

not necessarily..

a guy here locally has a 528 on his LSP-R, we have identicle kits...he is trying to catch up to me with my P5..and it has nothing to do with the power of each motor..its all set up, i can garuntee you that much.

you can only go so fast on a track..if you can find somebody that can go full throttle on a 528 all around a track without crashing..give kyosho/OFNA a call, im sure they would give him a contract..lol

I agree Nox, I get better lap times with my WS7 X3 in the CRT than I get with the 528 but I had to give it try, being a horse power junkie. But on that note, if I can get this truck settled down with this Hot Modded engine, the only person whom can beat me on big track, is myself and that could be fun. On smaller tracks I run, this engine is useless.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: noximus

not necessarily..

I agree Nox, I get better lap times with my WS7 X3 in the CRT than I get with the 528 but I had to give it try, being a horse power junkie. But on that note, if I can get this truck settled down with this Hot Modded engine, the only person whom can beat me on big track, is myself and that could be fun. On smaller tracks I run, this engine is useless.

LOL i dont know dude...i have witnessed the beast that the 528 can display...i already suggested to the guy to change the clutchbell to a 14t or a 15t..he thinks he can tame it with a 13t clutchbell...i am like WHOA..lol but you are right..i can see if you tame the beast..who will be faster??

im still trying to get my skills on par with the P5..if you can control that hot modded engine and run good lap times..you got props hands down[sm=thumbup.gif] thats where i want to be at..i understand it takes time...but man i want to do so much in one day...LOL [:@]
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: james_t
I have dealt with Ultimate Hobbies before and like m0rris said, they never ship anything. What good are lower than wholesale prices if it never ships?

James T
Well I have dealt with Ultimate Hobbies and know the owner personally. I've also never had any problems.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:21 PM
wide_open247

I don't like having a super high output engine, you start going to fast and getting into trouble, i like to have to work a little with the engine but still have a little left to go that little but faster
Old 04-28-2006, 07:23 PM
acexxxoasis

im only using a mach 427 which is a hair under .28 in a truck that weighs about 12 pounds with my old tire package sooo if his is 8 3/4 pounds with tires that car WILL beat mine unless he crashes or sucks at driving
Old 04-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Tim_Racer

i ran the ST-R with a hot modded 528 , after one weekend of racing i am taking it out. It is just too much engine for the more technical tracks. That engine is a frickin beast.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:46 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Tim_Racer

i ran the ST-R with a hot modded 528 , after one weekend of racing i am taking it out. It is just too much engine for the more technical tracks. That engine is a frickin beast.
Yeah...until u drive one, you just cant get the idea of how powerful and fast that engine is. I need to upgrade the sd ram in my brain to stay ahead of that engine and it gets on the pipe about two feet out.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:15 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: Tim_Racer

you arent the only one, allot of people i know say the same, and they have skills...

there are plenty of .21's out there that produce some insane power but seem to be more settle, and provide more fuel milage..

again, give or take a pound from these kits..it really doesnt matter, the engines we have out on the market produce way more than enough power to tow any kit around the track. my LSP weighed right around 9 pounds on a spring scale (forgot the exact weight) and i still cant max out my P5's performance..if i want more punch i could easily change over to a 13t clutchbell..

in fact the said individual with his LSP-R and 528..his kit weighs less than my kit, simply because i upgraded allot of parts to aluminum for durability..hes a decent driver..and you couldnt tell by looking at who is who on the track between me and him, in fact he thinks i am faster..which i am sure i am not..i think it had allot more to do with how my kit was dialed in..lol so i may have shorter lap times..but if me and him dragged down the strip..he will win for sure..but we arent drag racing.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Flying Rubbernutz

FINISHED MY BUILD...LOOKS AWESOME. I INSTALLED AN OFNA PICCO P-28....ALL I CAN SAY IS OMG!!!!!!! OFF THE HOOK!!!!. I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO HIT THE TRACK YET (RAIN RAIN RAIN) BUT PUT IT TO THE TEST ON MY FRIENDS PROPERTY AND AM MORE THAN EXCITED ABOUT IT. HITEC 5997TG FOR THE STEERING..WOO-HOO. STILL PLANNING THE PAINT SCHEME..WILL POST PICS WHEN DONE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL WITH THIS GREAT ADDITION TO KYOSHOS LINE.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:20 AM
m0rris

I am ordering my kyosho in 10 days. I am really excited. Anyone have any tips on the build?? Like parts i should dremel or anything to make it better or easier.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
ringneck

allright str dudes!!!! i just posted a thread like this over on truggy racers and im gonna do it here to who here really hates the stock body?! i know i do and if you do to then you need to email j concepts and tell them to make a body for us. i know the proline 2.0 is almost here but some people dont like it either so do me and alot of other str dudes a huge faver and email them
www.jconcepts.net DO IT DO IT!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Flying Rubbernutz

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

allright str dudes!!!! i just posted a thread like this over on truggy racers and im gonna do it here to who here really hates the stock body?! i know i do and if you do to then you need to email j concepts and tell them to make a body for us. i know the proline 2.0 is almost here but some people dont like it either so do me and alot of other str dudes a huge faver and email them
www.jconcepts.net DO IT DO IT!!!!

I agree..painted my first body...paint is great....can't seem to make the body look good. We need something on the line of 777 sp2...now thats a nice bod
Old 05-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Haulin bass

Ive seen allot of nice looking stock bodies, remeber a body is only as ugly as the paint on it.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
jimk2

Im expecting my ST-R tomorrow and I have the 528X 3 port to go in. Anyone know the difference performance wise from the 3 to 8 port?
Old 05-20-2006, 08:11 PM
haghverdi

finally got my st-r, i bought the new mario rossi .21 engine for it. I have hitech hi torque servos and everything is controlled by my m11 with spektrum dsm pro. SICK SETUP! i bought the truck off ebay, already built by a pro. Im gonna install my engine soon (havent recieved it in the mail yet.) but once i do i promise pics of the ride. the body and paint i like alot. cant wait to post pics for ya'll peace
Old 05-22-2006, 08:34 AM
stavman11

Just dropped my Wasp .26 in mine and it is sweet, haveing a few screw falling out issues, mainly my building I think, had 2 wheel hub screws fall out Saurday raceday at my track... Thing has great potential as soon as driver/builder dials it in

Love it
Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 PM
wide_open247

ORIGINAL: m0rris

I am ordering my kyosho in 10 days. I am really excited. Anyone have any tips on the build?? Like parts i should dremel or anything to make it better or easier.
If your diffs feel way to tight try putting two gaskets in them for the break in. The rear arms are not ground down like the fronts for the driveshaft cuppler, you might wanna dremel that out a bit. Pick up Tony's screw kit for the ST-R, makes things a lot easier in the long run.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:35 AM
haghverdi

here are a few pics of mine, which include the .21 NINJA engine, vantage pipe, and i also have a m11 with dsm pro. i took the carb off when i took these pics...tell me what u think!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29294.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	469319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36012.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	469320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58836.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	469321  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.