Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

front tire ballooning

Old 04-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front tire ballooning

hey guys. i've made my hyper 7 into a truggy and put the os 30 engine in it.. it works great. very powerful. but now, my front tires are ballooning. any way that i could get that power to the ground? sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldnt' find anything about it using the search. thanks for the help
Old 04-15-2006, 04:31 PM

Default RE: front tire ballooning

You wont stop the tyres from balloning at high speed. But if you are comming off a corner and the nearside tyre is balloning thier is a special diff you can put in the hyper called a torsion diff what it does is evenly distribute the power rather than a conventional diff sending the power by the way of least resistance.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:16 PM

putting a at least 30wt in the center diff will calm the front wheels down a bit. Torsions are good but are expensive and require more maintenance.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:14 PM

also try firm tire inserts and strapping youre tires.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. the os 30 engine just launches my buggy hope the drive train can keep up with the engine.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:52 AM

i had the same problem. wrap your inserts wth duct tape remember keep the insert the same
size or there will be gaps and flat spots
Old 04-18-2006, 08:02 AM

i had the same problem. wrap your inserts wth duct tape remember keep the insert the same
size or there will be gaps and flat spots
quote....is the best job You can do.

remember: torsion diffs, are not used to avoid ballooooooooning........ they are used to go fast in some situations...... and they are not good for all kinda of tracks!!!!!

putting a at least 30wt in the center diff
are You sure....30w.....? put a suspension oil into a diff.......may be You meant 30K?

Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 AM

Yeah, you need center diff fluid that's 20,000 to 30,000 wt. I would also use 7000 to 10,000 in the front diff. I don't know if I would have chosen the Hyper 7 as a truck candidate, but as long as you're doing it, you're going to need much heavier diff fluid. Don't tape the tires; it doesn't address the issue of too much diff action.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: DownStroke

Yeah, you need center diff fluid that's 20,000 to 30,000 wt. I would also use 7000 to 10,000 in the front diff. I don't know if I would have chosen the Hyper 7 as a truck candidate, but as long as you're doing it, you're going to need much heavier diff fluid. Don't tape the tires; it doesn't address the issue of too much diff action.
You can still strap your tires with good results but yes you still have to stiffen your center diff fluid to 30,000 wt. If you strap your tires, use 2 inch wide strapping tape not duct tape, it is too heavy and will break down quickly. I have the same home made truggy set up and it can be made to handle well.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:40 PM

thanks guys for the advice.. i'll grab some diff fluid this weekend and give that a shot