Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Hellfire and nos And some more >

Hellfire and nos And some more

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hellfire and nos And some more

Old 04-15-2006, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellfire and nos And some more

Hi guys i just got a hellfire rtr... its good.. and hard to find in where i live. i got a hitec agressor crx with it. and hpi racing turbo exhaust pipe with it... my LHS has NOS Kit made by gs racing he says it differs 25 percent ill get 2 bottles (Theyre little blue thingies) and is there any better engine for my hellfire? or is this engine good? sorry for my grammar and by the way .. i will also get k &n air filter and roto start and is a 14 tooth clutch better or worse than a 16 or 15 tooth? higher the better? last question is does hellfire have 2 gears.. ty for help pls add me on my msn [email protected] ill post videos of me jumping and 2 wheeling.. pls answer
Old 04-15-2006, 10:32 PM

Default RE: Hellfire and nos And some more

nos is worthless its just for show like superchargers are. those are things meant for 1:1 scale fourstroke engines not our tiny 2 stroke engines
Old 04-16-2006, 01:43 AM

As said, NOS doesn't work on RC engines, one of the magazines tested it late last year.

is there any better engine for my hellfire?
This has been talked about at some length, the stock engine is good after about a gallon it wakes up and 'depending on what you're doing' is as good as anything else.

i will also get k &n air filter
Save your money. The K&N doesn't off the same engine protection as the 2 stage filter systems. It does look cool but that's about it.

is a 14 tooth clutch better or worse than a 16 or 15 tooth?
Depending on what you're doing and what kind of performance your after, the higher the tooth count, the more top end you'll get at the sacrifice of low end grunt. Most .28 engines can pull up to a 16t on most tracks without a problem and still have decent pull out of tight corners.

does hellfire have 2 gears
Single speed
Old 04-16-2006, 03:37 PM

Hey and btw.... and i got a Hitec Agressor CRX here... is it good? and should i change the servos? and brakes. and does normal Savage. bodies fit hellfire and pls Dnell add me on msn messenger ohh and one last thing.. is the engine in it as good as it gets? should i put a 30. engine in it or maybe 32. and even though i do it will it be a noticeable difference? i mean is the engine good enough?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:57 PM

is the engine in it as good as it gets?
It's not as good as it gets but it's by no means to be discounted. There are a couple of schools of thought here.

If you're just going to play around and enjoy the truck, there are engines that are very good at that and don't hurt the wallet so much, then if you're gonna race there really isn't many substitute for the racing .21's and the Novarossi and RB .28's.

I've seen a out of the box hellfire hanging with a couple of .21's P5 and VSpec to be exact and as always, you can go with the 'all singing and dance' supposed badest on the block but there's no getting away from good driving.