Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

NOVA clutch for jammin

Old 04-23-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOVA clutch for jammin

I have nearly on gallong through my jammin RTR .I picked up a set of bearings for the clutch and will be getting a nova 3 shoe clutch for it . Would the stock clutch be ready for a change at this time ??... thanks
Old 04-23-2006, 12:21 PM

Default RE: NOVA clutch for jammin

Should read one gallon .sorry
Old 04-23-2006, 03:25 PM

I would think so. Be sure that you have a hardened clutch bell as if you dont the Nova shoes will wear away the clutch bell. Also make sure you put all the weights supplied in the shoes so you get a good bite.
I have to say im not a fan of alloy clutch shoes due to all the mess they create with fillings and such. I feel that composite type clutches are much much better such as the Orion V6. I have a good 1 1/2 US gallons thorough mine and it its is tops. Much more tunable than any alloy type clutch.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:19 PM

Ok now more questions .Is the stock clutch bell for an Ofna force .28 a hardened bell ?? if not , do you know who have one? I would add a tooth or two while inm at it for more topend.isnt the stock 3 shoe similar to the nova clutch materal ? thanks
Old 04-26-2006, 02:04 PM

Sorry for the late reply.

I would very much doubt the stock clutch bell is hardened. A good way of telling if a bell is hardend or not is the colour hardend one's will normaly be raw black in colour.
The stock clutch is ally but not the harder aircraft grade that the Nova shoes are made of.
I have got most of my hardend bells from Racers edge.
As to the gearing I have found that 13 on the bell is a good compremise between good top end and acceleration. I would not be tempted to go anymore than 15 teeth as you will only burn the clutch out quicker.