Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

hellfire opinions?

Old 05-04-2006, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hellfire opinions?

ok, im really considering this truggy. i wanted to hear about your guys personal opinions about the hellfire. i tried looking through the official thread but it was taking for ever to find what i needed so i hope you guys dont mind me making this thread. also to get the hellfire i would have to sell my t-maxx, do you guys think it would be worth it, or not? this hellfire looks bad ***** if you ask me, and im really liking it.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:01 PM

Default RE: hellfire opinions?

ORIGINAL: t-maxx123

ok, im really considering this truggy. i wanted to hear about your guys personal opinions about the hellfire. i tried looking through the official thread but it was taking for ever to find what i needed so i hope you guys dont mind me making this thread. also to get the hellfire i would have to sell my t-maxx, do you guys think it would be worth it, or not? this hellfire looks bad ***** if you ask me, and im really liking it.

It really depends on what you intend on doing with it. There is alot heppening for this truggy that is pure performance.

You cant go wrong with it at all. Of course now is a good time to get one because alot of racers here can get you going on fixing the issues from the get go.

With the optional performance parts i.e BCE HF PRO KIT. You are able to release the hidden performance it has.
The hellfire is starting stir up things in the RC world as more race concentrated parts are comming out.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I am interested in a Hellfire but never buy anything right after they come out. I wait till the bugs are worked out of them and most times the prices come down a little when the mad rush is over. I will be keeping and eye on them that is for sure. I have 4 HPI vehicles and have been very please with them.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
46u

All so I do not do RTR and I am waiting for the kit to come out.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:07 AM

IT DEPENDS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE TRUCK FOR,IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE IT,BUY THE HELLFIRE SS SO YOU CAN PICK THE MOTOR IT ALSO COMES WITH THE WING AND DECENT TIRES YOU CAN ALSO USE GOOD SERVOS.I HAVE A HELLFIRE AND I'VE HAD TO REPLACE THE STEERING SERVO,STOCK IS WEAK!!!!! STOCK TIRES DON'T WORK ON THE TRACK,I'VE ALSO BROKE BOTH FRONT AND REAR ARMS BUT THE NEW ONES ARE MUCH STRONGER SO I THINK HPI UPGRADED THEM.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:59 PM
My Feedback: (17)

I had one. The operative word "had'.

I found it to be very "finicky" about set-up. Several buddies and myself tried to get it set-up for our driving styles and just couldn't get it to handle the way we'd like. I'm not talking noobs either. My one buddy is one of the local hot-shots and sponsored.

We even tried using pro set-up sheets. And none was really good.

The issue is that it took alot more concentration or focus to get the Hellfire around the track. The LSP-R and the Kyosho required less. It was easier to go fast with the ST-R and LSP-R. It was also easier to find a set-up that worked well. Changes to the geometry were easily noticeable when driving.

For the price of the Hellfire, I'd go with the Kyosho ST-R or if money is a consideration, the HB LSP-R....
Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 AM

I Love it. Ive seen many people take the good RTR out of the box and screw it up royally moving everything around and changing diff and shock fluid before they even try it out. No, it is a "Good" running car with bukku options to make it better, but you have to be careful. Also depending on which "Employee" put your RTR car together, different things fall out on your first visit to the track. If you lose a Dogbone pin well then you were hosed. If it was a pin or screw you could find then you just suffered the main test and will probably do well the next run. My personal RTR issue was none or too little threadlock on one dogbone setscrew, a stripped screw and a broken screw on the engine both of which were easy to take out.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:43 PM

note taken, tl the dog bones
Old 11-19-2006, 02:32 PM

help please!!, im stuck between the hellfire and the t-maxx 3.3, i can get an old shop display hellfire for £295 or the t-maxx 3.3 for £299, im going to bash not race, which is the best and which is the fastest
Old 11-19-2006, 02:34 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: kemp2906

help please!!, im stuck between the hellfire and the t-maxx 3.3, i can get an old shop display hellfire for £295 or the t-maxx 3.3 for £299, im going to bash not race, which is the best and which is the fastest
I will take HPI over Traxxas any day of the week!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:54 PM

my dad wants to know what speed it is and can it handle big jumps because of its low center of gravity
Old 11-21-2006, 02:39 PM

The Hellfire is a great truck even rtr. I have one and it takes a licking and keeps on tickin just as well if not better then both of my savages. The first time I took it to the track I had no practice before the races so it was kinda hard to pull off even at that I placed a second and just got faster and faster with it as the day went on. When I was tunning the motor it had a run away and it hit a wall hard and walked away. So I must say they did there homework. After all what they really did was took the specs from the lsp and revamped it.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 PM

I love my hellfire. The stock engine is strong with alot of low end torque. If you need more top end just switch out the 13t clutch bell for a 16t and it will fly. As for big air "yes" it flies well. You can add the optional wing from the Kit version for added stability. The 4.6 HO engine reuses the engine block from the previous engine, there is a "mod" that can be performed to the block that increases the power even more. This mod requires a dremel and some guts as you have to dremel the block a little bit to keep it from restricting airflow. I would also change out the steering servo for something with more torque, I went with the "budget concious" blue bird servo with metal gears and 190 oz of torque for $40. Like someone else mentioned earlier check your screws apply threadlock.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:08 PM

What is this kit?
ORIGINAL: wmff82

With the optional performance parts i.e BCE HF PRO KIT. You are able to release the hidden performance it has.
The hellfire is starting stir up things in the RC world as more race concentrated parts are comming out.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:22 AM

hellfire ss www.hpiracing.com
Old 11-24-2006, 05:32 AM

Those considering the SS kit should keep in mind the build time needed and your assembly skill level. Most people are taking close to 40 hours to complete the assembly. Building a kit is a good way to get to know all the details of the machine, but it isn't a weekend job. BTW, I love my SS.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:10 AM

would the hellfire keep up if not beat a mugen mbx5t on the track in performance
Old 11-27-2006, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: damon jato

would the hellfire keep up if not beat a mugen mbx5t on the track in performance
The driver wins the races, the truck just helps.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:13 AM

well if some one was to drive a mugen on the track and then gets a hellfire and drives that aswell would the lap times be fairly close or its to hard of a question cheers.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:57 PM

well it depends on how each car is set up but yes it will hang with or bet it really depends on the driver and the set up. The Key is really getting a good steering servo this is a big help..
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 AM

oh ok cool so nobody has any probs with parts breaking easily on it
Old 11-29-2006, 05:37 PM

oh not at all I have raced mine for a few weeks and the only thing I have really had to do was change my servo but that is with just about every rtr and lock tight a few boltsi have hit the wall with it had it cartwheel down the track a number of times and just keep on going..
Old 12-02-2006, 10:41 PM

Is the Hellfire really all that good? I mean it looks legit but can it really hang with the big boys? Ive heard stories about people having trouble with it. Should I consider the hellfire over a Thunder Tiger ST-1? No matter what Truggy I get, I'll be doing tons of mods on it cause thats what I like to do, will the hellfire stand up to the competition better once I pretty much gut it and put new parts on: engine, pipe, servos, etc?

Oh man, I'm gonna waste all my money [:@], cant resist.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:56 AM

it does stand up very well all the other guys I race with run the crt the muggen or the lsp and we all battle it out. It is such a nice truck everyone who trys it or see's me driving say that thing looks so good out there. And it feels the same. The last race when I went to start my truck I pulled the cord to hard and broke it after I found a starter box and got it running I was over five laps down and I still came back to pull off some good times and take a third. And was only about 4 laps down from the first place guy..
Old 12-04-2006, 03:28 AM

READ-READ-READ!!!!! the only reason people down grade this truggy is because HPI doesnt have a team that can boost wins for it much like jammin,kyosho,mugen. I live in germany because im in the army everyone hear has a crt,mugen, and now alot of them are also getting the SS kit i bought the RTR kit from day one since then have made it into an ss kit and then some. added light wieght chassis, all speedtech stuff all the ss kit upgrdes and alot more. This truggy has been nothing short of spectacular and the only real issue it ever had was the weak a-armns that HPI has already addressed and with thier awsome customer service they sent everyne who called a fee full set of the new ones. Diffs have also posed a little leak problem but after switching to lsp diffs W/ kyosho #6 o-rings whalla problem solved. the most amazing thing about this truggy is the turning ability its crazy its like barry sanders was to football.dont listen to people who just bag this truggy because if you dont get one YOUR WRONG JUST WRONG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.