Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 RB 28 and H/B Lightning truck >

RB 28 and H/B Lightning truck

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RB 28 and H/B Lightning truck

Old 05-07-2006, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB 28 and H/B Lightning truck

Hi all

Has anyone out there put an RB 28 into a lightning truck yet?If so have you had any probs?

I have just done it and yep its 1 hell of a motor i just need to tighten the centre diff to get some more drive to the rear wheels.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:17 PM

Default RE: RB 28 and H/B Lightning truck

put 20-30k oil in the center diff to help get the power down. 20F 30C 7R is a good set-up to try.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:53 AM
My Feedback: (13)

is 50k in the center diff too much?what are the possible effects if u put 50k on center diff?is it gonna be less accelaration?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:27 PM

It depends on what you're after. 50k will give you a more 4 wheel drive effect, very little power will be wasted between the 2 axles, especially effective in gettting the power down out of corners.. It's worth trying to see what you think. I like experimenting and once you get the hang of changing oils, it's can be down quite quickly. I think a lot of people shy away from swapping and changing cause it can be seen as a bit of a hassle.

I've settled at 30k and it works for my driving style. You need to play around to find what works for you.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:15 PM

50k is to thick. the truck will probably pull hard out of the corners but getting into the sharp turns will be a pain. also the truck might do willies. there was this one guy at my track that had 45k oil in his center diff. and in the straight away he couldn't keep the front end down but then he also had a very torque engine. i'm using 30k in my LSP and it works fine.