Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New Truggy - Tazer PRT - Team BASH Brothers

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Truggy - Tazer PRT - Team BASH Brothers

Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Tazer_version_A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truggy - Tazer PRT - Team BASH Brothers

A thread to discuss a new Truggy running around So Cal ... custom one off and hand built for Racing or .. theres a BASH version too :-)

Here's some pics of the unit we built for Team Bash Brothers - www.bashbrothers.com - for the KZ Gas Champs 2 weeks ago.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Tazer_version_A

Default RE: New Truggy - Tazer PRT - Team BASH Brothers

Here's one that went to NYC :-)

Old 05-11-2006, 01:55 PM
badxlt

tehy look cool. how much and do they have a website.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:36 PM
mosavage

WOW, what a lively thread,lol. Ive never seen that tryuggy yet, i go to many tracks in so cal. have u guys been down to ARC racing in murrieta. its an awesoem track.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Okay, Looks very interesting to me!

What's it cost for a the racer version? Where do I get in line
Old 05-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Tazer_version_A

Parts - 90+% of the parts are readily available OFNA parts from various vehicles - combined with a few Mugen bits.

We will have several parts packages as well as straight up replacement parts online on both Ebay and The Bash Brothers Store within the next week. They will be our exclusive outlet other than our own site.

These trucks are all hand built custom to order, and sent out race prepped - just add your radio gear and engine. If you wanted - we'd pick up your gear and engine and set that up too ... send it out ready to break in ...

Our Titanium Chassis PRT trucks start at $650 and go up from there depending on : Shocks, Brake System, Lexan, Wheels / Tires, Wheel Hex sizes [17mm or 23 mm], Screw Kits, CNC or Graphite towers, Titanium Kits and Hunge Pins etc ....

References available upon request ....
Old 05-11-2006, 07:07 PM
tryths1

I knew I seen some 9.5 pro parts on there. Truck really does look good.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
badxlt

ok i need to know your web site? and what do you get for 650 im looking for a new truck my CRT was stolen and this maybe and option.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Tazer_version_A

OMG - stolen - thats HORRID!

We're setting up the site ... but we're all over the place on the web ....

http://www.ofna.com/forum/index.php

Find me there ....

or over on www.thebashbrothers.com

You get a pretty dialed in titanium chassis'd truggy ROLLER - pretty ready to race ... just no CNC or Graphite towers or top plates - looks like this one minus those hop ups ...

Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 PM
badxlt

yeah it was stolen TWO weeks ago now, and i am getting a small amount back from insurance but it looks so cool. is there a waiting list or what. and how long would it take to get one. thanks for info. .
Matt
Old 05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
badxlt

o yeah my dads got stolen to so we are both shoping. whats the one in the pic cost
Old 05-11-2006, 09:05 PM
chickenfarmer3

definitley, wish i seen this before dumping $$$$$$$$$ into my hellfire.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:28 PM
badxlt

i wish i had enough money to get on to.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:05 PM
thebashbros

You may see our website advertisement on the top of this page but it is not linking to our site. We are working on it with RCuniverse to fix this. You can find additonal info at www.thebashbrothers.com
Old 05-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Tazer_version_A

The one pictured sold for approx. $650 shipped to New York. I took the wheels off if, put the lexan in the same box, stuffed the tire in there and shipped it right after these pictures were taken. However; thats a 7075 CNC milled chassis vs Titanium which would be $50 more to the cost for the Ti chassis.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:55 PM
badxlt

only 50 cool. i wish i had some stuff to put in it but i can aford it dang. if i had the stuff from my CRT i would be gold but i dont. well sweat truck. man it would be to cool to have a truck like that. its way diffrent and super cool.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:59 PM
badxlt

so do you guys make the arms and suff. man they look strong.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:14 PM
noximus

whats the difference between this kit and a jammin CRT with a BCE chassis? and im not trying to be a jerk..just an honest question here..since you did state a huge percentage of parts are OFNA...
Old 05-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Haulin bass

Theres is a huge diffrence between this and a CRT. Pivot ball suspension, twin titan arms,smaller spur gear(The biggest and best change possible IMO), look how thick the uni/cvd is. defantaly no crt.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:24 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

Theres is a huge diffrence between this and a CRT. Pivot ball suspension, twin titan arms,smaller spur gear(The biggest and best change possible IMO), look how thick the uni/cvd is. defantaly no crt.
ahhh ok..that looks pretty cool..

what are the benefits of having a pivot ball suspension set up? has there been any issues with the CRT stock suspension set up? or is it just a smoother reaction?

650 may seem a little steep BUT it looks like its justifiable considering its upgrades..when you sell these kits, is there a list of part numbers for the kit included? what type of support is provided or is there any? are parts for this kit comparable in prices to the other bigger sized car/truggy manufacturers? i am assuming i will have to rely on OFNA parts mostly? now for the 650 package, does that come with the 7075 chassis? or a BCE chassis?

sorry for all the questions..but the kit looks nice, so im kinda interested...but i have to admit..its product support that tends to be on my priority list on choosing a kit..like for instance if a part doesnt work or break...what happens? we are almost half way to christmas time frame..gatta start writing the list for wifey here...LOL
Old 05-14-2006, 02:25 PM
chickenfarmer3

no steeper than a jammin kit but wayyy beter looking and the adjustability of the piviot ball system is sweet, think my lsp and hellfire are for sale..
Old 05-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Tazer_version_A

Whats different??? Good .. but LOADED question :-)

When you buy a CRT Pro Kit roller ... do you get to select 23mm wheels with it? Do you get to select Panther BOA's or ProLine Bowtie MT's ... Get a choice of Mugen MSR, Proline CP 2.0 or XYZ's Lexan Body? What if you want 23mm Maxx Sized 1/2 OFFSET wheels with your Jammin CRT? You buy them extra. What if you want a custom throttle brake linkage? What if you prefer to run Hyper 7 Captured Ball ends on your steering tie rods? Or what if you want a Pro Line Wing. What about a KingHeadz Engine Mount system vs. the Hong Nor Jammin MonoMount - or even a DACE Mount in BLUE? I think you see where this is going ...

Its not so much a straight up Dollar for Dollar comparison - because - IMHO the Jammin CRT is the most LOADED Hop Up laden pro kit on the market today. You can do that when your buying 1,000 of units overseas and doing huge production runs. Our truck isnt typically for those that are getting their FIRST truck, ours usually appeals to those folks who've had a Jammin already, and are ... looking for somethign different. Tired of going to track after track - event after event and seeing a SEA of Jammins everywhere. Its for people who want to run something different, to be unique. Unique you will be with our truck.

Design differences .. look cloesly at the chassis layout - look at what everyone is proclaiming great about the Kyosho truggy. Static mass/weight moved towards the center of the vehicle. Static weight and mass lowered to the chassis. Mugen truggy, Jammin truggy has a large 60+ tooth spur, due to the gearing in the small - buggy like front and rear differentials. Hot Bodies and Kyosho kept their small frt/rear diffs by going to helical cut gears in the diffs in order to keep the larger tooth counts, and match it with the right small pinions.

A Large or 60+ tooth spur means ....

must widen the chassis layout - else the spur hits the radio tray and t/b servo
Center diff must be elevated up off the chassis - else spur hits dirt and protrudes too far thru chassi bottom
Center Driveline - and rotating mass must now be elevated to mate the elevated spur
Throttle Brake servo, must now be elevated to function proper with the brake cams
Larger Spur is more rotating weight/mass
Center Driveline is also again - elevated rotating mass

BCE doesnt make our chassis - though - honestly - Id love for him to make a limited edition run for us. Im a fan of his work, its artistry at times. His chassis are 7075 North AMerican aluminum. Ours are 7075 too, and still in prototype phase - on the alum version. Our titanium chassis are rather unique, and highly durable, and in our opinionTHE BEST option for our chassis.

Relying on OFNA for parts - is the same thing you do for any Jammin vehicle or OFNA vehicle. We will have replacement parts readily available soon. I took over 100 pics this weekend designed to address jus this issue, and a comprehensive replacement parts list is in the making .. as well as Blazer SST, OFNA 9.5 Buggy, and the New Mutilator ...CONVERSION... kits.

Keeps your eyes peeled in the usualy places noximus [truggyracers.com / ofna forums .. here and WWW>THEBASHBROTHERS.COM]
Old 05-15-2006, 01:36 PM
noximus

Relying on OFNA for parts - is the same thing you do for any Jammin vehicle or OFNA vehicle. We will have replacement parts readily available soon. I took over 100 pics this weekend designed to address jus this issue, and a comprehensive replacement parts list is in the making .. as well as Blazer SST, OFNA 9.5 Buggy, and the New Mutilator ...CONVERSION... kits.
thats what i was worried about..out here OFNA parts arent so common as HB parts..also OFNA parts tend to be a little pricey, considering i dont have a CRT..i have an LSP..

i understand the kit isnt for the average newb..but i still like product support..like for instance, if the front CVD's tend to bend without effort in normal racing conditions..how will you guys address such issue?

a replacement parts list will be nice..which is cool you guys are on the ball with parts listing...and will you guys be able to provide an illustrated parts break down as well?

also what is the estimated build time? like for instance, i send you 650 dollars, how long can i expect to recieve my kit?

sorry for all the questions...but im sure if you were looking to buy a new kit within the next couple of months..and somebody comes out with some custome kit, you will like to get all the questions out the way..not trying to insult you guys or anything, but this kit/build is not something that has 10 years of backing..and i dont know you guys personally..and to cut the whole story short..i want to be sure who and what am i giving my 650 dollars to..so i hope you dont get offended by my questions.

i forgot to add, is it possible to get 17mm hubs instead of 23mm?

Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Tazer_version_A

17 mm is stock for the vehicle - if you will. 23mm are an OPTION.

Where are you noximus - that OFNA parts are hard to get and pricey?

Questions are fine bro - no worries.

How we do it is .... we ask for a $300 deposit. We obtain any parts that you want on your vehicle that we dont readily stock or have on hand. We send the buyers progress photos. You can see exactly how things are coming along and mention any issues you may or may not have .. heads off issues later on. Security for you, and for us. If more funds are needed over the course of the build, we'll discuss it ... if not. When its done we send a ton of pics from nealy all angles. We chat on the phone or over AIM or email . we all agree its ready to ship ... You send the balance .... we ship Fed Ex or UPS insured and tracked.

Currently we ask for 10 business days from the time you send a deposit to the day we advise its done. So approx 10 days plus shipping time.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:09 PM
badxlt

see now thats cool only 10 days awsome.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.