Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

What size engines are most truggy drivers running?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

What size engines are most truggy drivers running?

Old 05-14-2006, 06:43 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size engines are most truggy drivers running?

.21's or .28's? I'm about to order an engine for my ST-R And I am still torn between a modded P5X and a rossi.28 8-port, (Forgot the big long manufacture name for it, but you probably know what i'm talking about). I'd rather be a little over powered than a little under, but not WAY over powered.. Suggestions anyone? What are most of the pro's running?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:01 PM
danny f norman

Default RE: What size engines are most truggy drivers running?

alot of them are running .21 v-spec's and nova's the .28 you mentioned is supposed to be crazy powerful some of the guys are saying it's TOO powerful if your not a exp. driver
Old 05-14-2006, 07:17 PM
m0rris

i would go with a .21
Old 05-14-2006, 07:17 PM
gtr

What about OS30VG ? Is that faster than OS21 vspec put on truggy ?thx
Old 05-14-2006, 07:32 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: gtr

What about OS30VG ? Is that faster than OS21 vspec put on truggy ?thx
No offense man, but can we please get more than 2 replies to the question asked in my thread before we start getting off topic? thanks...
Old 05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
rbs_rbs

I run a .28 in my truggy, but most of the guys at the track run the OS.21 v-spec, RB C5 and the novarossi P5. Also the .28 runs 5-6 min with a 125 cc tank. So i will put a .21 in soon, just so that i can drive a bit longer without making a pit stop.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:57 PM
PillowPants

Alright. Seems like the RX21P5X HotMod is the way to go then! Thanks guys.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:22 AM
noximus

i use my P5 (.21) for my truggy...

i think a regular P5 will be just fine for any situation..as you can easily change out your clutchbell/pipes depending on your track...
Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
PillowPants

lol, why would I want to buy the old model when I can get the P5X HotMod for about $330?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:43 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

lol, why would I want to buy the old model when I can get the P5X HotMod for about $330?
because the regular P5 only costs 230 bucks..which would save you 100 dollars...you can buy allot with 100 dollars..

i have raced against guys using 528's, V-specs, C5, C6, RB .28's and a modded P5X..the list goes on..

i had a choice to get a hot mod P5X..i declined..instead i got my motor with a brand new set of crimefighter tires, set of rims, 3 sets of glow plugs, and some extra parts ofr my kit..

the straight is umm...10% of the race...which im sure you already know that.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:25 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: noximus

because the regular P5 only costs 230 bucks..which would save you 100 dollars...you can buy allot with 100 dollars..

i have raced against guys using 528's, V-specs, C5, C6, RB .28's and a modded P5X..the list goes on..

i had a choice to get a hot mod P5X..i declined..instead i got my motor with a brand new set of crimefighter tires, set of rims, 3 sets of glow plugs, and some extra parts ofr my kit..

the straight is umm...10% of the race...which im sure you already know that.
I know, I know, you are sticking the engine you have and think it's the best, but I have more than enough money for all my expedatures, and I'm going with the P5X. Thanks anyways man.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:23 PM
noximus

I know, I know, you are sticking the engine you have and think it's the best, but I have more than enough money for all my expedatures, and I'm going with the P5X. Thanks anyways man.
then dont ask...lol

and i dont think its the best...you said you wanted the modded P5X and i was just saying the stock P5X will do you just fine. i could care less if you get my engine or not..LMAO

and if money isnt a thang..then why dont you just buy both motors and find out for yourself?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:30 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

He's got a point, money bags [X(]
ORIGINAL: noximus

then dont ask...lol

and i dont think its the best...you said you wanted the modded P5X and i was just saying the stock P5X will do you just fine. i could care less if you get my engine or not..LMAO

and if money isnt a thang..then why dont you just buy both motors and find out for yourself?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:33 PM
PillowPants

...What I meant by that was that I sat a budget for myself.. And I mapped out X amounts of cash for certain necessities.. ie; engine, radio, etc.. and this thread was actually dying.. ( HINT: Before your initial post I said "Alright. Seems like the RX21P5X HotMod is the way to go then! Thanks guys" ). Therefore, I was done with this thread, and had 3 replies that suggested I go with a .21.. And in my FIRST post I mentioned how it was a toss up between the RX21P5X HotMod and the Rossi .28, (NOWHERE did I say I needed suggestions). You felt the need to try and tell me that I was making a bad choice about spending the extra cash for the new, and modded, model of the P5.. (ie; when you said: "i had a choice to get a hot mod P5X..i declined..instead i got my motor with a brand new set of crimefighter tires, set of rims, 3 sets of glow plugs, and some extra parts ofr my kit.. the straight is umm...10% of the race...which im sure you already know that". I had made up my mind, then you started suggesting I get the P5, therefore making yourself look like you were trying to sell me on it.. So, call me "money bags" all you want.. If a guy who want's the best, and has enough to pay for the best is considered "money bags", then yeah, just call me Mr.Moneybags!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
noximus

...What I meant by that was that I sat a budget for myself.. And I mapped out X amounts of cash for certain necessities.. ie; engine, radio, etc.. and this thread was actually dying.. ( HINT: Before your initial post I said "Alright. Seems like the RX21P5X HotMod is the way to go then! Thanks guys" ). Therefore, I was done with this thread, and had 3 replies that suggested I go with a .21.. And in my FIRST post I mentioned how it was a toss up between the RX21P5X HotMod and the Rossi .28, (NOWHERE did I say I needed suggestions). You felt the need to try and tell me that I was making a bad choice about spending the extra cash for the new, and modded, model of the P5.. (ie; when you said: "i had a choice to get a hot mod P5X..i declined..instead i got my motor with a brand new set of crimefighter tires, set of rims, 3 sets of glow plugs, and some extra parts ofr my kit.. the straight is umm...10% of the race...which im sure you already know that". I had made up my mind, then you started suggesting I get the P5, therefore making yourself look like you were trying to sell me on it.. So, call me "money bags" all you want.. If a guy who want's the best, and has enough to pay for the best is considered "money bags", then yeah, just call me Mr.Moneybags!
before you get all worked up..i never said you are making a bad choice..its called a suggestion..and i just simply explained how i was in the same situation..if you didnt want my opinion..then dont go on some message board asking for opinions...lol

i wasnt trying to sell you on anything...i could care less if you brought some GS motor off of some crack head on the street corner..
on another note..the REX P5X motor is the same motor as your hot mod P5X, but its NOT modded..so in theory..i was just trying to tell you that very SAME motor performs great stock without any mods..so how is that exactly trying to steer you away from any decisions you have made? besides to save you some funds...lol

you said money isnt an issue, and now you got a budget..dont shoot the messenger for throwing info out there as a mere suggestion...LOL may god have mercy on your soul if you decide to save yourself 100 dollars off of a comment on some message board....<being sarcastic here>

turrets anyone?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 PM
PillowPants

I said money was not an option because I didn't know how much a nice truggy engine would cost.. so, i sat aside $400 for one.. but I later learned that the engines are typiclly much cheaper than that. SO, thats why money wasn't a problem, I have more than enough stashed away for one. I dont want to fight with you, and sorry if I came off as an ass.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:06 PM
PillowPants

Do you guys think an MC8 Would be a good choice of glow plug for the unmodded (taking your advice noximus) P5X, In the hot and dry AZ heat?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:26 PM
noximus

Do you guys think an MC8 Would be a good choice of glow plug for the unmodded (taking your advice noximus) P5X, In the hot and dry AZ heat?
i live in southern CA..i use the suggested glow plug with zero issues. where are you buying your motor from? i brought mine from Aaron Walker, he raced with that engine before..he knows exactly what to use and what not to use. i would also look at the Novarossi PLUS 21-5 engine if you had a budget of around 330 dollars. the hot mod you chose and the regular P5X and the plus 21 are all great motors..take your time and see what you like. all i was doing was handing out a suggestion..or tried to open up your options..