Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Mayhem ST RTR stolen in East-Central IL (Champaign/Urbana area)

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Mayhem ST RTR stolen in East-Central IL (Champaign/Urbana area)

Old 05-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Ram008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mayhem ST RTR stolen in East-Central IL (Champaign/Urbana area)

--Moderators, please feel free to move, I wasn't sure where to post this--

I doubt it will show up at a track anywhere, but yesterday between 5:30-5:50PM Central Time my Sportwerks Mayhem ST was stolen out of my pickup truck parked in front of my house in Rantoul, IL. We are in the process of moving into a new house and the ST was in my pickup as part of the stuff being moved. This is my primary race truck, I'm not interested in prosecuting anyone, I'm only interested in getting my truck back. The truck was stolen from the South Pointe Commons neighborhood in Rantoul near the University of Illinois football camp fields and the last individuals/vehicles seen in the area were some people in an older white Cadillac that had been gathering in front of various homes along the street. There are no witnesses to who actually took the truck. Whoever took the truck was in a hurry, as the truck was in the bed, under a toneau cover with the tailgate closed. They took the truck and left the tailgate down but didn't take the body that was laying next to the ST or my Parkzone Stryker that was in the bed with the truck. They did not get the radio, ONLY the truck, so it is rolling chassis.

The truck can be dropped of, no questions asked, during the day at either the South Pointe Commons office in Rantoul or at Furniture World in Rantoul.

The truck may be dropped off in the evening at The RC Shack in Mahomet, IL.

The truck may also be dropped off during the day at Slot & Wing Hobbies in Champaign.

These are the "safe havens", per se, that I have established for the truck where someone can drop the truck off with no questions asked. Whoever took the truck or finds the truck is simply asked to release the truck over to an employee and leave. If anyone has any information, they are encouraged to contact either hobby shop or they may email me. You do not have to provide your name or any personal information, I am not interested in taking anyone to court, I just want my truck back.

Main details of the truck:

-Sportwerks Mayhem ST RTR
-JR Z590 on the steering, JR Z270 on the throttle
-SPEKTRUM 3 channel receiver
-Trinity 1200mah receiver pack built in a XXX-NT config (4 cells on the bottom, 1 on the top). Battery has a noticeable snip where the plug itself has been cut along the side.
-Mugen gray springs on the front
-bumpers from the Mayhem buggy, front & rear
-Proline Bowties on white Proline Maxx Offset Velocity wheels
-NO BODY. For whatever reason, they left the stock body in my pickup truck.
-Truck has the wing mount and white wing from the Mayhem buggy installed on the back
-A considerable amount of paint has been rubbed off the side of the pipe where it rubbed against the inside of the body

Any information may be emailed to me at [email protected] or to [email protected]
Due to the area this truck was stolen from, it is quiet possible that it could either still be in Rantoul or end up in the Champaign/Urbana area, as we are only 20 minutes from Champaign.

Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:26 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Mayhem ST RTR stolen in East-Central IL (Champaign/Urbana area)

That sucks dude. I feel for ya...[&o]
Old 05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
chickenfarmer3

BUMMER!!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
ssj2

Why would someone do that? That really sucks and I wish you luck in receiving your truck back. Don't give up! [>:]
Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Kanza

Good luck in getting it back man. I would rather beat someone with my Savage than let them steal it.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Ram008

We did get some more information from a neighbor in our new neighborhood that someone DID find it in the road near where our new house is and they stopped and picked it up and put it in their pickup. The neighbor guy works at Hobbico so he knew what it was but didn't get to it before the other person did. He said he did talk to the other person who picked it up (but didn't get any of their information DUH!). From what he described to me (the person and their vehicle), I am HOPING that a guy matching that description that I race with (who lives in the area) is the one that picked it up.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:54 PM
mayhem272

i really hate it when people steal especially prized possensions which we all have spent tons of money on just to have some fun
most of us cant spend a ton (me bein 15, this is very true) so u know its not like we can say o its stolen well ill buy another one today
with all the stuff i enjoy there have been many cases of stealing (rc, gopeds, lawn mowing yes lawn mowing how wierd it may sound) i have heard on the net people of pro landscapers having there whole trailer of nice lawn equipment stolend (which can be bout 35k)
man i wish the world could be so normal
Old 05-20-2006, 02:25 PM
PillowPants

Man I'm sorry to hear that. Keep us updated.. I'd like to now the outcome.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Ram008

Well, the guy that I hoped had it doesn't have it but he does live nearby, so he's going to keep an eye out and see if he can get the word out that it's missing. It's just one of those deals, I guess. I have another truggy, I've got a Jammin CRT Pro still in the box that I need to build and some of my best friends hooked me up with another used Mayhem ST that just needs a little bit of work to get it back in running condition. I guess it's just one of them deals, I've spent a lot of time with the truck that is missing, working with it a lot to get it where I wanted it, won the warm-up race with it a couple weeks ago (which ended up being a match race against a Hellfire, but still). Got it to the point where I was getting really happy with the way it was running and just lost a lot of work. I doubt that it comes back if the person who has it got my neighbor's contact information and hasn't made the effort to get it back to me but I still have a little bit of hope that it will come back eventually.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:55 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

I here ya man. I have my MST all setup and the way I like it. I would be devastated if someone stoll it.
ORIGINAL: Ram008

Well, the guy that I hoped had it doesn't have it but he does live nearby, so he's going to keep an eye out and see if he can get the word out that it's missing. It's just one of those deals, I guess. I have another truggy, I've got a Jammin CRT Pro still in the box that I need to build and some of my best friends hooked me up with another used Mayhem ST that just needs a little bit of work to get it back in running condition. I guess it's just one of them deals, I've spent a lot of time with the truck that is missing, working with it a lot to get it where I wanted it, won the warm-up race with it a couple weeks ago (which ended up being a match race against a Hellfire, but still). Got it to the point where I was getting really happy with the way it was running and just lost a lot of work. I doubt that it comes back if the person who has it got my neighbor's contact information and hasn't made the effort to get it back to me but I still have a little bit of hope that it will come back eventually.