Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Mayhem ST Stearing

Old 05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Damin69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mayhem ST Stearing

Need some help on what Upgrades or fine tuning need to be done to get This thing to turn good. Also to keep from stripping out the Servo Cup that goes in the servo arm for the stearing? Stripped out 2 of them today. We are running a JR 650 servo on the front. Even with the EPA as far as it can go on the servo This thing take really wide corners and we have a pretty tight track so this is not good.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:02 AM
fish_62

Default RE: Mayhem ST Stearing

I had the turning problem but not the servo stripping when I first got mine. I have the Spectrum DX2 system and turned out I thought my steering was set at 100%, when it was really 100% of 80%. After I read the manual and found out it could be set as high as 125% and it turned every bit of that, now I have it at 90% of 125. and it turns on a dime. It was very loose so I did some shock tuning to get it to push slightly.Don't know if this will help. Since your stripping servo horns, sounds like your turning farther than the knuckles will allow. You might want to loosen the servo saver a bit. I hit a big rock and tore the lower control arm off which jammed the opposite wheel and servo arm and the saver never moved. Luckly the servo wasn't damaged.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Damin69

Default RE: Mayhem ST Stearing

Thanks for the reply I will take a lot closer look at all the stearing stuff today. I May have the endpoints to far like you say. Also Maybe loosening the servo saver may help also. Thanks, T