Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hong Nor?

Old 05-29-2006, 09:30 AM
chas010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hong Nor?

Hi everyone, quick question for truggy enthusiasts, I recently bought an ofna jammin crt truggy off ebay (seller lived driving distance from me) only when i got there it didnt say ofna on it anywhere. So I got scared thinking it was a cheap knock off of the ofna truck and didnt go through with the purchase. After doing a little reading on here i see that ofna basiclly restickers hong nor cars with there name, my question is is there any other changes? this car had a pull start and i know the us version has the ofna hand starter, i want the hand starter im not a huge fan of pull starts. This truck is new in the box and was selling for what they go for on tower so there was no money saved, so i would be into it for more to get the starter and backplate.I realize im rambling but to be honest with you guys the truck looked kinda cheesy do these things hold up well? thanks jason
Old 05-29-2006, 01:07 PM
canucksrc

Default RE: Hong Nor?

My crt holds up well for a truggy. If your looking to Bash with the truck I wold stay away.

I use it for race only,
P
Old 05-29-2006, 02:07 PM
mini ripper

The CRT is marketed in the Uk under the Hong nor brand name as Ofna is mainly a US brand. Check out the UK web site for Hong Nor [link=http://www.s-m-d.co.uk]Spire Models Uk Hong Nor importer[/link].
As to bashing the truck it is more than capable of mixing it with the best MT's.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Tazer_version_A

I wouldnt BASH a RTR version of the Jammin / Hong Nor X1 CRT - and they are pretty much the same except for a few accessories and goodies - aka roto starter, glow ignitor .. pipe / no pipe etc....

Hong Nor is the Tawaineese mfg'r of the Jammin X1CR Buggy, the Jammin X1-CRT truggy, the OFNA 9.5 buggy, the ofna twin titan, titan deluxe, Ultra Series Buggies - Ultra COmp, Ultra MBX, and .. the new OFNA mutilator thats due out any day, The Ravager buggy, the Violator Buggy as well as the BLAZER SST truck/truggy.

I think the Kyosho ST-R, with the suspension droop and pre load max'd out for more ride height, a Pro Line Cp2 truggy body for a REVO, some OFNA Maxx Dish wheels with BIG OFFSET and Panther MEath Grinders - would be a much better BASHER. Well thats according to all the Fan Boys of Kyosho who proclaim that the Kyosho's are far more durable than ANY ofna / hong nor ever dreamed of being.

The Jammin CRT is a tuff truck - end of report. If you wanna bash taht thing go for it .... you'll probly need to do a few chassis and shock mount mods to get enough downtravel to go Construction Site bashing - but it'd do the job.

Here's a pimp BASH TRUGGY :-)

Tazer ST [Stunt Truck] Hong Nor Based vehicle - w/ many many hop ups.