Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

First Race Truck?

Old 05-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default First Race Truck?

I've decided several times now on what to get for my first race truggy, and I keep coming back to the CRT. I've been weighing the reviews, the forum posts, the opinions, the smart-sounding people, the fools, the trolls, the marketing BS, etc., and I just keep coming back to this one truggy. This X1 CRT.

I went to the local dirt track where I'll be doing my racing (Wolcott Hobby), and they were redesigning the track. There was a triple that was just insane. I don't think I'd want to take anything smaller over it, it appears that with the abilities of these huge-ass powerhouses, track design will be changing to accomodate the bigger suspension and power. I can't imagine cranking a 1/10 electric around that track, but then again maybe I'm just not up on the new brushless/lipo/etc capabilities.

I've looked at the Hellfire (which I almost ordered), the LSP, the ST and a couple of others.

So, before I dump the cash into the CRT, does anyone have any objections? Speak now, or for a day or two, hold your peace.

Anything else I should check out first?

Gracias,
Raketemensch
Old 05-31-2006, 06:16 AM
gunzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Race Truck?

[8D]

My man!!! The same dilemma I had before I choose mine... the never ending this and that. Well for opinions just depend on what thread are you looking into the LSP, ST-R, CRT and so on... I chose an LSP and provided that they collaborate with HPI it can't be that bad. Then again I like to be different, I am in Korea and Koreans are all about Kyosho, Mugen and Xray. Truggies have not hit big here yet although little by little Hellfire’s are starting to show. My truck is on the mail is the Pro-R Kit it’s a budget built but hope when together rip some punani. ST-R tag here is 1,000.00 baby thanks God I can order from Tower Without getting into import Tax.

MP 7.5
and some other conjunctures... it's a hobby.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:57 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: Raketemensch

I've decided several times now on what to get for my first race truggy, and I keep coming back to the CRT. I've been weighing the reviews, the forum posts, the opinions, the smart-sounding people, the fools, the trolls, the marketing BS, etc., and I just keep coming back to this one truggy. This X1 CRT.

I went to the local dirt track where I'll be doing my racing (Wolcott Hobby), and they were redesigning the track. There was a triple that was just insane. I don't think I'd want to take anything smaller over it, it appears that with the abilities of these huge-ass powerhouses, track design will be changing to accomodate the bigger suspension and power. I can't imagine cranking a 1/10 electric around that track, but then again maybe I'm just not up on the new brushless/lipo/etc capabilities.

I've looked at the Hellfire (which I almost ordered), the LSP, the ST and a couple of others.

So, before I dump the cash into the CRT, does anyone have any objections? Speak now, or for a day or two, hold your peace.

Anything else I should check out first?

Gracias,
Raketemensch

i suggest to try and drive as many different truggys you can. you can listen to the pope himself about a certain kit, if it doesnt work for you...then why buy it?

if you cant seem to ask anybody to drive their kit (preferably people you know..lol) then i guess you are at the mercy of others on forums, reviews, magazine articles and so on.

it just gets me when people say the CRT or the STR or the LSP-R, ST1 is the best kit to buy when they didnt even drive the kit themselfs or better yet give any other kit a try.

like what was said...it all depends what forum, thread or individual you tend to ask..if you go onto a CRT thread and ask if you should buy a CRT...why of course they will jump up and down and scream jammin with pom poms in hand..the same thing if you go to a STR thread, LSP-R thread and the ST1 thread as well...
Old 05-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: noximus
like what was said...it all depends what forum, thread or individual you tend to ask..if you go onto a CRT thread and ask if you should buy a CRT...why of course they will jump up and down and scream jammin with pom poms in hand..the same thing if you go to a STR thread, LSP-R thread and the ST1 thread as well...
I hear ya, that's where the BS meter should kick in.

In all honesty, I think that at the end of the day, it's just the driver that matters. And in my case, I suck. So it's not really a tragedy if I don't end up with the perfect thing. I'm just learning to handle a track, so the truck will teach me as much as anything else.

And really, I don't have a problem with the pom poms, but the little skirts are unnerving. I think I'm gonna hurl.

- Raketemensch
Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
WPGguy

I went jammin' RTR, I don't regret the decision, though I only got it yesterday

Looks like a decent RTR. Man this thing seems to big, its whide and mean and I'm gonna have a hell of a time
driving this thing and smoking the little revo's that run our track lol
Old 05-31-2006, 03:13 PM
jec1521

Having owned the LSP and now the ST-1, and also have driven the Jammin, Kyosho, and Mugen I have to say the best FOR MY DRIVING STYLE was the ST-1. I really liked the narrow stance and the turning radius. The Kyosho had a very similar feeling but I went with the TTR because I like to be different.

The only thing that I didn't like about the TTR was that it was an RTR. Not that it mattered too much because I instantly rebuilt the whole thing and also added my own engine and electronics right away, but I would've been able to save some money if it was a kit.

My advice to you is to try as many of them as you possibly can. If you just ask on forums like this, it'll basically just turn into a thread where everyone says to get what they have... lol. Good Luck.