Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

I need some advice (x1crt rtr)

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

I need some advice (x1crt rtr)

Old 06-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advice (x1crt rtr)

I have read the reviews and am extremely impressed with what I am reading. Now I have a couple questions for you guys that have the X1 CRT. What is a rtr lacking that the kit has? From what I am reading the rtr servo's are good enough and the .28 seems to run good.

I had a HB LS rtr last summer and honestly I thought it was great other that the sway bar breaking all the time. I never did get those droop screws right, that and the shocks and diffs needed tuned right out of the box. What issues do you feel I will need to address right away?

The tires on the rtr don't impress me but thats an easy fix. I know that some diff lube will be a must from the review I saw. I have a spare receiver with my DX3 to toss in it. So any advice from a x1 crt owner would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:11 AM
canucksrc

Default RE: I need some advice (x1crt rtr)

I have the Crt Ready to Rip and love the thing. Need to change the fluid in the diffs for sure to help with unloading. I have added a Z brace rear cvd and center drive universals.

The truck is very forgiving for people that are not pro drivers. I installed my Spektrum kit in the truck. I need to change the stock tires.

The Truck Rocks,
P
Old 06-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Tazer_version_A

RTr is lacking :

$12 - Graphite Radio Tray
$12 - Graphite Diff Top Plate
$10 - Alum rear toe in
$35 - CNC Steering Knuckles
$30 - Rear Universal
$45 - CNC 7075 Chassis Pan
$12 - Front CNC Alum Caster B Blocks
$10 - Rear Diff anti squat / hinge pin holder - CNC alum
$30 - Center Universals
$24 - Ball Bearing Servo Saver
$12 - Ball Bearing Center Diff brake cam assembly
$45 - Alum Center Chassis Braces
$20 - CNC Front Shock Tower
$20 - CNC Rear Shock Tower
$30 - Threaded Capt Hinge Pins

IMHO - the CRT Pro Kit is the MOST packed full of good hop up parts there is on the market - from the stand point of cost to buy all the hop up parts seperately - or after the fact like most RTR buyers end up doing eventually - cheaper to get the Pro Kit - as you'll end up with the hop ups anyways - and buy engine and radio later.

Both Kits lack:

Z Brace
MonoMount for engine
CNC Alum Bellcranks top plate and brace
Old 06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
mini ripper

I have the pro kit and it is very good to tell you the truth the best model I have ever owned!
The RTR version will lack some of the finer parts found on the pro but you do get it ready to rip. With a good engine and decent radio gear.
If you are sarting out get the RTR version and if you want to add the bits on that make the pro otherwise if wedge is no object get the Pro kit and load it with a good motor and radio gear.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:11 PM
3spdsavage

to be honest. dont get the rtr cuz then you are gonna try to upgrade it and spend tons more. i made the mistake of buying a jammin rtr buggy and now im deeply regretting it. so either buy the kit and if you dont know how to built it just save 170 and get the hot bodies lspr....its a assembled kit with alot of upgrades. seems like many people think that the jammin truggy is slightly better than the lsp but i saw both run side by side couple of days ago and didnt really see much of a difference. so hb lspr is like 430 and assembled. might be your best bet.....def over rtr dont make that mistake. and also the other guy forgot to mention that the kit comes with proline rims and crime fighter tires. the rtr has ok tires but cant compare to proline. IMO go for jammin kit....if you dont know how to assemble and dont want to spend that much.......then get hot bodies lspr.........the lspr is pretty durable, it acutally might be more durable than the jammin. hope i helped. good luck
Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 AM
canucksrc

My RTR Rips around the track like no one businness! I'm not racing at the pro level and love the thing on our tight track. I'm very happy with the way the thing handles Ready to Rip with a couple of upgrades. I doubt I could do that much better on my track with the kit. Only thing I need to change are the stock rims and Tires.

Jammin did a great job with this RTR,

P
Old 06-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the advice guys. Its hard to decide, but all the info helps.