Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

St-r

Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 PM
psymun30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St-r

Has anyone used the Rc screwz for their truck? If so, how did you figure out which screw goes where? Just intersted because i want to get this truck and the screws to go with it Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: St-r

RC Screwz are trash. HexHeads is the way to go man. I wish they'd release and ST-R HexHeads kit. But on the LST, RCScrewz are like a downgrade from the stockers.. and the stockers were CRAP.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:58 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

I'd agree that RCScrewz are HORRIBLE. They strip out super easy. Why even bother with those.

However, I'd recommend "Tony's Screws". Super hard and he groups and labels the bags of screws. So, when the instructions call for a 3x10 cap screw, you just look for the bag. He also throws in some spares too.....
Old 06-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Tazer_version_A

All our tazers roll out with Tony's Hardware - best screw I ever had :-)
Old 06-03-2006, 02:59 PM
psymun30

beautiful thanks guys
Old 06-04-2006, 04:21 PM
WarRanger

Ya...just put one together. Gonna change out the screws as time goes. It does make it easier if you have a screw gun. But you can get a hex adapter for it. In any case....if you are gonna switch your scews out. Go aluminium..ya they wear out, but you can shave of some weight if yur lookin to. I am finding out though that weight is not such a bad thing. You will get a more stable car thats heavier but you will have to go with a more expensive motor to compete. To each their own.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:09 PM
noximus

this isnt like electric or 10 scale races...an ounce or two of a difference wont make or break your engines performance..MOST of these .21-.28 engines have more than enough power to tow some of the heavier truggy's to some of the lighter truggy's..in fact i know of more than a few who have went back down to some of the .21 sized engines that dont have as much power in comparison to some of the well known biggons..lol

for something as minimal as a screws weight..no...i would rather have a couple of grams added to my kit to ensure durability..tony's screw kit is GREAT for ANY kit regardless...some of these kits weigh anywhere from 8 to 10 pounds..and in some cases even more..when they are flying at 40 to 50 MPH and end up nose diving or breaking into some lap traffic..and what prevented you to actually finish the race was some screw that gave out and broke causing your front susp holder to bend and break...would you want to worry about weight reduction or durability? knowing your current engines performance has YET to be maxed out at any track you have attended...

now if i am able to lose lets say a pound or 2..that might be worth looking in to...but a couple of grams and maybe even an ounce...no. JMHO
Old 06-04-2006, 07:14 PM
psymun30

yeah i understand i just wanted to get some better screws than the phillips that comes with the kit
Old 06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
WarRanger

Very true on the durability part. But high stress locations would not be the swap out I was talking about. It was a just suggestion at best. Perhaps not sound advice for those wishing to compete with the big dawgs. In any case, hecks heads is the way to go. Got my screw gun set up for it. I can rip my truggy apart and rebuild a diff. in 15 flat if need be...and thats being drunk! Gotta luv the screw gun....