Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

SH .28 or PIcco .28???

Old 06-04-2006, 01:11 PM
jam15457

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SH .28 or PIcco .28???

HI guys
I am soon getting a CRT and have narrowed down my engine choice to these two: SH .28 (apparenty the same as Nosram and LRP .28s) or the Picco .28. I am leaning very slightly towards the SH because it does not need a starter box and is cheaper, but am still not sure. PLease could you give me any advice on this owners of these 2 engines?
Thanks
jam15457
Old 06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
WarRanger

Default RE: SH .28 or PIcco .28???

Go with the Picco. It's got an Ungodly bottom end. Ya ya need a starter box...but you should have gone that way a long time ago. Pullstarts suck on so many levels. Don't mean to spend your money for you, but you asked......
Old 06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Haulin bass

The picco is an animal tons of snap with the 7mm insert and still out revs any .25+ engine out there.I had quite a few people asking me who modded my engine this weekend, this is with a box stock FT p3 .28.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Philster

I have a Picco P3-28 w/ pull starter and it accepts a Tiger Drive and Ofna makes a shaft start for it as well.

SH = nice

Picco = Freakin' SWEET.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:28 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well at our local track in truggy class the SH is the fastest motor on the track...unfortunately its too dam fast for the track....The fellow who has the SH 28 P6 is now putting in a Picco 28 as he says it has less bottom end and similar top end as the SH but has a easier to manage powerband.. He owns both motors and say the SH does make more power, but it comes on alot harder then the Picco and makes driving more difficult.

There are all sorts of high end .21's at the track and nothing could come close to the SH 28 on the straights, the problem was the SH was too violent to control on the infield. There was a JP modded VZB on the track and compared to the sh it looked like a RTR engine.

anyways before you guys knock the SH you should at least drive one first, as in a straight line race your Picco 28 is going to have a hell of a fight on its hands.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should put in that the SH in the truggy is converted to bump start, a one way bearing dragging on the crank will affect performance.