Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

HB Truggy or new Mammoth prokit

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HB Truggy or new Mammoth prokit

Old 06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
JeffrWRX
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB Truggy or new Mammoth prokit

I want to get into racing at my local track but I dont know which truck to get. I wnat to race for fun not really competitivly. I like the HB Truggy, but the new XTM mammoth pro kit is coming out soon. I have the XTM XT2 buggy which the new mammoth prokit is based on and its a great buggy and really tough. I am just not sure about getting another XTM product.

I cant get parts locally for HB, but my LHS (1 mile away) carries everything XTM.

So what do you guys think? GO with lesser known XTM for available parts or go with the HB and order online?

XTM prokit:

-Jeff
Old 06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
ssj2

Default RE: HB Truggy or new Mammoth prokit

If you really like the XT2 (which most people who have purchased them enjoy them a lot) then I would go with another XTM product. Also, with HB you won't have the luxury of going a mile away for replacement/hop-up parts. I have the XTM Mammoth ST and really like how there are many custom upgrades for the truck, and I would rather have a mile far LHS that carries my stuff than wait online.
Another thing, R9 already has the Mammoth Pro kit, and he likes it so far, but (from the last I knew) he didn't complete building it yet. If you're worried about flaws in the first ST, I am very positive that XTM fixed those flaws. I would go with XTM just for the success with the Mammoth/ST, and the fact that you won't have to wait an eternity for parts to arrive. Good luck and feel free to ask questions to me!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
JeffrWRX

Thanks for the great response...its exactly what im looking for. I love my XT2, I have bashed the crap out of it and I have only bent a shock tower (hitting a parked car at WOT)

I actually bought wheels, arms, and dogbones from a mammoth ST to turn my buggy into a truggy. But changed my mind now the pro kit is on its way. It looks like an XT2 with longer arms and extended chassis.

I will preorder my Prokit and let you guys know how I like it.

Thanks again.

-Jeff
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
jec1521

That kit actually looks pretty good! Looks like XTM is going in the right direction.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:13 AM
JeffrWRX

Ya I think so too...I guess they have a factory team now and will have more of a presence at competitions? Thats what I read on another forum atleast.

-jeff
Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 AM
noximus

too bad you cant get local parts for HB...but with them combining with HPI isnt necessarily a good thing..as i had terrible parts support when i was racing my PRO2 years ago..it was actually aggrovating..and now..i cant find anything for that kit..they sell some parts..but whats even more funny..team associated still are selling parts for certain kits that came out 6 years ago!!!

you should see if your shop carries any kyosho kits..the new rtr kyosho truggy looks decent and is pretty cheap...really cheap when you compare it to the other rtr kits on the market..also see if they carry any thunder tiger parts..the ST1 is another nice truggy...

XTM is looks nice...but i would let somebody else be the guinea pig

Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 AM
JeffrWRX

The shop near me is a hobbypeople...they carry XTM, Traxxas, and HPI. I am prolly gonna go with the XTM.

Thanks guys

-Jeff
Old 06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
ssj2

I would kill to have a Hobbypeople a mile away from me. Unfortunately, I have to wait for all of my parts from XTM, I have no LHS in Illinois that carries XTM parts. I dont really care anyway, because I can only get to my LHS on weekends anyway. Good choice with XTM, have fun and good luck! Let us know how that Pro Kit is too, maybe pics and vids if its possible for u.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:53 PM
JeffrWRX

Ya I will post pics and maybe a video...I called hobbypeople today and they said the item is in thier inventory, but they are waiting on the shippment from XTM.

I also talked with a few guys there last weekend and several employees are going to be getting the kit as well. They all love the XT and XT2 so they think this will be a great truck.

-Jeff
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 PM
JeffrWRX

ORIGINAL: ssj2

I would kill to have a Hobbypeople a mile away from me. Unfortunately, I have to wait for all of my parts from XTM, I have no LHS in Illinois that carries XTM parts. I dont really care anyway, because I can only get to my LHS on weekends anyway. Good choice with XTM, have fun and good luck! Let us know how that Pro Kit is too, maybe pics and vids if its possible for u.
Hobbypeople.net carries every XTM part and they ship really quickly.

-Jeff
Old 06-09-2006, 02:30 PM
ssj2

I get most of my parts from them, but some of the prices are way high. Like for their CF parts for the Mammoth ST, crazy! I buy from Hobbypeople, RC Visions, Big Air, and Dadders. I'm thinkin about makin my own CF parts too. Look at the last 3 websites I posted in the previous sentence, they're pretty good, and I think you'll get some use out of em.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:20 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: JeffrWRX

The shop near me is a hobbypeople...they carry XTM, Traxxas, and HPI. I am prolly gonna go with the XTM.

Thanks guys

-Jeff
if they carry HPI..then they will carry HB parts..HPI and HB merged together..so i dont see how that shop only carries HPI and not HB...weird. so if thats the case, i would definately buy the HB truggy over the XTM..JMHO>
Old 06-10-2006, 09:26 AM
JeffrWRX

I have asked them and they do not carry any HB parts...but I guess they might in the future.

-Jeff