Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Hot bodies lsp vs. jammin x1-crt

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hot bodies lsp vs. jammin x1-crt

Old 06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
blsdmf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot bodies lsp vs. jammin x1-crt

Which would you choose? I also plan to put an xtm 457 engine in whatever i buy, would anyone suggest something different?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:15 AM
WPGguy

Default RE: Hot bodies lsp vs. jammin x1-crt

Well, I was out using my CRT today at the track and I was doing pretty damn good.

I was holding my own with a pretty good driver and his HELLFIRE And gave him a run for his money tough to call.
I was kicking the snot outta the revo guys and pretty much had to race buggies for any kinda competition.

Now I don't claim to be a good driver, and these guys could have just been having a bad day all I know is I put in a good 7 or
so tanks and the only thing that broke was a manifold spring for my exhaust. Everyone else was braking stuff all day.
I had some pretty retarded 10 and 12 roll spills and still allive.

The .28 (I got rtr and changed radio system) is actually pretty decent for a rtr stock engine. I think I'll run it for a while then upgrade
in a month or so. Carbon fiber is in the mail and I can't wait.

I am so glad I got the CRT its stable on the ground or in the air, and if you look there are some awesome parts out there on the net and will only get better and more
available.

So I vote CRT. Just one mans opinion though

-Thankfull CRT owner.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Dnell

You'd have to get the Lightning Stadium Pro R to have a comparible truck. Either way you go, you're bound to be happy. The CRT is still ruling the roost. You also need to decide if you plan on competitive racing or if it's going to be just for fun. If it's just for fun, take your pick and vote for value for money. If you plan on racing, the consideration is tougher.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 AM
noximus

both nice kits, but i pick the LSP-R between the two..

hasent this post been brought up already?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
blsdmf

Also about the engine. would anyone go a different route then the xtm 457???
Old 06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: blsdmf

Also about the engine. would anyone go a different route then the xtm 457???
depends..if you are racing or back yard bashing...if i wasnt racing, i would pick up some sport engine like the XTM 457..BUT i like racing my truggy..thats what these things were generated for.."Arena trucks"

if i was to do it all over again..i will go with my P5X all over again, Aaron Walker at www.rcbuggyshop.com sells them at a VERY reasonable price, in fact he has one of the best prices you can find for that engine here in the states..it sells for 240 dollrs at his place..plus he has GREAT knowledge dealing with that particular engine..or you can grab the Werks Collari LC21B3..which sells for like 190 dollars..or you can get the novarossi .21BFT 3 port engine...that engine rocks and it only goes for 169 dollars..

Email him or drop him a call from his website because he doesnt have much time to update his site to say whats in stock or out of stock, he will hook you up on a nice deal and a really nice engine as he did for me and a few others i know..JMHO.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
kahne9

Okay, Im not one to brag about the lightning stadium, and i cant compare mine to an CRT cuz I have a Sirio .27, I eat crts for breakfst,,.... as far as speed. The Handling is relatively similar, and the price is lower for the lsp, at the track, a stock lsp will beat a KIT crt, Im not sure what hes got, but thats a shame to let a .26 bet a crt, especially seeing how the crt's are made for racing, why would you put a slower motor in it than the rtr? Any way, I like my lsp, its up to you really, the crt is nice too, but price, agian is in favor for the lsp, and no on the xtm 24.7, thats a bashing motor not racing, get a high rpm motor, like a hyper 21 or sirio or collai
Old 06-28-2006, 12:30 PM
sly2136

i would get whatever your wallet allows you to get and what your lhs has the most available parts for. as far as the motors go it would depend on the track size that you race on. if your local track is really big go with little bigger motor if track is tight and technical you can get away with rtr motors. and even on big tracks if you have a good driving stratogy you can get away with rtr motors. look up some track speeds the average speed at your local track is probably 11 to 15 mph at best. a rtr motor will more than take care of that. if your new to racing truggies i would start out with the basics and pay attention to the fast guys are they fast because of the motor or because they don't make mistakes. i think you will find that motors don't have much to do with winning as long as its a dependable motor and holds a good tune
Old 07-01-2006, 06:38 PM
blsdmf

um the question was about an xtm 457... not 24.7
Old 07-04-2006, 01:36 PM
savvy-racer

my brother and i bought the jammin about a month ago and we haven't break nothing yet except the chassics brace. man the jammin is sweet and the stock motor is a dream. not a problem with the engine at all. we didn't even have to tune it all day.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I`ve had both and they both seem to be pretty close when set up for the same track . I prefer the LSP , I can get better times with it . I race around with a CRT on practice days and beat him . We even swap out [he drives my LSP and I drive his CRT ] and the LSP just gets through the track smoother . But as mentioned above buy what you can afford and what parts are available at your lhs .