Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy Selection..

Old 06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
A.B.U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy Selection..

Hey all.. thinkin' of gettin a truggy or a buggy or w/e anything with a center diff. to race with. Anyone know what the good racetruggies are? I've been looking at the X1CRT LSP-R and the Mammy ST Pro. Of the 3 which would be better to race with? What would be a good affordable truggy engine? Thanks... Also, other if you have other selections feel free to spill the beans.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: Truggy Selection..

Well... If I choose to buy the Jammin X1CRT RTR and upgrade the aluminum to CF and the shock towers.. and change the tires/wheels.. will it handle like the X1 CRT Pro?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:12 PM
TGreg24

well it all depends on how long u can wait. there are alot of new truggies coming out including Team Losi's 8ight truggy, and cen's Matrix Truggy. but outta of the ones avalible and you talking about affordablity, i would get one of the Lighting Statiums, they arent the best but they do everythign good if not better.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

IMO, the LSP-R is the most under-rated truggy. I did my own test with my LSP-R and ST-R. The LSP, was extremely close in handling and performance to my ST-R.

Its been around awhile, the "R" model has lots of nice little upgrades that make it handle like a champ. It handled better than my Hellfire no matter what I did to that Hellfire
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 PM
wide_open247

ST-R all the way, u don't need any upgrades and it will drive like a champ. Kyosho's are super durable and they perform awsome. My very first race with the ST-R I was leading untill I had tire problems, ended up with 4th. But anyways it is an awsome truck, its a little pricy but its worth ut all the way!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:50 AM
PillowPants

LSP's are a great bang for your buck!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:35 AM
plecofish

Hi ABname!

I had a LSP PRO, it's a very good truggy..... but it is a little old conception

Now I have a X1-CRT PRO..... that stuff is awesome. Turns quick, and it is grabbed to earth. And It is able to fly high.
Firsts CRTs have few issues, but the new versions, have very stong plastic parts.

look at my first experience with CRT....LOL finished to assembly on wednesday..... no practice, first race on Sunday...... LOL 1ST...with a SH P6 prospec Engine...... 130 USD...LOL

The wrong thing You can do, for my opinion, is buy the RTR version....... its made with cheaper parts....and break often.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:47 PM
A.B.U

Haha plecofish... nice CRT man! YEah I think I'll just take the better road and go with the CRT kit.. It looks really good IMO. [8D]
Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 PM
A.B.U

Well..I saw/held an X1 CRT KIT at my LHS about 20 mins ago.. it's REALLY nice.. they happened to have one.. BUT they wanted ... $650 for it. Yikes.. I think I'd rather just stick to towerhobbies with some coupons and save big $$.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 PM
wide_open247

go with the ST-R, if your gonna pay that much your gonna want it to last. Plus its race proven, its very first race it won, and 6 out of the 25 cars in the A main were Kyosho's.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
A.B.U

Ehh I dont like the ST-R a whole lot... I'd rather own an 8ight before I bought an ST-R... its too blue-ish.. and IMO looks toyish. I like the looks of the CRT more.. it looks more of a racer... although it seems the ST-R out handles it. [&:]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Tazer_version_A

first race it won, and 6 out of the 25 cars in the A main were Kyosho's.
Not sure how that makes it a good bad or indifferent truck??????

Where was this and how long ago was it?

This could be said of the CRT ..... x50
Old 06-13-2006, 11:08 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

Ehh I dont like the ST-R a whole lot... I'd rather own an 8ight before I bought an ST-R... its too blue-ish.. and IMO looks toyish. I like the looks of the CRT more.. it looks more of a racer... although it seems the ST-R out handles it. [&:]
*Signs of jealousy*

haha go ahead and get the CRT but it wont be long until the "toy like" ST-R, Mugen, and CEN make it obsolete.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

*Signs of jealousy*

haha go ahead and get the CRT but it wont be long until the "toy like" ST-R, Mugen, and CEN make it obsolete.
Jealous? Yeah you have a nice rig dude.. ill be honest. I just.. ehh all that blue makes it look toyish. And I almosted fell outta my chair laughin when you brought up CEN.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:55 PM
PillowPants

you should check out the CEN buggy's race results. Then tell me if your still falling out of your chair laughing.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:13 AM
plecofish

Well.... I have seen some ST-R in my next races......

same problems of 777..... CVAs popping out after jumps and Aarms broken.....

Kyosho...... well.....for 800/900 bucks.....I don't wanna a truck that break something during every lap.

If You are thinking to buy a CRT, look at A mainhobbies, Tower or Stormer..... they have very good prices
Old 06-14-2006, 02:34 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: plecofish

Well.... I have seen some ST-R in the next races......

same problems of 777..... CVAs popping out after jumps and Aarms broken.....

Kyosho...... well.....for 800/900 bucks.....I don't wanna a truck that break something during every lap.

If You are thinking to buy a CRT, look at A mainhobbies, Tower or Stormer..... they have very good prices
The CVA problem can be fixed with a very minor amount of negative camber.. as for the a-arms, haven't heard/seen anything about it. The ST-R is the real deal.. It's just not as fool proof as the others. Just like a 1:1th scale high performance car, you gotta know what the hell you are doing or you'll end up pissed off with buyers remorse. The problem is, to many damn noobs are giving it a bad name. "Diff shimming?!? Whats a shim?!". "Diff oil? Whats that??". etc.. let me put it this way.. It's not a noob friendly truck and if you dont knowthe proper way to shim a differential and you have to ASK questions like what set-up to run or better yet, (Seen this one a lot..) what kind of TIRES to get, then you have no business owning an ST-R! And I'm sick of people discrediting it becuase of the price tag. You can get one from amain for $650.. IMO, people are just pissed off that their beloved CRT's and LSP's aren't the one and only top dogs anymore! Which is rather pathetic.. Shut up and race!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
plecofish

C'mon Hamb, please do not misunderstood my last answer, offend You wasn't my intention.... I was only tell what I have seen on tracks.....

I have seen GS truggies, and they are crap.....
I have seen Hellfires, and they are crap too......
I have seen Kyoshos ST, and they seems indistructibles....
But I have seen many buggy Pro drivers very disappointed with their ST-R....as they are terribly disappointed with their 777SP2.....

However..... in ITALY ST-R costs 1134,99 USD yeah!!!! (899 Euro), and You know... it's a kit..... You have to add servos, engine, pipe...
(Starting from Jan 2006, it's difficult to find Kyosho spares here, because Italian distributors are stoppin' sell Khyoso brand.....people don't wanna spend too much money)

instead of Jammin/HongNor/Jamara Pro kits... sold at 800 USD (650 Euro)

in USA all things costs less...... but we cannot buy full kits here...... because, with duty and customs fees, the price is the same.......

334 USD of difference...... the cost of an engine + pipe.......

(In Italy buggy people buy Mugens, Cronos, Xrays)
Old 06-14-2006, 02:11 PM
PillowPants

alright soo the ST-R is a let down it Italy, in your opinion.. Lets not go saying it an overpriced turd just because it's not a "fan favorite" in your local racing scene. I know a lot of guys on Truggyracers.com that have sold their CRT's and LSP's, etc.. for an ST-R and have not looked back since. So your statement about how it a let down just like it's buggy offspring is BS. Speak for yourself dude. Just because you'd never pay that much for a truggy doesn't mean guys with a wild hair in Italy and all over the international racing scene for that matter wouldn't. You are intitled to your own personal opinion but if you think its such a let down all I can say is that it's your loss buddy.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
A.B.U

Ugh... talkin to t-- ham i may go with the ST-R... ITs like.. 80 bux more than the CRT.. so Ehh I guess it aint THAT bad.. but I dont like the looks of it.. but hey looks arent everything.. I mean.. check out the 8ight.... won by nearly two laps on one of its races.. and many say its butt-ugly.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
PillowPants

It's a great truggy and I really think it deserves more credit that what it's been getting.. And I'm sick of people blowing tiny fixable and PREVENTABLE problems about it out of proportion and trying to steer people away from it just because it won't work with their budget!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:58 PM
A.B.U

Hey.. 80 bux more, or whatever isnt a lot.. lol... it may seem ike it because 580 to 650 looks a lot.. but.. I guess ya know.. only few dollars more..

NOW if someone would just make carbon fiber for it so it wouldnt look so.. BLUE..
Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 PM
PillowPants

Hey.. 80 bux more, or whatever isnt a lot.. lol... it may seem ike it because 580 to 650 looks a lot.. but.. I guess ya know.. only few dollars more..

NOW if someone would just make carbon fiber for it so it wouldnt look so.. BLUE..
You should check out "king headz". They do a lot of colored stuff for the ST-R. Even the chassis braces.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:06 PM
PillowPants

double post.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:35 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

You should check out "king headz". They do a lot of colored stuff for the ST-R. Even the chassis braces.
If they make black parts then Ill be ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.