Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

How long should I charge my starterbox???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

How long should I charge my starterbox???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:13 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long should I charge my starterbox???

I am new to the whole starter box thing along with my CRT powered by an OS vspec that I cant get to turn over because the pinch is so tight, but a hair dryer and some patinence got it to turn for me.

But my original question is how long should I charge this thing, it runs on a 12volt battery, and I am charging it with a 12volt power supply @ 13.8 volts with banna plugs.

Now all the lights light up on it and what not (its an Ofna RTR box by the way), but when I charged it using a wall charger I got the same light display and the thing didnt last very long, I'll put it this way, I never got the engine to fire.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
nitrobeast

Default RE: How long should I charge my starterbox???

What is the amps of the battery in the starter box? When you try to start your mill make sure the piston is at the bottom and not at the top because it makes it that much harder to turn it over and it drains the starter box battery fast. Spin the flywheel by had unitl the piston is at the bottom. You might have to take the plug out if you cant get it. You only have to this until the mill is broken in.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: How long should I charge my starterbox???

If the wall charger does not work . Do not use a power supply for a charger as it is very dangerous and can harm the battery . You need to leave the wall charger charginging for 12 hours . Or buy a good battery charger that will charge up to 10 cells and charge the battery at 1 amp max .