Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

ORIGINAL: ItchyBum

That is going to be cool those Picco engines are awesome, im jealous. Well until i get my modded Nosram 28 back, then i'll give you a run for your money hehehe [sm=wink_smile.gif]
dude i have seen your truck run without the modded motor, the picco now with your non modded motor would be a nice race, we should do it i will time and distance it and you do the same whoever gets there at the least ammount of time wins the race OR i could fly down under something i wanted to do for a long time . would be nice to take a vacation down in AUSTRALIA
Old 02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Mr.Slave

what size glow plug does the stock motor run?

a long right? im just making sure cause im going to the store to get my running equipment and dont have the motor yet,..
Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
ericem

Long and short plugs will work. Like OS 8 isnt as long as a MC 59 they both work. MC59 is cheaper and seems to work well.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
jombo

check out these traxx , i think there was a pack of st1's in the back yard today
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33902.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	873248   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43713.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	873249  
Old 02-08-2008, 05:46 PM
madmax22

lol jombo pack of ST-1's! lol when it snowed I did that and it was serious! lol well today it was very nice out side! I richened her up A LOT and it ran better than ever! I crashed one time and the right front loewr a-arm came out like the pin came out and the little plastic thing broke but I just put it back in and it was fine. usually when I see that it mean $80 in parts cough cough t-maxx.... So iI started to panic i shut it down ran to the back door put it down unclipped the body and looked at it and nothing was broken I was very surprised and happy the track was madd fun I was warming up and flipped and the pipe came off and made a very loud disturbing noise....... Well anyways I had fun
Old 02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
KeithjV

I just spoke with acehobby again. They are USELESS...
Im still waiting for my replacement body because the post office delivered it to the wrong state, that is if acehobby even addressed it correctly. The wont send another one out till they see if the post office can find it. Unreal..
The pull start has broken more then 5 times already on this truck and Ive only had it since December and still dont have it completely broken in. I asked them if that is covered by warranty since its the spring that broke the first time and then the rope pulled straight through the handle. They make no effort to help out a customer or even try to retain one. This was my first and LAST thunder tiger product. Never again. Ill stick with HPI. Their customer service is fantastic compared to Thunder Tiger.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 PM
madmax22

sorry to hear that keith but for the pull start remember only pull 1/2 off the cord. Its not a weedwacker so these little strings are somewhat fragile.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:27 PM
jombo

i just broke down and orderd the ofna starter box at ...............................

MY NEW LOCAL HOBBY SHOP[8D] its like getting a new girlfriend

anyway its hobby town usa and the guys there are great, i guess its one in a million.
the same owner has friday night NITRO OUTDOOR AND 1/18 indoor. i have both so i dont care i can race when its cold and raining indoor and when its nice outdoor.
i checked it out today and i wish i brought my trucks because they were racing today[:@]
next week i guess and i will have the new shiny ofna starter box[8D][8D]
Old 02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Mr.Slave

man you guys are lucky, my nearest hobby shop is 2 hours away and they dont even carry 1/8th scale buggy wings. and the only fuel i can get is top fuel
Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM
twomanytoys

Soccer,

If you got the SW .26v2 you will love it. Break it in right adn once its tuned it really rips. Its my favorite engine out of all that I have had so far although I just ordered an LRP spec 3. I cant wait
Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 PM
madmax22

man you guys are lucky, my nearest hobby shop is 2 hours away and they dont even carry 1/8th scale buggy wings. and the only fuel i can get is top fuel
mine is 45 min they carrie top fuel/no name.......... The traxxas runs pretty good in it.....
Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 PM
ItchyBum

Lol, you would love it in Australia. The only bad weather we have to worry about is rain and when we get it we really get it bad. Its summer here now which is our wet season. In the last 2 months we have have an average 2 years worth of rain. It flooded on wednesday after about 4 hours of hardcore rain, roads were underwater, houses were like ankle deep, cars were almost getting washed away, an 18 year old kid drowned just down the road from me while trying to ride his body board down the storm water river system thingy in the middle of the park, poor bugger. Im right on the top of a hill so i just sit back and watch all the rain the we get wash the feral neighbours away hehehe

I reckon a 50 metre drag would be a good distance with filming aswell of course. I have soccer fields near me that i go sometimes for a bash in the carpark, its pretty big. Me and my dad drag there cause its set up kind of like a drag strip with 2 lanes separated my a 1m grass drainage channel and the carpark lines on the ground are exactly the same on both sides so you can easily tell who wins (but thats easy anyway cause its always me[sm=lol.gif])
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Mr.Slave

ORIGINAL: ItchyBum

Lol, you would love it in Australia. The only bad weather we have to worry about is rain and when we get it we really get it bad. Its summer here now which is our wet season. In the last 2 months we have have an average 2 years worth of rain. It flooded on wednesday after about 4 hours of hardcore rain, roads were underwater, houses were like ankle deep, cars were almost getting washed away, an 18 year old kid drowned just down the road from me while trying to ride his body board down the storm water river system thingy in the middle of the park, poor bugger. Im right on the top of a hill so i just sit back and watch all the rain the we get wash the feral neighbours away hehehe

I reckon a 50 metre drag would be a good distance with filming aswell of course. I have soccer fields near me that i go sometimes for a bash in the carpark, its pretty big. Me and my dad drag there cause its set up kind of like a drag strip with 2 lanes separated my a 1m grass drainage channel and the carpark lines on the ground are exactly the same on both sides so you can easily tell who wins (but thats easy anyway cause its always me[sm=lol.gif])
sweet, so you actually call February as being in summer? how much rain do you get in a year? i think we were at 4500mm last year.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
KeithjV

ORIGINAL: madmax22

sorry to hear that keith but for the pull start remember only pull 1/2 off the cord. Its not a weedwacker so these little strings are somewhat fragile.
I understand that, Im not hard on it. I have two other big blocks with a pull start and 2 small blocks and have no problem with them. The engine on this ST-1 has an extremely tight pinch at the top of the stroke so its difficult to turn over. Ive been as gentle as possible but the spring still broke 3 times already. The rope has pulled right through the handle a few times, and tonight it pulled right out of the pull start all together. I just cant believe that AceHobby and even TT dont cover anything under warranty. The truck is still brand new, what would it cost them to show a little support and send out a new pull start or even offer one at a discount. I guess I got spoiled with HPI's customer service.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 PM
ericem

They figure they are practically giving them away. So I am sure they can afford $30 for the rotostarter conversion
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
KeithjV

Im afraid to even put a roto start on this engine. Its still so hard to start that the roto start would either break the OWB or the roto plate. I guess Im going to have to just get the starter box. I liked being able to just take the glow igniter and go without having to carry a rotostart or a starter box around.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 PM
madmax22

That stinks man! I dont like starter boxes or even roto starts. The pull start is easy. just take the igniter w/ you and bam your started. and the igniter is lightweight so i dont care.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
KeithjV

Does anyone know where to get a replacement pull starter for the ST-1? I cant find it listed anywhere
Old 02-08-2008, 10:35 PM
mgtmadness2006

Are you gonna sell your st-1?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
ItchyBum

KeithjV, they arent going to warrant or guarantee a pullstart because the only way it will fail is from user error. And they will never send you a free one just because you SAID it was dodgy because they think you are just another noddy who yanked the crap out of it and broke it and now you want them to fix your f***up for free. They are a step ahead of that. The pullstart is probably the weakest part of any rtr vehicle anyway so dont be too surprised. My first rtr ST-1's pullstart broke from engine heat wrecking to cord and when i went to pull it the cord didnt even come out, i just literally pulled on the handle alone. I remember feeling pretty stupid right about then lol The rotostart is good but just dont run it for ages cause thats how you will break the one way. If your engine doesnt start in anout 5 seconds then something is wrong. The starter box is good, only thing is that its heavy
Old 02-08-2008, 10:49 PM
KeithjV

Itchy I wouldnt be so quick to blame user error as the only cause of failure. The first time the pull start failed it was because the clip on the spring that holds it in the back plate broke. From my experience I would say thats from the bend in the spring being too severe. And like I said, even if they wouldnt replace it they could have even offered to sell me a new one. But instead tech support said " I dont know what to tell you. Maybe you can find one online". Not the best way to do business and expect returning customers.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
mgtmadness2006

Keith-Have any pics of your ST-1?

Sponsored by Team RCMT Forums
http://www.rcmonstertruckforum.com/index.php
Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 PM
KeithjV

ORIGINAL: mgtmadness2006

Keith-Have any pics of your ST-1?

Not at the moment buddy. Its still pretty much stock RTR. I replaced the steering servo with a high torque one and I changed the hubs to the OFNA 15mm offset ones recommended by jombo to correct tie rod problem. Other then that its all stock. Ill try to get some pics tomorrow though.
You have any pics of yours?
Thanks for the link Ill check it out.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
mgtmadness2006

No camera, electronics or engine yet.

Post your problem in that forum maybe someone there can help.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 PM
mgtmadness2006

Where in NY are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.