Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 AM
jasrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

Looks like it may have been run over......by a 1/1 scale truck maybe
if it had been run over wouldnt the front diff, tower steering setup be flat as a tack ? id say a high speed hit and it bent the chassi .
Old 08-18-2007, 02:31 AM
dirthead

maybe it was run over from the side,... oh well one thing I think we can all agree on .......Ouch!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:50 AM
ItchyBum

yeah i know, its pretty ugly ay [&o] i was trying to find a hole in the fuel line on the back of my ute out the front of the house, i even bought a fail safe this time, which didnt f***ing work (i'll kill that bastrd at the hobby shop) i only gave it a little blip with the throttle to keep the engine from stalling and the throttle servo started kind of spasming, but by then it was too late It jumped off the back of the ute, opened right up down the street which is a great big hill, got about a quarter way down and smashed front on right into the wheel of a parked car. Not sure exactly how fast it was going, but i just finished tuning its NOSRAM RS.28 EVO and it was absolutely pinging going down that hill, so you can imagine....
But at least now i can finally get an ST-1 PRO and have a heap of spare parts to go with it
Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 AM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: ItchyBum

yeah i know, its pretty ugly ay [&o] i was trying to find a hole in the fuel line on the back of my ute out the front of the house, i even bought a fail safe this time, which didnt f***ing work (i'll kill that bastrd at the hobby shop) i only gave it a little blip with the throttle to keep the engine from stalling and the throttle servo started kind of spasming, but by then it was too late It jumped off the back of the ute, opened right up down the street which is a great big hill, got about a quarter way down and smashed front on right into the wheel of a parked car. Not sure exactly how fast it was going, but i just finished tuning its NOSRAM RS.28 EVO and it was absolutely pinging going down that hill, so you can imagine....
But at least now i can finally get an ST-1 PRO and have a heap of spare parts to go with it
blessing in disguise maybe?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:02 PM
ItchyBum

yeah maybe, how does your inferno go with your Z.28R? can it wheelie? mine went like a cut snake once i got it tuned up properly, very happy that i stole it off my dads mammoth lol also how good are the spektrum radios? i got one waiting at my lhs but wanted to be sure before i picked it up its only the DX2 i found out but its still 2.4GHz, are they still a decent radio? iv already got the Jaguar piece of s*** lubed up ready to go stick up the hobby shop guys' ass
Old 08-18-2007, 11:07 PM
redfox03

the spektrum is pretty nice. a guy at my job has one(dx-3), and it felt pretty good in the hand. reminds me of my futaba 3pm-2.4gig, just not with all the features. the dx-2 should be just as good. lol about the stock radio. i told the lhs owner she can have mine.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
jasrx

the spectrum DX3 radio is a great unit , iv been using one for a bout a year and a half with no troubles . As for the stock/ factory radio mines siting in a box [ never been used ] and most likely never will be used by me .
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM
mtbkym01

yeah maybe, how does your inferno go with your Z.28R? can it wheelie? mine went like a cut snake once i got it tuned up properly, very happy that i stole it off my dads mammoth lol also how good are the spektrum radios? i got one waiting at my lhs but wanted to be sure before i picked it up its only the DX2 i found out but its still 2.4GHz, are they still a decent radio? iv already got the Jaguar piece of s*** lubed up ready to go stick up the hobby shop guys' ass
The LRP is not in the truck yet, so I cant answer that, as far as the spectrum goes, its the DX2 and has caused me no probs at all, only diff between 2 and 3 is the 3rd channel (as far as I know), still got 3 channel reciever with it anyway for additional power source if required. The spectrum is actually the same as a JR unit (cant remember model) as far as casing goes, and yeah is very comfortable in the hand. Back to LRP, yeah cant wait, gonna just run it on 25% and have a blast. how is Brisbane for clubs and racing?, may move down there with my job in fiuture. Oh yeah, good luck with LHS and yeah go with DX2 (same radio as 8ight T RTR)
Old 08-19-2007, 05:34 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

The LRP is not in the truck yet, so I cant answer that, as far as the spectrum goes, its the DX2 and has caused me no probs at all, only diff between 2 and 3 is the 3rd channel (as far as I know), still got 3 channel reciever with it anyway for additional power source if required. The spectrum is actually the same as a JR unit (cant remember model) as far as casing goes, and yeah is very comfortable in the hand. Back to LRP, yeah cant wait, gonna just run it on 25% and have a blast. how is Brisbane for clubs and racing?, may move down there with my job in fiuture. Oh yeah, good luck with LHS and yeah go with DX2 (same radio as 8ight T RTR)
oh yeah, one other thing the DX2 only has a 2 model memory, DX3 has more (10 I think), but that doesn't matter to me
Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 AM
gofastracer

oh geez. my stock radio never even came out of the box. I gutted the stock servos and threw them in the box. I use a spektrum dx2, awesome radio, no glitches, gotta love the faster response... Im working on mine again today, this fuel problem is really annoying.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 PM
jaywax

More race video from our local track. Check me out at 47 secs into vid.

http://www.pro****-racing.org/NCRC-R2-Arena-714.html

Old 08-22-2007, 02:06 AM
mtbkym01

They are awesome videos, awesome track
Old 08-24-2007, 01:32 AM
ItchyBum

that losi 8t looks like a pretty good truggy, it looks very stable and smooth over the jumps and pretty much everywhere!! ST-1 still betta but
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 AM
ItchyBum

There's only 1 proper nitro off road track around here and its at Slacks Creek. Its the main track, pretty good and always getting re-arranged with new jumps and things and they have an on road track as well, but other than that, the rest are on road in brisbane. There's a good on road track at Brendale too, they had some world tournament race thingy there a while back. This is the Slacks Creek track, if you google it you'l find more pictures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22840.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	748339  
Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 AM
mtbkym01

Track looks good
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
redfox03

thats a very nice track.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 AM
fat1

I called Ace Hobby today about my right rear dogbone popping out a couple times. The guy answered and said he was the airplane guy so he would find a truck guy to talk to me. I was on hold for a couple minutes and a guy named richard got on the line to help me out. At the end of the conversation he said to drop him an email if I had more questions. Turns out, it was Richard Saxton. That's like calling Ford motor company to ask a question and they put Mark Martin on the phone...cool.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
dirthead

Wow that's really cool fat1 , hope you got some good info, secrets maybe? lol

Well I entered my first race Saturday, and to say I didnt do so well is an understatement. The problem wasn't the truggy, it was 100 % my fault, I had the fastest truck out there easily, i was just completely overdriving it. after every start of every race, I had a 50' lead, then I'd dump it somewhere in a corner, or hit the brakes and nose over. I was having probs to say the least.
The ST-1 held up in fine fashion, only broke a rear suspension block in the high jump competition. 25' in the air and landed the right rear arms on a 2x6 on its edge that they were using for a railing, got second place though.
Were having another race this Sunday( home track) I should do better, if I just remember to slooooow down. we've been promoting the event for a couple of weeks now, and the feedback sounds pretty positive. Can't wait!!!![8D]

cant wait for another cab either, I don't care for this one, it's the only one I could get last minute.[]
oh I stripped a throttle servo arm too.

Name:	Wu61833.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	753335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42247.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	753336  
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 PM
jaywax

ORIGINAL: fat1

I called Ace Hobby today about my right rear dogbone popping out a couple times. The guy answered and said he was the airplane guy so he would find a truck guy to talk to me. I was on hold for a couple minutes and a guy named richard got on the line to help me out. At the end of the conversation he said to drop him an email if I had more questions. Turns out, it was Richard Saxton. That's like calling Ford motor company to ask a question and they put Mark Martin on the phone...cool.
Move your rear shocks to the inside hole. That will eliminate the dogbone problem.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
fat1

the bottom of the shock or the top? thanks. It didnt do this before, it just started yesterday. When I compare the right rear to the left rear, the one on the right that keeps popping out isnt seated as far back in the outdrive as the one on the left. When the suspension is fully compressed, the right rear dogbone comes right out to the edge of the outdrive and the one on the left still has 2 or 3 mm clearance from the edge so I dunno. I never noticed before because I wasnt havin problems so I cant say if its always been that way or not.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
jaywax

ORIGINAL: fat1

the bottom of the shock or the top? thanks. It didnt do this before, it just started yesterday. When I compare the right rear to the left rear, the one on the right that keeps popping out isnt seated as far back in the outdrive as the one on the left. When the suspension is fully compressed, the right rear dogbone comes right out to the edge of the outdrive and the one on the left still has 2 or 3 mm clearance from the edge so I dunno. I never noticed before because I wasnt havin problems so I cant say if its always been that way or not.
Bottom. A lot of people have had that same problem. Once I move the shocks to inside hole, I never had it pop out again.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
fat1

well I tried it out tonight but i dont think its going to help. when I fully compress the suspension I can see it trying to pop out so I would imagine in real world conditions where the G's are higher its going to pop, again. I didn't see any real improvement, the dogbone still goes right to the edge. However, I took some measurements and the right rear dogbone is definitely not seated as into the outdrive as deep as the left. So, either the dogbone on the right is shorter or the outdrive is shorter or both. I have determined that the right outdrive is at least 1mm shorter than the one on the left. Having never built a kit and subsequently never built a diff, i dont know if that's something that can be changed by opening the diff and ....changing it? I will have to order a set of outdrives as the one on the right is definitely worn near the end. I'm going to to change the grease out for oil in all three diffs while I have it torn down, I think i'm gonna go with 7-10-5 or 7-10-3, if you have suggestions for all around use let me know as I'll not be "tuning" with all different sorts of oils I just want a good base.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:10 AM
redfox03

you've got a pretty good base setup for the diff oils there fat1. i run 7K front, 10K middle and 1K rear. the back end is a little loose, but it fits my driving style, i might try 3K in the rear next just to see how that is. hey dirthead, what body is that you're using in the pics?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:19 PM
fat1

oh man, 999 posts, u need 1 more so I have a question. What do you mean by a little bit loose? I'm having difficulty getting a clear answer on what effect heavier and lighter has in terms of behavior. What weight is considered heavy? I know some consider 10k heavy some 50k I see some run 300k.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
dirthead

Its a Proline 72 CHEVY fox. The body's not bad, its the paint-job I don't like. Did it last minute, and I was tired.

Name:	Tr50723.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	754030  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.