Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
ska8erj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

will these work for the steering mod??

[link]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/6641[/link]

o and do the screws 4 the steering mod HAVE to be countersunk?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
madmax22

will these work for the steering mod??
yup they will work! ill get some they are finally in stock... I dont know if the HAVE to be countersunk...
Old 03-09-2008, 06:00 PM
ericem

Yup. These.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18162

Which I just bought and are now out of stock sorry [:'(]

These should work as well I guess

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20776

@chedster those axials have a crappy carb look for any fine crack marks. I noticed when I had one a long time ago the carb was loose as well so make sure the carb is seated tight against the block. I also recall they are suppost to only run cold plugs. I also recall them being crappy IMO good torque but thats all [:-]
Old 03-09-2008, 06:33 PM
madmax22

should have spent a little more for the LRP
Old 03-09-2008, 07:04 PM
chedster

Ya I know now that I bought the axial, would be good in a MT and that's it. What you guys think just pick up the sportwerks .26 or the LPR? I kinda just wanna get the v2 until I become a better driver then get a higher end like a picco or something. How is the v2 too tune?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
ericem

Easy as possible. It is just a mach 427, mach .26 with a larger carb. Definitely go for the sw .26 for now at $115 or $120 w/e its a pretty good mill. Then when you want more power go for the JPX Jammin .28 (which is a picco .28).
Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 PM
redfox03

for the steering mod the screws DON'T have to be counter sunk. i used some OCM button head screws and they work fine. so either will work, counter sunk or button head.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:10 AM
madmax22

the last 1/2 tank I rn yesterday I tightened my servo saver a little bit and I flipped!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt want to go on my track to annoy the neighbors b/c they were eating dinner but I was on the road and flipped 3 times. i was mad fun in the gavel. my dad complimented on how many rock i seem to get lodged into the chassis like under the center diff there was a huge one and it would hit the spur casing cparks so I stopped there.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:50 AM
ItchyBum

I finally broke something on my PRO kit [:@] Well i didnt actually break it but the front left CVD lost the little pin that holds it together and the actual CVD shaft fell out, so on the last lap of qualifying it was driving in circles lol

BUT! - HOLD THE PRESS!! I qualified second for the A Main, setting the fastest lap of the day but because the guy in first set more consistent fast lap times they put him in first....mungrel lol but after about 7 laps i noticed my speed decreasing and on the next lap i stopped for some reason and when i tried to take off again it didnt move but i could hear it revving still. A marshal brought it back in for me and i came down and pulled the cover off the reveal that my Nosram had stripped my new 15t clutch bell [:'(] so it put me out for the rest of the race which was the second last race of the day so i just packed up and went home lol I definately have the fastest truggy there, probably even the fastest rc car there all together, but i think that Nosram just has too much power. There are a few bumps at the start of the main straight and when it hits them it will wheelstand for almost half the straight, even with 10K in the centre diff. It just absolutely screams. And the rest of the track im only using about 5-20% throttle so its a bit of a waste i think. But im getting over 10mins run time at least which is pretty good.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 AM
ItchyBum

I picked up a Hyper 8 PRO buggy at the races too for $630 Its got about 7 sets of spare wheels (with tyres) a full tool box and i mean full, pretty much every tool i would ever need and almost another full set of parts for the buggy including all the extra little bits i might need like shims and bearings and screws of every kind. Its got a 2.4GHz radio set installed with an ACE DS 1015 on steering and another good servo on throttle cant remember what that one is and like 5 spare hump packs including 3 home made ones that he says are 2400mAh The engine on it is an AXE Rossi Cobra 21 with a Hong Nor EFRA 2047 pipe which looks almost brand new and has that much pinch that i think i broke my thumb trying to turn it over lol and i still couldnt do it. It also came with a starter box, 3 spare engines which i havent even looked at yet, a wide range of shock and diff oils, air filters, fuel line, springs, paints, batteries, chargers and heaps more that i havent even looked at yet, all for $630. He wanted 700 but all me and dad could gather up was 630 so he took it cause he was moving interstate or something and he had to get rid of it all. Poor fella, he said that there was about 4 or 5 grands' worth there all together so we pretty much robbed him

Dad got a bit of video too so i'll post a link soon
Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Pexeter

I received my TTR this Saturday, I was wondering about the wheels, I know you can adjust their camber/caster, but I dont think that's the adjustment I need to fix this. This is out of the box, as you can see, when the tire on the right is straightened, the left tire is angled way out:

If I try to even them out it looks like this:

Sorry, im new to this, is it supposed to be at that angle? If not, what do I need to adjust to get it straightened?

EDIT: And what is the red ribbon for that came with the truck? Is it supposed to wrap the batteries to get them out (little long for that?) or is it supposed to fly behind my truck like a wind sock? lol
Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 AM
ItchyBum

Just pull the cover off and check that the steering turnbuckles are the same lenght on both sides. They probably tried to give it heaps of front toe out when they built it but its nothing you cant adjust back. Just have a look in the back of the ST-1 manual and it has pages on setup and tuning and shows you how to adjust the suspension. It will help too if you have something to measure with so you can get both sides exactly the same. I cant remember the name of them but they look like this (mine is just a cheapo plastic one but it does the job)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63092.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	899761  
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 AM
jombo

i say run it like the last pic because thats how i have mine after straightening the tires then pointing them in to see if that was better or making both wheels straight in the end i ended up puting the wheels like the last pic because it gave the most amount of steering and still goes straight.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Darkfae

I would run it with the toe-out. ( the way it is now)

Like Itchy said, the manual will tell you what every setting does, and you can go from there to set it to your preference.

http://www.myrcbox.com/suspension_tuning_guide.htm

There's a good link that might help also.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Pexeter

Thanks guys...these are some helpful forums!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
jombo

ORIGINAL: ItchyBum

I finally broke something on my PRO kit [:@] Well i didnt actually break it but the front left CVD lost the little pin that holds it together and the actual CVD shaft fell out, so on the last lap of qualifying it was driving in circles lol

BUT! - HOLD THE PRESS!! I qualified second for the A Main, setting the fastest lap of the day but because the guy in first set more consistent fast lap times they put him in first....mungrel lol but after about 7 laps i noticed my speed decreasing and on the next lap i stopped for some reason and when i tried to take off again it didnt move but i could hear it revving still. A marshal brought it back in for me and i came down and pulled the cover off the reveal that my Nosram had stripped my new 15t clutch bell [:'(] so it put me out for the rest of the race which was the second last race of the day so i just packed up and went home lol I definately have the fastest truggy there, probably even the fastest rc car there all together, but i think that Nosram just has too much power. There are a few bumps at the start of the main straight and when it hits them it will wheelstand for almost half the straight, even with 10K in the centre diff. It just absolutely screams. And the rest of the track im only using about 5-20% throttle so its a bit of a waste i think. But im getting over 10mins run time at least which is pretty good.
lol there is no such thing as too much power , man i guess it was bad luck weekend , i must of broke every truck i brought out sunday. the savage the pull start string the knot broke , the st1 the starter box batt died because of the cold, and the genesis le broke a upper a-arm after flying 20 ft over a 5 foot fence thank goodness there wasent any one on the other side lol, the most fun i ever had.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM
xjqkz

ORIGINAL: Pexeter

I received my TTR this Saturday, I was wondering about the wheels, I know you can adjust their camber/caster, but I dont think that's the adjustment I need to fix this. This is out of the box, as you can see, when the tire on the right is straightened, the left tire is angled way out:

If I try to even them out it looks like this:

Sorry, im new to this, is it supposed to be at that angle? If not, what do I need to adjust to get it straightened?

EDIT: And what is the red ribbon for that came with the truck? Is it supposed to wrap the batteries to get them out (little long for that?) or is it supposed to fly behind my truck like a wind sock? lol
brand new shining st-1 *drool* wish mine looked like that
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
ericem

ok wow ok. WOW ok. WOW. Ran the LRP and um WOW. I was still running to rich and I think I pissed and **** myself. My Mach 427 running VERY lean doesn't come close to the same performance. Going to post a vid and at max I did like 3/4 throttle. On the speed runs only 1/2 not even. Was to scared to go full using only 1 hand.

I just checked I set my EPA to low so at most like 1/2 throttle.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
madmax22

LOL! i knew it erocem i saw the vid of the mach and then the LRP and i was like way thats faster!

Well today was interesting...... I go startm the ST-1 up fires on the 3rd pull and going just warming it up before I tun it and i hear POP! and i was like hmm.... so I brought it in looked at it looked fine fire up again and i here that noise then the clutchbell loosed a bearring well..... Bith the bearings were gone. This Is all that was left. On the bright sode my micro-t foam tires came! to bad I cant run it.... no ESC yet. I looked in old engines but none of the bearings fit. What size do I need? (a-amain ill grab 80mm buckles wile im at it.) lol 4 got the pic.

Name:	Ay73904.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	900116  
Old 03-10-2008, 03:07 PM
ericem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVniMAVU0nc
Old 03-10-2008, 03:08 PM
ericem

You need this 5x10 bearings they are pretty good.

I am still on the original bearings though at the 10+ gallon mark [X(]

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5726
Old 03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Darkfae

I have an issue I need help with. I have a Spectrum DX2. I set the fail safe feature to apply brakes with no steering. Here's my problem. Sometimes when I'm driving, it will come on. It seems to happen right after I blip the throttle. Not all the time. What sucks is when I preload a jump right at the top, the friggin thing will activate, locking up the brakes, and nose diving the truck. I'm going to reset the failsafe to not have any brake, but I wanna know why this is happening. I can't do anything for about a second when it happens.

Anyways, here's a new pic and video.

use this link

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV00027.flv

Name:	Ig12539.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	900119  
Old 03-10-2008, 03:12 PM
ericem

Nice I would try rebinding it. Doesn't it come on when you have a low battery though? Are you running a 5 cell NIMH pack?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
madmax22

Thanks ericem!

Looks good dark! that wing is really pointed down! I like the yellow though!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Darkfae

Yeah, I'm running a 5 cell. The battery wasn't fully charged, but it still should have plenty of juice. I'll see if it does it on full charge.

I just rebound it to no brakes.

Madmax, yeah, I angled the wing as far forward as it would go to help with nose dives. I may set back to the middle setting. we'll see how it goes on a track.

I was trying to film with one hand and run the controller with the other hand, so I wasn't able to do much in the video. I'll get someone to film for me and make another one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.