Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 PM
jay863fl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

Ok, so went to the track, it was dry as a bone, so that sucked badly, the engine isnt quite tuned right, all stock, pipe too ;( and no wing. So does the truggy extended mount wing make that much differnece? I hope so because as it is, its always wanting to point the nose straight down. Hoping once I can get the extended wing mount and a wing that straightens out. Any thoughts on that? I really loved the way a few of the Losi truggy's flew nice and flat, and hope to get this one to do the same.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Pexeter

wow! Hey thanks guys, i will give all that a try, I really appreciate the help
Old 03-16-2008, 03:44 PM
JChrisjohn

ok I just tried the tuggy after the steering mod and the new ace servo and wow, what a diffrence. THis $100 mod took this thing to the next level of fun. If you have not done this mod you must, it is one of the most noticeable mods that I have ever done on the steering of any truck before, some one talked about running mbx5 spacers on an earlier page. How does it work, on high traction surface it just rolls right over on its back during a slow rolling turns., but with a little practice I will be able to keep it lid up.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Pexeter

ORIGINAL: xjqkz

I don't think the opening should be 5mm....its more like 1mm, thats probably why when it starts you hear that high pitch sound. set it back to 1mm, lsn and hsn back to factory you can even lean out the hsn half a turn.

First make sure the radio and the receiver are off open the throttle servo with your hand then pull the pullstart a couple of times while covering exhaust.
Now pull it a couple more times with your thumb off of the exhaust. now undo the glow plug like half a turn.
Turn on the radio and the receiver.
Place the fully harged igniter on the plug and pull the starter in short twigs remember its not a weed eater. Short pulls (about 8") should get it going.
Ok, I preheated the engine with a hair dryer, followed all of your steps, and it will not start, not even close. I thought maybe it was the ignitor, but I put the ignitor on mine and it fired right up. the HSP and LSP are factory (2.5 turns & 6.5 turns respectively), and im eyeballing it, but the idle screw is set so the spacing looks to be 1mm. Any idea why It wont start now?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:09 PM
madmax22

Ok, so went to the track, it was dry as a bone, so that sucked badly, the engine isnt quite tuned right, all stock, pipe too ;( and no wing. So does the truggy extended mount wing make that much differnece? I hope so because as it is, its always wanting to point the nose straight down. Hoping once I can get the extended wing mount and a wing that straightens out. Any thoughts on that? I really loved the way a few of the Losi truggy's flew nice and flat, and hope to get this one to do the same.

Yea once you put the wing and wingmount on it will even out. also if the nose is pointing down in the air tap the throttle that will even it out. if is going to land on the rear tap the break.

Ok, I preheated the engine with a hair dryer, followed all of your steps, and it will not start, not even close. I thought maybe it was the ignitor, but I put the ignitor on mine and it fired right up. the HSP and LSP are factory (2.5 turns & 6.5 turns respectively), and im eyeballing it, but the idle screw is set so the spacing looks to be 1mm. Any idea why It wont start now?
Is it a bad plug? When trying to start give it some gas. Also did you prime it? try putting a little fuel directly into the carb if it still wont fire.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:36 PM
JChrisjohn

does anyone know where I can get a carbon fiber top plate, or do they not make one?
Old 03-16-2008, 06:00 PM
ericem

Which top plate? For the receiver? or front brace where the steering rack is, or center diff where man! LOL.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM
JChrisjohn

servo saver top plate the others are easy to find.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 PM
madmax22

they make one. I duuno where ill search Amain.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
ericem

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...+plate&x=0&y=0
Old 03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
madmax22

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2612
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2527
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2526

Thanks ericem
Old 03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
JChrisjohn

what did you search under so the parts for s 3 will fit st-1.

oh ran the truck today less than one gallon and what do you know the center diff I beleive is out just revs up but know movement very little if you pick the truck up. anyone have a link to a rebuild kit.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM
JChrisjohn

why can't you get it in the color all the rest are in regular carbon fiber color?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:38 PM
ericem

Hmm if the truck doesn't move look at the set screws VERYYYYYYYYYYYY unlikely a diff went out. There is a set screw for the front and rear differential cups. The ones in the middle.

Not sure why about the carbon fiber. Titanium looks pretty good.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2612
Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
xjqkz

ORIGINAL: Pexeter

I don't think the opening should be 5mm....its more like 1mm, thats probably why when it starts you hear that high pitch sound. set it back to 1mm, lsn and hsn back to factory you can even lean out the hsn half a turn.

First make sure the radio and the receiver are off open the throttle servo with your hand then pull the pullstart a couple of times while covering exhaust.
Now pull it a couple more times with your thumb off of the exhaust. now undo the glow plug like half a turn.
Turn on the radio and the receiver.
Place the fully harged igniter on the plug and pull the starter in short twigs remember its not a weed eater. Short pulls (about 8") should get it going.

Just remember the nitro engine needs three things to fire up gas, air and spark.
Watch this series of videos it explains a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKmJx65xg

Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 PM
JChrisjohn

you can spin any tire and the spur will turn
Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 PM
JChrisjohn

Ok I looked agin and the front left axle gone, no where to be found, whould this cause it to just rev up?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 PM
xjqkz

I'm thinking about ordering this:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ducts_id/19325

I'll mount it on top of my st-1 and when it jumps i'll just take off and complete the course hahaha
Old 03-16-2008, 09:42 PM
ericem

I'm thinking about ordering this:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ducts_id/19325

I'll mount it on top of my st-1 and when it jumps i'll just take off and complete the course hahaha
OMG i want that NOW That is so cheap!! I wonder how well it flies though??

@revo yes that is the problem. how in the world did it disappear lmao. They are cv's how is your wheels till there? I guess jsut the axle part came out not hte stub to.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:02 PM
ska8erj

hey guys i am in the process of sealing my engine and i was wondering how to remove the carburetor. i just cant figure it out.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 PM
xjqkz

At that price they are just giving it away. did you know that this price includes the battery and the charger. Laterally you can buy this and part it off on ebay and make money!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
chedster

To remove the carb use the 2mm hex I believe to loosen the hex screw at the base of the carb, The screw is actually attached to the engine. Then just twist the carb to loosen and pop it off.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 AM
ItchyBum

Wow i skip a day on here and when i come back iv missed about 5 pages lol.

Cherokee180c, from personal experience with these ST-1's, id highly recommend you get yourself a PRO kit if you are going to be racing. That way you can just put your own radio gear and engine/pipe combo on from the start. And you get to build it yourself which is a bonus since if you race you are going to be pulling it apart to change diff oils and cleaning and changing settings and all that stuff anyway and it makes it better and easier when your doing it to your own peice of work. Also whichever you buy, also buy a set of 80mm turnbuckles for the steering mod. A few companies make these so it doesnt really matter which ones you buy but preferrable 80mm exactly. I have the HPI 80x4mm turnbuckles and they are a perfect fit. I have an ST-1 PRO that i race and it can mix it with the best of them including the Mugen MBX5T, Hong Nor X1-CRT, Kyosho ST-R, Kastor K8T, Losi 8-T, Hyper ST to name a few that race at my track. Last meet i set the fastset lap of the day against all of those truggies. Dont worry about the ST-1 being competitive cause if that doesnt prove it is i dont know what will. And im the only one that hasnt broken anything

This is what i run:
TTR ST-1 PRO
Nosram RS.28 Monster EVO with LRP bumpstart backplate (Same engine LRP Spec.3 Truggy) with,
LRP Competition Spec. 2 Pipe EFRA#2063
RB Concept S7 .21 (Just got it, havent run yet)
Jammin JP-4 Pipe (same)
13, 15 and 16 tooth cluch bells
Optional 2 Speed (For bashing)
ACE Digital DS1015 on steering
Hitec 5645MG on throttle
AMBrc DP Personal Transponder (Optional luxury item, not entirely necessary but makes racing easier)
TTR S3 Front bumper
Mugen MBX5T Wheels Hub Extensions
Saxton's Steering Mod using HPI 80x4mm turnbuckles
Proline HoleShot LPRtyres and wheels
Little red external fuel filter for double filtering, and to hold a little bit more fuel for more runtime
Airtronics FHSS 2.4GHz radio and reciever
Intellect 1400mAh Stick Pack
Thunder Tiger Starter Box
600mm Long
445mm Wide
4300g +/- with a full tank
VERY F*****G FAST!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 AM
ItchyBum

Got a little bit of footage from the last track day. YouTube kept freezing up every time i tried to upload but it finally went through. Its just a short clip of me putting around before the start of a qualifier my dad took it but for some reason stopped filming with 1 minute to go before the start. I think he probably put it down to refuel me for the start or something and then forgot about it lol http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ip_NiHj74o It was a lot clearer before but youtube must have crapped the quality down a bit lol
Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 AM
ItchyBum

I cant wait to give this engine a run. Im going to try it with my LRP pipe first and then try the JP-4
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82874.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	905716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34754.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	905717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76776.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	905718  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.