Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Pexeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

Nice video Bum [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Here's what I've done with the back half of an acre that was previously all desert. Thats only about 5 hours work, by myself! It's pretty packed but Im hoping to find a roller to go over it with to get it to 100%. Too bad I cant get my cousins ST-1 running so we can run on it. We're planning on trying out the tips you gave me on getting it started today after work, im sure things wont go good, so i'll probably be back on asking more questions... I'll make a video as soon as we get his ST-1 running. He seems to think the times we got it semi-running the carb gap was bigger than 1mm, like around 3ish, but I told him even if thats the case we need to start at 1mm. Sometimes it doesnt seem the idle screw adjusts the carb gap, if we put the HSN and LSN to factory settings, how will we know when the idle needle is right? I've tried putting it in the same position as mine but it still didnt work. Oh, I forgot, the pics (for some reason I cant attach images, so I'll just direct link them) :

Before:

After:

This is the 3d render I made to get an idea, as you can see, there have been minor changes to some jumps, but is the same layout.

This is 'the pit' da da duh! I still have to clean it out, but its going to stay the same shape. Its meant to be driven through, not jumped over. You jump the doubles @ the bottom of the pic into it then launch off the mound on the other side.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:08 AM
truggy man

Cool track, pexeter. Not bad for 5 hours.
You have been mention 5mm. But its 0,5 mm to 1 mm which is correct for the carburator opening on idle.

Itchy: Have you tried out the 16 teeth clutcbell yet. (challenging track you have down there)
Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 AM
xjqkz

Wow can't believe you did all this in 5hrs....thats a lot of work to be done by one person. how did you flat out the track w/o a roller? Looks great though!! hey how about some gradients at the turns that will keep the speeds up
Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
chedster

Itchybum, how does the S3 bumper fit? You got a pic by chance, oh and nice truggy looks like you know how to race it
Old 03-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Pexeter

ORIGINAL: truggy man

Cool track, pexeter. Not bad for 5 hours.
You have been mention 5mm. But its 0,5 mm to 1 mm which is correct for the carburator opening on idle.

Itchy: Have you tried out the 16 teeth clutcbell yet. (challenging track you have down there)

Oooh, I dont know why my mind kept seeing 5mm instead of .5mm.

xjqkz: Yeah, I watered it down overnight, then an hour on the bobcat and 4 hours with a landscape rake (4ft wide, one side flat). Im going to clean up the dirt dividers, pack it down, and put a top layer of clay on the jumps to keep them firm. I'll definitely think about the turns, we're just starting out, so I dont know how fast we should be going right off!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
madmax22

loks good pex! can I come over? lol! What pogram is that? I have a MAC but i dont see it[8D]....

Ohh and does anyone know how to get oil stains off of paver stones???? Dad got mad b/c I was running rich when I stared and theres a spray mark in the middle of the patio.... woops....
Old 03-17-2008, 02:54 PM
chedster

Simple green and a scrub brush then spray off with hose
Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
madmax22

Ok sweet thanks! he is going to be happy happy happy! Will it dis-color it?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
chedster

no it wont. If the oil has been sitting there awhile it probably will not take it all out. But if it was recent it should take it all out.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:06 PM
madmax22

it was only a week or 2 ago ill go see what I can find....
Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
ericem

LOL my friends father killd him when that happened!! XD He was swearing to him in italian was so funny It goes away on its own usually though. Simple green is faster.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Pexeter

ORIGINAL: madmax22

loks good pex! can I come over? lol! What pogram is that? I have a MAC but i dont see it[8D]....

Ohh and does anyone know how to get oil stains off of paver stones???? Dad got mad b/c I was running rich when I stared and theres a spray mark in the middle of the patio.... woops....

Thanks, the program is Sketchup. It's pretty easy to use.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
xjqkz

I'd try nitro cleaner spray
Old 03-17-2008, 03:35 PM
madmax22

WOOHOOO!! ok i think i got the stain out I went out and could barely see them but I took simple green ans scrubed it w/ a hard brush and think it came out! K thank pex ill see what I can fish up!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
madmax22

LOL my friends father killd him when that happened!! XD He was swearing to him in italian was so funny It goes away on its own usually though. Simple green is faster.

LOL! My dad was like "Max...... How come there is a big oil stain on my patio that took my 3 days and almost broke my back doing?" "ME: Umm....... Wel when I started it it was running rich spitting oil and fuel all over the place." "Well if you dont get it out it WILL be the END of your nitro rc's" "Me: NOT THE RC'S!" lol think i got it out.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
ska8erj

ive tried as hard as i could to get my carb off and it wont budge. i took that screw all the was out and gripped the carb with pliers and still no movement at all. is there some kind of trick u ppl use?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:19 PM
chedster

Wow you should be able to twist with your hand and pop it right off
Old 03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: ska8erj

ive tried as hard as i could to get my carb off and it wont budge. i took that screw all the was out and gripped the carb with pliers and still no movement at all. is there some kind of trick u ppl use?
EEK!! Be careful lol I tried really hard once and ended up CRACKING the engine block. That is why I stocked using the stock motor. Try putting the screw in the tapping on it, you should see the piece on the other side come out, then after you get that it loose try and see if it loosened, THEN pop it all the way out and from the other end get a larger screw to pop out the piece.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:51 PM
dbuggyracer

where can i find info on the steering mode.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
chedster

Well it's ready to go got the new motor in and the mugen hubs on. gonna break it in as soon as finals are over. Big race next week!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80798.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	906007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46746.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	906008  
Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Pexeter

Ok, like I said were back. But with good news...we're half way through break in, but during the part where we adjust top performance/lean it out its drastically slowing about midrange and if I hold the throttle past that it dies. I didnt notice a change in smoke though. We leaned out the HSN 2 more 1/8 turns, but now it cuts out a lot sooner, like within 2 seconds. Where do we go from here?

Ok, it was way too lean. It was 1.5 turns from totally in. I have no clue how it got there, but we ran the first tank about 2 turns out, is that ok? Do we have to redo the first tank at a richer setting?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
malloy

I've been lurking in the ST-1 thread for awhile now. I think i'm going to purchase one this week from A-MAIN..Here is my questions.. I already have a spektrum and I have a JR9000T high torque servo.. (I race a revo right now) What else should i order when i get this thing. I already saw the wing, but is there anything else..

Also looking through the thread I saw there were some small issues with the st-1.. anyone have any setup ideas so i can race this thing out of the box... thanks for your help in advance

Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: malloy

I've been lurking in the ST-1 thread for awhile now. I think i'm going to purchase one this week from A-MAIN..Here is my questions.. I already have a spektrum and I have a JR9000T high torque servo.. (I race a revo right now) What else should i order when i get this thing. I already saw the wing, but is there anything else..

Also looking through the thread I saw there were some small issues with the st-1.. anyone have any setup ideas so i can race this thing out of the box... thanks for your help in advance

Find out what popular wheels people are running at your local track. Other then that be careful with the pullstart, better yet look into a bumpstarter. If you have the upgraded radio gear its all good then. I am sure the motor will be fine. You might still want to try something better though if you find you can't clear some jumps or something like that.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Pexeter

ORIGINAL: ericem

ORIGINAL: malloy

Find out what popular wheels people are running at your local track. Other then that be careful with the pullstart, better yet look into a bumpstarter. If you have the upgraded radio gear its all good then. I am sure the motor will be fine. You might still want to try something better though if you find you can't clear some jumps or something like that.

Hey Eric!! You skipped over my post?! lol...any advice, im looking to get back out there finish breaking it in
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
madmax22

IM still using the pull start!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.