Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
ericem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

problem is you sell it then wish you kept it. Don't worry about owning a ST-1 though you will sell it but eventually you will get another lmao.

Here is how my ST-1 looks currently and it is running this new mill

More pics (in car pics are my friends will shoot some new pics of the engine in my car after I clean it up a bit.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...cem/Rc%20cars/

BTW these pics were all taken with my Nokia N95
Old 08-30-2008, 09:21 PM
calvino

what tires are those, crimefighter MT's
Old 08-30-2008, 09:28 PM
DS

can someone tell me about the steering servo saver or show me a picture of what it is?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
calvino

the red arrow points to the servo saver
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36248.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1022578  
Old 08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: calvino

what tires are those, crimefighter MT's
yup 1/2 offset.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:02 AM
DS

ok now do i srew in the screw tight sitting on top, or i turn the silver thing?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 AM
The Hedgehog

LOL ^^^^
Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
DS

[:@]yo its not funny, i really need info
Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 AM
ericem

Turn the silver thing man!! Ill get close ups with arrows and such.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:31 AM
ericem

Just turn the silver ring so it goes UP therefore compressing the spring! Simple man.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:21 PM
calvino

ugh, im gettin FED UP with my tigerdrive, i swear, the screws that hold the stock pull start on are rubbish, and TTR seems to have striped one out 9threads)..... mmm lookin more and more like box (i will try longer screws with bolts.... what a nightmeare), IF i did break down and get a box, what do i need, can i just stick on the old pull start "cover" with no internals to keep it clean..... or what
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM
ericem

ugh, im gettin FED UP with my tigerdrive, i swear, the screws that hold the stock pull start on are rubbish, and TTR seems to have striped one out 9threads)..... mmm lookin more and more like box (i will try longer screws with bolts.... what a nightmeare), IF i did break down and get a box, what do i need, can i just stick on the old pull start "cover" with no internals to keep it clean..... or what
Yes technically you can! Just get a box lol man i went through this with a hyper 7 and with my ST-1 it just wast worth the headaches and the money I had spent on pullstarters rotostarters and one way bearings.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: ericem

Yes technically you can! Just get a box lol man i went through this with a hyper 7 and with my ST-1 it just wast worth the headaches and the money I had spent on pullstarters rotostarters and one way bearings.
the thing that has me the most ticked off is the design of the tigerdrive, good idea, crappy design if you asked me, i had to hack the crap outa this thing to make it work.... (tryin to stay calm), my neighbor was nice enough to loan me his rotostart (for his savage) but its a pain in the rear to feed the "shaft in" and then get it, align it... blah blah blah, its a pain, ok, i guess ill slap down the giant wad for a box (or ask for it on my b-day, in a few days), any good low cost ones, i want a good one, but not a "huge price" one [&:]
Old 08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: st1_racer

[:@]yo its not funny, i really need info
Yeah it's hilarious LOL. See the spring?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:13 PM
calvino

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUC7&P=7 is that a good box, not so expensive after all, and ive got 12V lead acids commin out my EARS (litearally)
Old 08-31-2008, 03:27 PM
ericem

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUC7&P=7 is that a good box, not so expensive after all, and ive got 12V lead acids commin out my EARS (litearally)
Yup all my friends use it amazing box insane power can start pretty much anything. Very small to so don't be worried about carrying it around. It is more made for two 7.2V stick packs. BUT if you have a small 12v gel cell it does fit as well jsut need to figure out a way to hold it in place.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM
misasi

ok guys i have some good news. i may have acess to a cnc machine so im going to prototype some parts for the st1 since there is no after market support. what would you guys like to see made for the truck?

on my list im going to make a lightened ackerman plate for the saxton mod, and an aluminum extended wing mount[i noticed the truck is a tad bit nose heavy so thats why i want to use aluminum.].
Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: misasi

ok guys i have some good news. i may have acess to a cnc machine so im going to prototype some parts for the st1 since there is no after market support. what would you guys like to see made for the truck?

on my list im going to make a lightened ackerman plate for the saxton mod, and an aluminum extended wing mount[i noticed the truck is a tad bit nose heavy so thats why i want to use aluminum.].
Those are some top items as well as a front brace. The one that goes from the top plate to the chassis that is currently a steering rod. Those are the only real things I can think of. Be great to see how it all performs!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 PM
madmax22

you should make an electric motor mount for it[8D] yea i duuno if imma sell it the savage has me on my toes, i love it and the heli is mad fun to play with[:@] i duuno!! i think im going to take the tiger out tomorrow tune her up and beat her again
Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 PM
calvino

Yup all my friends use it amazing box insane power can start pretty much anything. Very small to so don't be worried about carrying it around. It is more made for two 7.2V stick packs. BUT if you have a small 12v gel cell it does fit as well jsut need to figure out a way to hold it in place.
hehe, velcro..... ok, sounds good, what works better, velcro or 2 stick packs (mmm gota get one back from a friend), i think ill use the old expression "throw a little $$$$$$$$$$ at the prob, aka, box, i have to say, roto = pain, ookie, i think ill keep the tigerdrive on, just take the "guts" out, seal up the hole, and put it on as an extension of the car to keep things nice n cool, should i seal it up to keep things runnin cooler, or skip it[&:], mmmm new tires, naw
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
madmax22

the gel cell will work better, longer life before charging but the stick packs are fine. i'd seal the engine if you can. new tires sound nice, you could always send them to me for no fee if you dont like them
Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
ericem

The backplate should be sealed the shaft comes out from inside the motor so it is sealed, realistically you don't need anything there no pullstart or rotostart lol. With that ofna box it only has one small well lets just say not soo huge motor yet it is sooo fast and powerful its so weird. Either way you will be fine. Give the 12v gel cell a shot if you have it see if you like it, if not then go with 7.2v since it is way lighter with the 7.2v.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 PM
calvino

ok, lill give the roto 1 last chance, get some longer hex screws and some 'nylock' nuts, and try that out, if THAT fail, im jumpin on tower, and gettn me a box, mmm well see, roto is a pain in the but [:'(], im allways worried ill break some crap with it, ya, ill "save the engine" and get the ofna box, more expensive, less work, what i meant by seal it up on the end was, the pull start "case" with all the "guts" removed, just to act like a seal, the Ofna box has 1, 705 size motor, go figure, makes more sense over 2 550 motors [8D]
Old 08-31-2008, 10:06 PM
ericem

Has plenty of power. You don't really need any backplate like I said. You can leave the pullstart backplate off completely technically.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 PM
calvino

Has plenty of power. You don't really need any backplate like I said. You can leave the pullstart backplate off completely technically.
ok, ya, im fed up with the roto, im sooo scared every time i turn the engine over that its goin to jam, and destroy it..... so i think ill throw some big $$$$ and get a box, do i need to widen the chasis slightly around the flywheel to make it easier to get the wheel on it, or "do as you go"???, ill seal up my backplate next time i am workin on the truggy, also, i sound like a dork, but what size allen key is used to loosen up the bolts on the ENGINE side of the mounts, i lost mine somewhere like a dork[:'(]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.