Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
bronx boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

you guys have to know how to shop ultimate is famous for these psycho sales on odd ball holidays and in the middle of the nite i got a lightning stadium pro rtr last year i think it was april fools day for about 289 ive gotten many good deals just keep checking their specials
Old 01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
kbreese

fourwheels -

Actually I was wrong, the difference @ the $219 price was actually an $80 difference, not $70.

Even @ Ultimates current price of $249, that is still $50 cheaper than Amain, b/c Amain charges $25 for freight! Ultimate is free freight. So as of right now Amain is $265 + $25 freight = $290, and that is WITH the discount code of $25 off (St-1 is $290 without it). So thats a $50 difference.

If they won't price match, I will probably return it and order from Ultimate Hobbies, unless they try and screw me with restocking fees, in which case I will never order from them again. because at that point the whole 100% satisfaction guarantee thing would be total BS! Who the heck cares if they don't have a lot of pictures on their site, lol. Look at the pictures of it here or anywhere. Buy it there and save $50!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Matt (12 year old rc fanatic)

just out of curiosity i was wondering if anyone here has tried 40 series tires on their ST-1
i just wanted a set of bash tires so i was thinking of the moabs
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLPW5&P=7
or the mashers
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEWT0&P=7
i was wondering if they were too big and heavy and weighed the truck down too much
Old 01-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Muswagon

ORIGINAL: kbreese

fourwheels -

Actually I was wrong, the difference @ the $219 price was actually an $80 difference, not $70.

Even @ Ultimates current price of $249, that is still $50 cheaper than Amain, b/c Amain charges $25 for freight! Ultimate is free freight. So as of right now Amain is $265 + $25 freight = $290, and that is WITH the discount code of $25 off (St-1 is $290 without it). So thats a $50 difference.

If they won't price match, I will probably return it and order from Ultimate Hobbies, unless they try and screw me with restocking fees, in which case I will never order from them again. because at that point the whole 100% satisfaction guarantee thing would be total BS! Who the heck cares if they don't have a lot of pictures on their site, lol. Look at the pictures of it here or anywhere. Buy it there and save $50!
Thats a pretty ignorant way of looking at things. Of course they will charge you a restocking fee, you can't use Amain as a worst case scenario and return it once you find a better deal for free. Focus on the fact that the truck is dirt cheap already at Amain, and even cheaper at Ultimate. Shop around before you buy, not afterwards.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
jombo

those tires are huge , i have a few sets and wouldnt recommend running them. i use them on my monster trucks because they can handle the extra weight. i can take a pic of them if you want but i dont even think 40 series tires fit on the st1 ie steering lock back and forth
Old 01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

kbreese go ahead and do what you want. if $50 means THAT much to you then your in the wrong hobby pal. you'll blow alot more money than that IF you stay with this hobby. but hey who am i. i've only bought and sold this stuff for the past 6-7yrs kept our local track stocked in parts and fuel (when we didn't have a local shop ) and had more r/c's than i care to mention. so go ahead and send it back but don't ask for a lot of help here from us.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
jombo

here are some pics so dont order them it wont work their too big and hit the steering arm the white ones are the losi 420 with a deep offset and the other are 40 from xtm 17mm hex and aldo hit but the losi with the half offset fit best. looks cool but really inpractible for bashing or driving

Old 01-01-2008, 11:22 PM
kbreese

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

kbreese go ahead and do what you want. if $50 means THAT much to you then your in the wrong hobby pal. you'll blow alot more money than that IF you stay with this hobby. but hey who am i. i've only bought and sold this stuff for the past 6-7yrs kept our local track stocked in parts and fuel (when we didn't have a local shop ) and had more r/c's than i care to mention. so go ahead and send it back but don't ask for a lot of help here from us.
Are you serious with this crap? So if I want to save $50 no one here will help me anymore? And you speak for everone?is this whole thread all people who work for Amain?? LOL.
Actually I spend 10's of $1000's on my REAL cars for about 18 years, but I still like to be smart with my money. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:41 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no i don't speak for everyone but i'm sure most would agree with me. if it's that big of a deal to you go back to your REAL cars. well you obviously know nothing about this hobby but yet you get mad when people try to help. as for me i will not try to help you anymore.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 AM

common guys please stop arguing
these hobby is for people to enjoy
if saving $50 means that much to you then by all means go ahead and do it
listen to yourselves. you sound like little kids arguing on whose car is better than one anothers
Old 01-02-2008, 12:59 AM
kbreese

I'm sorry but I dont think I got mad at anyone trying to help me. Why would I do that? I don't see where you tried to help me. All I saw you do was give a plug for Amain. I'm sorry that you think I am being wrong for wanting to save money. To each their own...

I also don't understand what you guys mean "if it means that much to you" You act as if I am giving up so much for $50. I don't get it??
Old 01-02-2008, 01:16 AM
ItchyBum

Kbreese nobody is saying your wrong for wanting to save your $50 or so, its just that your carrying on like a pork chop over it. And one would think that after your last post where you said youd spent 10's of thousands on your real cars, that $50 on one of these would not be too much of a problem. Im only 22 and im not rich, but do you hear me crying to everyone about my wasted money? Im not attacking you man but dont be such a tight *****
Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 AM
kbreese

I know what you mean man, but its a pet peeve of mine, lol. I always make it a point to research and get the best deal. I look at this in terms of scale (no pun intended) but $70 is like a large % of the total deal here. If I was buying a $2000 part and I later found it to be $1930 it wouldnt be a big deal

And I am so tight rigth now it isn't funny. my GF and I bought a house just 2 years ago. $3k a month mortgage, and with gas prices, home heating oil, elcriticity etc etc through the roof...hell we pay $100 just for the damn water bill!...Rising taxes etc etc. LI is VERY expensive by the way...and the wages here are no better than places that are cheap to live....it means every penny counts nowadays...
Old 01-02-2008, 02:28 AM
88 STEELERS

Lol gas prices, try live in hawaii. everybody thinks wow its paradise, living in 2 rm apt less than 700 sf at $1300 a month rent and high cost of living, oh yea paradise. buy the way regular gas is 3.34 gallon. on the bright side its nice weather
Old 01-02-2008, 03:17 AM

gas cost about the same in san diego but is supposed to go up to 3.70 soon
but at least there is good weather here too
Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 AM
ItchyBum

Your right man i apologise, who am i to judge[&o]
Old 01-02-2008, 06:35 AM
ItchyBum

40 series wheels and tyres do fit you just need to use 1/2 offset wheels, but you need a .28 with a longer stroke or a .30 or .32 or something if you want to run chunky MT tyres. But if your only going to use the lighter racing tyres you probably wont notice the performance difference too much, and your wheels wont balloon as much either
Old 01-02-2008, 10:43 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: kbreese

I'm sorry but I dont think I got mad at anyone trying to help me. Why would I do that? I don't see where you tried to help me. All I saw you do was give a plug for Amain. I'm sorry that you think I am being wrong for wanting to save money. To each their own...

I also don't understand what you guys mean "if it means that much to you" You act as if I am giving up so much for $50. I don't get it??

to be fair they'd probably charge you shipping both ways to return it, which would eat up just about all of your $50 "savings"

it's too small of a dollar amount to make that much of a fuss over
Old 01-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Njord

40 series wheels can be though on the clutch system and motor of a truggy that is designed and build to be a race truggy. In the past the Losi Muggy that normally will come with 40 serie wheels had a lot of problems with its clutch not lasting more than 1 or 2,3 tanks . Changing the tires to truggy tires and the clutchproblems were gone. The same clutch will last voor 2 gallons or even more. Than a Muggy is not only a good stable racetruggy but also great for bashing. But saying this: A st-1 fitts me more[sm=wink_smile.gif].

While making a review of the RC8 buggy TWF8 found out that the 'great driving train' of the RC8 is the same of the ST-1!!! [sm=49_49.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif] What about original design of AE.The review will be published after a few races somewhere in February/March I think.

Here a link to a vid of the last international indoor truggy race in the Netherlands. [link=http://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/frakke393/truggy_cup_mpg.aspx]indoor truggy cup[/link]. The vid is made by Frakke, a belgium rc and video fanatic. Frakke is his rc-nickname, Raf van Dijk officially.

PS: Why so much of non-topic related discussion on a few more or less money spending on a truggy. Most posts in the last months are about where to get the cheapest one and discussing about 50 dollars more ore less this is not the place to do that in my opinion. A truggy like the st-1 under $ 300 is always a good buy! Be glad that you can drive one. This is a st-1 tread and focussing on the fun, driving, parts, hopups, helping each other with questions or fixing problems should be te focus. Otherwise this treath will die in the mud.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
way2fastrcz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Njord

40 series wheels can be though on the clutch system and motor of a truggy that is designed and build to be a race truggy. In the past the Losi Muggy that normally will come with 40 serie wheels had a lot of problems with its clutch not lasting more than 1 or 2,3 tanks . Changing the tires to truggy tires and the clutchproblems were gone. The same clutch will last voor 2 gallons or even more. Than a Muggy is not only a good stable racetruggy but also great for bashing. But saying this: A st-1 fitts me more[sm=wink_smile.gif].

While making a review of the RC8 buggy TWF8 found out that the 'great driving train' of the RC8 is the same of the ST-1!!! [sm=49_49.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif] What about original design of AE.The review will be published after a few races somewhere in February/March I think.

Here a link to a vid of the last international indoor truggy race in the Netherlands. [link=http://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/frakke393/truggy_cup_mpg.aspx]indoor truggy cup[/link]. The vid is made by Frakke, a belgium rc and video fanatic. Frakke is his rc-nickname, Raf van Dijk officially.

PS: Why so much of non-topic related discussion on a few more or less money spending on a truggy. Most posts in the last months are about where to get the cheapest one and discussing about 50 dollars more ore less this is not the place to do that in my opinion. A truggy like the st-1 under $ 300 is always a good buy! Be glad that you can drive one. This is a st-1 tread and focussing on the fun, driving, parts, hopups, helping each other with questions or fixing problems should be te focus. Otherwise this treath will die in the mud.

Well said! I agree...this thread should be about helping eachother out. I don't mind a few rants but the focus should be on the topics of having fun and running the ST-1 regardless of what price you paid. Nobody here should feel bad. My first ST-1 cost me $640 cdn. plus tax!!! I purchased my Pro version for $500 and I couldn't resist the price of my newest ST-1 RTR for only $280 shipped! All in all it's an excellent, durable truggy for a great price. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:46 PM
madmax22

OK well bak to the thunder tiger........... I got home from school and looked at the temp and 18 degrees!!!!!i might put my carhart and mittens on LOL. i just want to run it again.....[] its too clean!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
madmax22

ok well I put a tank through it and it wasssss COLD!!!!![&:] i think my batt was dyeing in my radio and receiver pack b/c everything just got slow throttle and steering so its on the charger right now.

found a good deal $235!!!!http://cgi.ebay.com/Thunder-Tiger-ST...sid=p1638.m124
Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
jombo

i know this is a bit off topic but it think it will help some of us out including me.
i got a r2 d2 for christmas from sharper image and returned it for this one of the best 100.00 i ever spent (besides the st1 )

its water proof up to 3 yards or meters and can be mounted on the st1 or a helmet or straped to your head or trypod (sold seperatly) id also holds a 2 gig sd card or use the internal memory 32 mb
anyway thought it would help out anyone like me that dosent have a second person to video tape for you
Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 PM
ericem

Now its $335.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
jombo

that pic is actual size well at least on my computer screen, its 3-1/2 inches long and 1-1/2 inches round

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.