Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 01-04-2008, 10:56 PM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

I sure love them and Im glad I got one before they get popular because we all know that the prices are going to go way up and if anyone bought one from a main they got the deal of a lifetime.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 AM
way2fastrcz
My Feedback: (1)

Here are some pics of my ST-1 pro and my RTR version. The pro will be for racing and the RTR will be for bashing! Now, I just have to clean up my S3 and finish my new Hyper 8.5. Then I'll take some pics of my 1/8 buggies

The Pro has a Werks .28 with a hard anodized JP-1 and a Werks clutch. It also has a few extra red TTR parts that don't come in the pro kit.
The RTR has an extended wing mount, TT aluminum clutch shoes and a 2035 tuned pipe.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 AM
way2fastrcz

Some pictures of another body I airbrushed and used to own...friend of mine bought it from me..

Old 01-05-2008, 10:35 AM
jombo

very nice way2fas****
Old 01-05-2008, 11:19 AM
madmax22

nice truggy's what body is on your pro????? i really like it!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
way2fastrcz

ORIGINAL: jombo

very nice way2fas****
Thanks!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:40 AM
way2fastrcz

ORIGINAL: madmax22

nice truggy's what body is on your pro????? i really like it!
The first pictures of my Pro have the stock ST-1 body. The second set of pics have a majestic body. The Majestic bodies are super thick and durable...much thicker than the stock ST-1 body.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
jombo

how often do you race, whats your secrets
Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 PM
way2fastrcz

ORIGINAL: jombo

how often do you race, whats your secrets
Hi,
I haven't raced much this past year but when I did, I mostly raced my 1/8 buggy (TTR S3) and my monster truck. But I've sold my MT's and now want to focus on buggy and truggy. All I can say is prep time and setup is more important than the equipment you have. Just because some racers have top-notch equipment (cars, engines etc) doesn't mean he/she will finish in first place in the main!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:32 PM
madmax22

well I race bicycles and its all about the rider and not the gear. the gear helps some but its mostly the rider. in this case its all about the driver well mostly. peace
Old 01-05-2008, 01:50 PM
kbreese

With that said, how doe the St-1 stand up to other more expensive race truggy's like the HPI Hellfire and CEN Arena TR....
Old 01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
madmax22

hell fire is a 2wd stadium truck..... and for the $$ for the ST-1 it will hang in there with little upgrades like to the motor and pipe. the more expensive truggys may be better out of the box but like i said it will most likely hang in there.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
way2fastrcz

ORIGINAL: madmax22

hell fire is a 2wd stadium truck..... and for the $$ for the ST-1 it will hang in there with little upgrades like to the motor and pipe. the more expensive truggys may be better out of the box but like i said it will most likely hang in there.
The Hellfire is a 1/8 scale 4wd truggy! I think their 2wd 1/10 stadium truck is the firestorm.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
way2fastrcz

The ST-1 can hang with the best of them. It's durable, has great steering and suspension so it's as good as some of the high dollar truggies out there. The ST-1 is under-rated which is too bad cause it's a great truggy for a great price...especially if you are purchasing the RTR. Heck I remember seeing the Pro version on sale at A-main awhile ago for $380! That's a great deal considering I paid over $500 here in Canada for it.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
madmax22

ohh sorry i was thinkng the fire storm....... lol
Old 01-05-2008, 05:01 PM
kbreese

Howabout motor-wise? Is it slower than the CEN or Hellfire? - Just curious.

madmax, its ok I used to get them confused to..b/c they both have "fire" in their names...
Old 01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Njord

I have a Kyosho Inferno st-RR and a ST-1. The st-RR is standard for so far and the ST-1 I upgraded with HongNor Big Bores (16 mm, I think it is the same as the Jammin or so called Ofna in the US), mugen prospec wheel hubs. I drive both with a V-spec. The biggest difference = $$$. Before I upgraded the ST-1 with BB I preferred the st-RR for racing and the ST-1 for durability. The ST-1 was my 'backup'. I noticed that the BB makes the ST-1 far more competitive, maybe it will suit me better than the st-RR. I've driven the Inferno st-R before a few times and although it is only a feeling it seems that a shorter buth wide wheel base fitts my driving style more. In the coming months I will figure out which one suits me best.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:06 PM
spikeman

Well it's a good long lasting engine. I got 10 gallons out of it in another car. however the matrix engine probably has more power and the hellfire might.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Njord

ORIGINAL: spikeman

Well it's a good long lasting engine. I got 10 gallons out of it in another car. however the matrix engine probably has more power and the hellfire might.
The difference in the RTR motor's is not that big. Quality of the TT is for sure good and when you put a TT 2035 or a JP1 pipe on it is as competitive as high end motors on a short technical track. It is not the top-speed or the last 10% of some extra power that will give you better track times. The way the car handles and the 'man which is in control of the wheel and the trigger' is responsible for that. Car handling of a st-1 is much better than a hellfire. A CEN matrix is for me a questionmark. I don't know this one really.
For competition I prefer a .21 v-spec for the fuelmilage (not for the durability..). It also rev's higher. I will give a GO 5+2 ports a try in the coming year because of the good experience of others with this engine. It is competitive to the v-spec buth should be more durable.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Njord

TT has a really good name in Europe for plaines and heli's. It is different for cars. I don't know why a lot of people in the US think that TT is popular in car's in Europe. The st-1 made a very good entrance in the 2006 competition's but TT didn't really made profit of it. The TT team drivers started the 2007 competition with Kyosho st-R and most endend with a st-RR. Now TT europe makes a very good entry in the buggy market with the AE RC8. It looks like that the marketing of TT in cars is focussing on the AE label for the premium/high end market and the TT label for the mainstream - budget but good quality - market. The RC8 is really taken off here and AE is becoming one of the dominating brands in 1:8 buggyland as it already is in the 1:10 market.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Snaut Rocket

Hey you think if they come out with a Rc8 truggy that will drop the price of the St1.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Njord

Even lower than the prices some places are selling them for now? Whit the $ 289 at amain's it is already a real bargain. I think they already dropped the prices to make market for the RC8T. The ST-1 at the moment is on top of the selling list of amain at the moment and that is only 1 of the 3 colours that come in 2 package types = 6........
In Europe they dropped the prices also but not as far as in the US. With the low dollar at the moment I buy a lot of stuff in the US. A US cliënt whill take a ST-1 and a Spectrum DX 3.0 for me when he will visite a tradeshow in Germany 18 januari.
Looking to the RC8 introduction I don't think the AE successor will be really high priced also. The RC8 has come in the market with already a competitive price when you compare it to the big labels als Kyosho, Mugen and Losi. TT already has proved to make really good quality stuff and next to AE label and the innovative thinking of AE they have also redesigned their marketing in a succesfull way.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:48 PM
ItchyBum

Nice truggy's there way2fas****, i like your PRO kit, im interested in how it goes with that motor and pipe. Also what weight diff oils are you running? I went 7k-10k-3k in mine but after driving it for a while and the torque my motor puts out i think it needs more like 10k-20k-5k. It just sends all the power to the front wheels and dinnerplates them like crazy and slightly pulling to one side whenever i put the power on at low speeds and doesnt really get traction until it builds up enough speed and then it gives some power back to the rear wheels. But by then its time to brake for a corner and do it all again. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
ItchyBum

I think i should probably use 10k-30k-5k, im sending my spare NOSRAM RS28 EVO away to be modified and im putting the LRP #2063 Comp. spec 2 exhaust on it. The guy doing it says that by removing the pullstart assembly and using the bumpstart backplate and running the LRP pipe set, he can get around 40% performance increase with his midifications. He wants me to send him a video when iv got it installed. He told me he did the same engine for a savage a few months back but with a rotostart and standard pipe and it was insane and he thinks that on a lightweight ST-1 PRO truggy if i installed the 2 speed it should smoke a jato! I just laughed, i cant wait to get it back and test it out. Not sure if they'd let me back on the track but. Oh well
Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
way2fastrcz

ORIGINAL: ItchyBum

Nice truggy's there way2fas****, i like your PRO kit, im interested in how it goes with that motor and pipe. Also what weight diff oils are you running? I went 7k-10k-3k in mine but after driving it for a while and the torque my motor puts out i think it needs more like 10k-20k-5k. It just sends all the power to the front wheels and dinnerplates them like crazy and slightly pulling to one side whenever i put the power on at low speeds and doesnt really get traction until it builds up enough speed and then it gives some power back to the rear wheels. But by then its time to brake for a corner and do it all again. Does anyone else have this problem?
Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken I went 7k front, 30k center and 3k rear. I'll let you know how she goes with the Werks .28 and JP-1 pipe. If the tires still ballon up, I might try a thicker center diff oil but I think 30k should do it. In your case, change out your center diff oil and take it from there. I used to run my old truggies at 50k center but I think that maybe a little too thick...at 50k I never had the tires ballon up or diff unloading in the front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.