Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Hellfire and Hitec Problem!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hellfire and Hitec Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:22 PM
ctkunde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellfire and Hitec Problem!

I want to warn everybody that the Hitec 5997TG will not fit into the Hellfire's normal servo bracket, the casing is to big. I have, however, squeezed it into the tight space and left the bottom screws of one side of the bracket off. So far it seems to be holding itself inplace, though who knows how long. If anyone has had this problem please let me know of any solutions.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Dnell

Default RE: Hellfire and Hitec Problem!

You should really try to get those screw in. It's not a good idea to leave things unsecure because of the amount of virabtion the kit is subject to.

Is is possible to get a file to widen the opening or is the whole servo, width and depth too big?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:49 PM
ctkunde

It's just the width that is to big, but if I file to much on the sides I will damage the screw holes. As far as the two screws on the bottom I not sire now that it will hurt. All four screws are in the top along with two in the bottom. Also all four of the servo screws are attached. It dosn't budge one bit. I know for some people though, it is frustrating when things do not fit perfectly. If I have any problems I will let you know.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:48 AM
ctkunde

I just thought I would update this thread. It has been a couple of months since I put the Hitec into my hellfire and I've had absolutly no problems with it. I recommend the Hitec 5997-tg to anyone who is serious about rc.