Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

how are they?

Old 06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
peed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how are they?

hey guys, well i bought a jato a year ago, but since i wanted a bigger truck, my brother has a lst, i was thinking of buying one, but i always liked truggies, but how are they?, i know they are great races, but are they good bashers, do they break a lot?, can they take a beating?

thanks in advance

ALEx.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Dnell

Default RE: how are they?

Here's a copy of my response to a similar question over on truggyracer.com

I've been bashing my CRT off and on since November. I'm an old school basher, you know, the stuff you see with XXX Main and SlapMaFro, BIIIG AIR and back flips, front flips, skate parks and bmx tracks, that kind of stuff.

I really wouldn't recommend the CRT RTR for this kind of stuff. It's fun as hell but can get expensive. You'll should consider the Pro because the 7075 chassis is more durable and it already has the CNC parts that make it, IMO, so durable. I haven't bent my chassis yet and you'll need the Z brace as well. IMO, it's a track tool really. The standard steering servo on the RTR could do with changing tool.

If you like the idea of a truggy to bash with, I'd recommend a Hellfire. The reason is HPI thought a section of their buyers would just use it to howl around having a small bash and a laugh so it's built with that in mind. The shocks have more travel and replacement parts are a little cheaper. My friend has broken fewer parts than me bashing his Hellfire that's why I brought it up. The Lightning Stadium Pro R should be considered as well. The CNC upgrades and the 7075 chassis over the Pro makes it pretty bombproof as well. I had a LSP which I upgraded with KingHeadz parts, http://www.kingheadz.com/. It turned out to be pretty bombproofl. (just other truggy candidates that I consider to be a bit more robust). I know the Hellfire got off to a rocky start with the A-Arms and Hinge Pin Holders but from what I read and what my friend has gone through, the problems have been address and HPI is honouring warranty claims.

On the other hand, if you just want to have a bash and a bucket full of fun and laughs, I'd recommend the LST2. If buy some chance you manage to break an A-Arm, replace them with the RPM items upgrade the RPM turnbuckles and you'll have a nearly bulletproof truck. The LST can turn it's hand to racing quickly too, order in some Sway Bars and Forward Only Conversion and you're set. The stock LST2 tires are pretty good for racing as well, but a set of Panther Komodos stretch over the stock wheel will make it more responsive. The 40 series Proline tires fit over the stock wheels too.

I've had the Savage SS and I'd agree they can take some serious hammering. Since you've been there, I think it's worth giving the LST a try. When I bought my LST, my Savage became a shelf queen and subsequently got sold on.

I'm speaking from direct experience with the two and the LST, IMO, is the way to go, definately.
http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...ode=01&img=721

You've already got the nitro bug and I'm sure you'll be looking to add to your collection by Xmas. By then I suspect there will be a downward price shift on the truggies

I'm not saying the CRT RTR isn't tough because it is, I just think it's 'track tough' not 'bash tough'. When I bash, I don't stop until I run out of fuel, batteries or break stuff. I've broken more stuff on the CRT than I ever have on my LST#3347. When you bash you've got to except a certain amount of breakages and the LST2 is closer to the Savage in durability and realiablity than any truggy will ever be. In my Experience
Old 06-30-2006, 03:23 PM
peed

well i thought about the lst2 i like it my brother has one and it is awesome, just some weakpoints, but ive been searching about the new losi truggy, i believe it is going to be awesome,tough, good basher because it is made(the prototype) from parts of the lst, do you know anything about this, realease date?, kit or rtr?

http://www.realrc.net/images/news/lo...gy_proto_1.jpg

http://www.realrc.net/images/news/lo...gy_proto_2.jpg
Old 06-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Dnell

do you know anything about this, realease date?, kit or rtr?
It's being call a Muggy. Quite a few rumours around and a prototype has been being race by Drake. I believe it won it's last outing. There's been no confirmation that Losi is actually going to build it but the prototype seems quite advanced in it's development.

If the past is anything to go by, when prototypes are seen regularly, the production truck is a season away so I wouldn't think we'll see it this year, at the earliest, I would think toward the end of this year. The mags have talked about it so time will tell.

As for weak points on kits, every kit will have some weak point the manufacturer missed or someone discovers so never let talk of weak points put you off anything cause you may never experience the problem yourself.