Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread? >

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Newkid, AMEN DUDE, KUDOS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice setup you got on your ST, you got some pics of this thing BTW. You could check out pics of my truck in my gallery, I'm still working on my winter project with mine. I got RC Visions HPR's, a wing, a 7075 chassis, some new 17 mm wheels w/ some crimefighter tires. I just figured I would take the winter as an opportunity to get ready for spring, while still running a little in the winter. You put our point of view on this issue great too, thank you very much Newkid.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

after hearing two people say the st is awseome..and over ten say its scrap unless you mod it..im not s sure...now im thinking about the muggy..i guess ill go ask about it on another thread..thanx for the input guys.....
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
My Feedback: (1)

unfortuneately didn't get yet but i have the auction link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230045564207

muggy is a great truck but tons more expensive.....but it's worth it cause it comes pretty much ready to race.....
Old 11-01-2006, 09:52 PM

well im actually thinking about the revo [&:] gonna make it a racer....
Old 11-02-2006, 01:18 AM

now a revo no matter what anyone on here says is also a great vehicle....I stand by those because i have one which is electric but i've driven my friends 3.3 and that thing is just awesome
Old 11-02-2006, 07:55 PM

I am not talking about "mods" that increase performance... They merely add performance and basically adds more weight, but it is NOT OPTIONAL. Such weak points of the truck NEED extra strength. And btw, I could name at least 10 nitros that are cheaper than the mammoth, but still perform as good or even better than the mammoth. I would just like to first say the Savage 25....

So Cal XTM Basher- I notice you have "bash" in your name... that is why you need a tough truck. I can EASILY find a Savage that has a cheaper price tag than the mammoth, and still run like a bull and bash like a tank. And for one, the MGT is something you should look at... oh and btw, if you truely are a pure bred basher, then a buggy might be something for you. They can take more of a beating than most trucks, and fly like planes in the air. Can easily be converted into a truggy

"Kudos to you"???? What are you, a granola bar? Please...
Old 11-02-2006, 08:19 PM

es i love to bash..it is the most fun I can have when driving an rc car....(any form of driving a rc car is fun tho) and i know many people with revo 3.3's and they are tough. I especoally like how they handle especially with the stock tires and suspention settings. ...........well I guess i should take this to the traxxas mt forums.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: AznBash3r

I am not talking about "mods" that increase performance... They merely add performance and basically adds more weight, but it is NOT OPTIONAL. Such weak points of the truck NEED extra strength. And btw, I could name at least 10 nitros that are cheaper than the mammoth, but still perform as good or even better than the mammoth. I would just like to first say the Savage 25....

So Cal XTM Basher- I notice you have "bash" in your name... that is why you need a tough truck. I can EASILY find a Savage that has a cheaper price tag than the mammoth, and still run like a bull and bash like a tank. And for one, the MGT is something you should look at... oh and btw, if you truely are a pure bred basher, then a buggy might be something for you. They can take more of a beating than most trucks, and fly like planes in the air. Can easily be converted into a truggy

"Kudos to you"???? What are you, a granola bar? Please...
every ride has weak points as you can't seem to figure that out from my previous post and also i'd like to point out you just said what i said...adding performance is increasing it.....
Old 11-24-2006, 01:35 PM

My brother just picked one of these Mammoth ST's. I'm pretty impressed with it!

Anyone running aluminum steering knuckles on it?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:48 AM

i love my mammoth, its my first truck and its done really well, i think im going to give it to the mrs tho and buy something less racey and more bash orientated, but i can still keep the mammoth then, i just like new toys and this is cheaper than buying a new 1:1 car every few months :P, and im still going to put a novarossi .28 in it, get port timings done, and see how that goes with a centre diff setup.
Jake.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM

Sharp lookin truck jak,

My brother is in the process of fixing his. He stripped the steering knuckle and we ordered the machined knuckles from the pro kit. He also sheared the pin that goes through the CVD. Seems like you can only order a complete set of front CVDs to replace that pin.... That is a waste! I'm just going to search for some hardened steel rod the same diameter and cut it to length to replace it.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: nickrummy

Sharp lookin truck jak,

My brother is in the process of fixing his. He stripped the steering knuckle and we ordered the machined knuckles from the pro kit. He also sheared the pin that goes through the CVD. Seems like you can only order a complete set of front CVDs to replace that pin.... That is a waste! I'm just going to search for some hardened steel rod the same diameter and cut it to length to replace it.

The Machined knuckles are nice Nick, I have sold a few of em myself, and have them installed in the one I have.

Again like in the other post, Ill try and check tonight on the CVD pins and see if I have some and Ill let ya know. Like I had said I have a lot of XTM parts in stock so let me know if there is anything you need, guranteed cheaper than on line

Enjoy the mammoth ST its a great rig for the price and druability

Chris

[email protected]
Old 11-28-2006, 01:58 PM

Thanks Stav! I'll take you up on the offer of having parts in stock I'm sure.

I ended up ordering the aluminum knuckles from hobbypeople.net for $40 for the pair. I think they are from the ST Pro kit.

I didn't oder the CVDs. I figured I could make my own pins. I found a steel rod that has a diameter of 2.45mm that is hardened steel in a Mcmaster catalog at work. It'll take a day or two to get here. The stock pin dimensions out at around 2.47mm so it should work out. It's the closes I can find.

I also checked out the hardware store. Worst case scenario would be buying some 3/32" drill bits and hacking up the smooth shaft part of them to make pins. This dimension is more off than the 2.45mm rod though so it would be a second option.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:04 PM

im still going to put a novarossi .28 in it,
I'll just give you some information on that. The Nova .28 is EXTREMELY powerful and you shouldn't floor your truck from a dead standstill once you install that engine. The .28 is very different from the .21 b/c I have the XTM .28 installed in my ST and ended up wearing down all my drive cups from kind of "beating" my truck. Just be smart when you have that engine installed, because I would hate for you to wear drive cups and shoot diffs, it's not cool when you have to replace. Good luck and nice looking truck!

Nick,
Nice on making your own parts, sometimes it's much move convenient than buying from the store. Too bad I don't have enough time to make my own parts, pretty simple with some though.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: nickrummy

Sharp lookin truck jak,

you can order the CV rebuild kit which comes with new screws, pins, etc for cheap

www.hobbypeople.net
search part no. 149506

Dave
Old 11-30-2006, 04:29 AM

I have a mammoth ST i bought it about 2 weeks ago ive already got the tires half bald and i want some tires with a lil more tread does anybody know what tires will fit the stock rims? it says any 40 series but when you look at the mesurements for them rims versus the tires on the market it doesnt look like theyd fit to well.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 PM

Any 40 series Tires will fit, sold many of em and they do for sure

Check yer PM

Stav
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 PM

Stav, do you have good recommendation on 40 series tires for the truck? my brother is just bashing but it will be snowing here soon.

Sending you a pm.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:11 PM

I was poking around the XTM forums for a tire and I found this out for a recommendation. The tire wouldn't mount on the 40 series rim, but instead an HPI 17 mm Dish rim, the Proline Badlands MT as tires. On XTM, they say they work great and I hear from this forum that they're not that bad either so you might want to look into those. I'm planning on getting Crimefighters for my tires, but that's just me, they're more of racing tires so... Just some suggestion.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM

if you plan to bash offroad remove the 2 speed i've heard all it does it strip spur gears...i on the other hand don't know first hand cause i bought one with center diff in it....trying some new things on it and got some pro parts in so my truck will be rebuilt soon and gonna try out jammin x1 cr buggy knuckles because they are less likely to get damaged or have screws stripped
Old 11-30-2006, 08:36 PM

Wonder if these will work.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPTJ2&P=7
Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 PM

Man those badland tires look SWEET

Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 PM

I was going to address those Wabash wheels to you, but they just came out. In my mind, I would think that they would work, but then again I'm not 100% sure about it. I know that the HPI Dish Wheels work from seeing on the XTM forums so that's what I'm going off of... Good luck!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM

hpi nubz are nice running them on my st and getting some titanium light weight turnbuckles from lunsford for mine can't wait i got some of the pro parts in already so i'll doing those
Old 12-02-2006, 05:48 PM

For rims, I was going to purchase mine from a new company I saw at IHobby. Blue Groove RC Concepts. (just type that into Google and when you get on the site, look at the 241 Wheels) I chatted with them a bit and they sounded like they're idea for their rim was pretty good. It's a 17mm so I thought that it would be great for my ST. All I would need are some new racing tires and I would be ready to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.