Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Alright, I saw the buggy cage match acutally on the Internet. Which truck are you talking about to mounting a wing on? The mammoth ST? I don't have a video camera, so I really can't take any vids of my truck, but I had a close call with my friend's Revo today on the street.[:@] We have a blast running our RC's!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 PM
RJ123

I'm talkin about the Mammoth ST
Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Original: ssj2

Alright, I saw the buggy cage match acutally on the Internet. Which truck are you talking about to mounting a wing on? The mammoth ST? I don't have a video camera, so I really can't take any vids of my truck, but I had a close call with my friend's Revo today on the street. We have a blast running our RC's!

I am his friend(with a Revo). We had a lot of fun today. Both of us got about 3-4 tanks through our trucks. We were just running reguarly and then sort of in an "implyingly" way we started to "drag" race. I would start to go full throttle, then ssj2 would respond. Then one time I applied full throttle and stopped short and ssj2 rammed right into me(my Revo) and his truck lifted off into the air, just as if it were using my Revo as a ramp. It was pretty funny, and I was surprised to see ssj2 pulled off a nice landing. Then later on, since the day before had been garbage day, ssj2 had his garbage can laying out in front of his house, so we decided to line up next to eachother and push the garbage can down the street and we pulled it off(it was pretty funny actually). Today was a fun day, and nobody's truck got hurt, FORTUNATELY, since both of us had been having some trouble with our trucks in the past.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:02 PM
RJ123

wow sounds like you guys have cool trucks. i wish i could get my Mammoth ST already.[&o]
Old 07-21-2006, 12:29 PM
BAMF90

Both of our trucks are GREAT!!! And RJ123 good luck with you new Mammoth ST(once you get it I mean).[8D]
Old 07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
ssj2

RJ123,
I think the X-Terminator wing mount should work on the Mammoth ST, that's what RC Visions told me to get. As BAMF said, we both have had some rotten luck (especially me) with our trucks. I've had many things happen to my ST that are just from lack of knowledge. Once you get past the hump of breaking in and tuning, then it's off to the races for you. I went through so much sweat/blood/tears trying to get my truck right, XTM customer service is extremely helpful, and I highly recommend to contact them. I think BAMF and I are gonna fool around with our trucks again today when he gets some fuel, right now I'm here on RCU waiting for him. (*tick* *tick* *tick*)
Old 07-21-2006, 05:43 PM
RJ123

thx guys
Old 07-22-2006, 03:35 PM
RJ123

Tower said that u should use Traxxas top fuel, should i use that, or Werks race blend 30% or Odonell
Old 07-22-2006, 04:34 PM
ssj2

NO, NO, NO, NO, TRAXXAS FUEL WITH AN XTM PRODUCT! (lol) There is way too much oil content (synthetic castor oil blend) in Traxxas fuel, no matter what percent. In the XTM Mammoth ST manual, it is recommended to use XTM fuel (kinda hard to get) or Trinity Monster Horsepower 20% Nitro, 12% Oil. I run Trinity and it works great, you can use other fuels too, it's listed on the XTM forums. If you use any other fuel than what's suggested, you can run into annoying one-way bearing problems, which causes your pull start to slip. Just go with Trinity and be done with it!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:19 AM
warriorking

I have a couple a qestions.
I'm thinking of getting the mammoth ST but I was wondering if someone could tell me or a link that i can pickup the center diff
Also I won't be racing (eventurally but no time soon)mostly bashing with friends, do have to lose the 2 speed and go with the center diff
Or is just a good idea to change it over to prevent busting up drive train too easily.

Also is there a place where i could get the 7075 chassis to make the ST better and more resistant bending

thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 03:48 PM
ssj2

Warriorking,
Here's the link where you can get a center differential: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/149794.asp
About the center diff, it would be a good idea to buy it for preventing damage to the gears if you're jumping, however, I have these (http://dadders.net/braces-mammothst.htm), they are Dadders chassis braces and that will totally prevent any chassis flex, along with support for the transimission. I would suggest getting the 7075 for decreased weight, with Dadders baces, and a center diff. The link for the 7075 chassis is also at Hobbypeople: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/149878.asp If you have any further questions lemme know, I won't be able to run my ST for a little bit because I broke my hinge pin retainer, I would also consider this upgrade too: http://rcvisions.net/HingePinRetainers.html They really help out along with aluminum arms from Big Air: http://bigairproducts.com/
Check out My Models to see my ST, there will be a Hitec 5955TG servo added, along with the RC Visions hinge pin retainers. Good luck and feel free to ask questions! [8D]
Old 07-24-2006, 04:55 PM
warriorking

Hey ssj2

Thanks man for those links I'm really exited about getting the mammy ST. I will be ordering the chassis, braces, hinge pin retainers, ceter diff, and the aluminum arms.
I'm going to order everthing all at once and break it down and do a complete rebuild with all the upgrades.
Is there any pointers I should look out for. BTW i will be doing mostly bashing with it.

Thanks again for the reply really helpful.

ssj2 did you upgrade your wheels and tires too. your mammoth looks awesome[X(]
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM
ssj2

That's what I should've done if I had the money at the time, strip everything down and put the custrom upgrades on it. All of those upgrades will help in their own ways. I, honestly, hope that you don't have the same noob problems I did with my ST, but whatever you do, please do not give up. About the pointers, just follow this break in procedure: http://store.1-nikkoradioremotecontr.../nitrofaq.html I used this for my XTM .28 enginem and it worked out great! If you're interested in buying wheels/tires, along with an engine, I got some really good suggestions for you. Here we go:

First, to start with the wheels and tires. People suggest not sticking with the stock rims, you would want to get some new 23 mm adaptors found here: http://dadders.net/wheeladapters.htm They are great and some wheels to go along with those adaptors could be found here: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSA8&P=7 And for some tires: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDX80&P=7 BTW, I didn't upgrade my wheels and tires, but trust me, that's up there in my list of things to do along with a Novarossi engine.

Finally, the engine I would suggest for you could be found here: http://racernine.com/sts28.html in addition to that, for a pipe, you can get this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJAT3&P=7 You can also send an email to www.dadders.net to modify your STS .28 for 60 bucks more, the thing will fly! If you have more money to spend, then you can get a Novarossi: http://nitrohouse.com/eng,_nova_rossi.htm The one that's the 2nd one down from the top under .28 off road engines is the one I'm lookin at with a JP-1 pipe. I hope all this info is helpful, because I'm trying my best to help XTM extend their reach.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me or ask on the forums! Good luck dude and welcome to XTM!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 PM
warriorking

Yes this is really helpful info man you are the man thanks for all your help. You know, I really think the mammoth ST is a good contender. Every know and then
you get a couple posters pop in and try to stir up the pot. Funny thing is most of these people have never even seen or driven it. Thats where people like you come in
who are actual end user. I was looking at other brands and frequent many forums to get an idea of the feedback from actual owners. I just weed through all the crap and
decide to get it. Yes there are issues (what brand does not have their fair share)but with the price and a couple dollars more this thing is solid. I know I will love it and no I don't give up easily.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 AM
ssj2

It's good to hear that you don't give up easily, because all nitro vehicles are a PITA at first. I'm gonna be posting some pics of exactly why you should get the hinge pin retainers, I broke my rear one over the weekend. There still on my sister's camera, and I gotta have her upload them to the computer, so I'll have them ASAP. I'm glad that I helped you out man, maybe I can see a vid of yours when you get it all ready?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Br00klyn

Does anyone know what bearings I need for the larger clutchbell. 16 21 teeth?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 AM
ssj2

I don't know that one BrOOklyn, I would wait for someone to reply who does, or just look in the XTM forums.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Br00klyn

If double S doesn't know I might never find out.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
ssj2

LOL, that's good dude, I only know so much from bein in the hobby for about a year. Like I said, post it up on the XTM forums: http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...orum/index.php Just sign up and post away, BTW I like your nickname, double S, pretty cool dude. Another BTW, I got a brand new 7075 aluminum chassis for my ST, its gonna be pretty sweet. PS Make sure you use your same name on XTM so that I can idenify you. Good luck!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Br00klyn

Is everybody else running stock gearing? What are your setups?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:36 AM
ssj2

Sorry if I haven't replied in a while, I've been on vacation to Canada. Anyway, back to the point, I still run the 2 speed in my ST, and see no real problem with it yet. However, people say that you can strip the gears if jumping with the 2 speed, and for improved acceleration/racing purposes, you should buy a center diff. I'm planning on getting a center diff just so that I don't need to worry about stripping gears, you'll lose about 10 mph top speed, but acceleration will be much better. I hope I'll get a center diff soon! [&:]
Old 09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Bhouse3000

well, i just got a new mammoth st, it should be here either 2morrow, or monday, and i thot i'd post, because this is a REALLY good thread, and i hate to see a good thread go 2 waste with ppl not posting, lol, seems like the mammoth st is a really good nitro, i cant wait to get mine, but one thing i actually need to know, what exactly are the high-speed and low-speed needle, and where are they ,adn where is hte idler screw, lol, yeah, im new to nitro, but im a big electric rc fan but i love the way nitro soudns, and thye have sweet performance in their truggys, anyways, START THIS THREAD UP AGAIN!! IT ROCKS!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:52 PM
ssj2

The high speed needle valve adjusts the fuel intake once you've already applied throttle and the low speed needle valve adjusts the fuel intake from transitioning from idle to applying throttle. The high speed needle is located on top of the carborator and the low speed is located on the edge of the accordion shaped slide carb. (the accordion affect can be seen when you have the truck OFF, and you have the electronics ON, then you apply throttle brake, throttle brake, and you'll see the slide carb going in and out like an accordion) The idle screw is located under the carb, its right above the fly wheel really. Make sure you adjust this when the truck is OFF. I'm glad you brought this thread back to life, have fun and good luck!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
AznBash3r

NO, NO, NO, NO, TRAXXAS FUEL WITH AN XTM PRODUCT! There is way too much oil content (synthetic castor oil blend) in Traxxas fuel
you will never know until you try it out, any fuel can tell you things bout how much oil content blah blah blah, but there is no way for sure to say this unless its been tryed out. also, my buggy recommends blue thunder, but i run something else. odonnell is proven VERY worthy in my book. just ask bamf90, he will tell you how much power his revo gained going from top fuel to odonnell
Old 09-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Bhouse3000

thanx man, my truck comes in on monday!!!! yay, lol, anywayz, i got new glow plugs for it, #8, and i got some fuel, its 15% nitro, i really just wanted something that will give me longer engine life, and reduce wear and tear on parts , now all i need is a glow starrer, EVERYWHERE IS OUT OF STOCK!!!, i already got the air filter oil, and after run oil, so glow starter, then im ready to go

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.