Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Bhouse3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

yeah, there is lots of resistance on the flywheel when it reaches the top of hte shaft, i actually just flooded my engine by priming it too much, so i just took all the nitro out, and it still wont turn on, i'll try it again 2morrow , i also found that htere was a hole in the tubing going from my exhaust to my tank, which may b another problem, lol, i bought some dubro fuel lines (GREEN!) and a dubro filter, so i think im good for now, lol

thanx for all the help, i must say, this has 2 b the best thread in the truggy section
Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
ssj2

I'd be careful when priming the engine because flooding it is such a pain. Just prime it until fuel gets in the carb, nothing more needed to start. About the hole in the fuel lines, new ones would obviously help and a fuel filter is also a great idea too. I found out the lesson of needing a fuel filter the hard way, crap got into my carb and the truck wouldn't prime. I didn't know what was goin on so I took it to my LHS and they blasted the carb with nitro cleaner and everything was alright.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Bhouse3000

lol, any tips on getting the engine to not flood? besides the priming, well, actually, i mean, getting all the stuff out of the engine?

yeah, my engine was way flooded, and basically, it got my pull start cord wet, and as i was starting it, it ripped, but the piston turned over, so it was bitter sweet, lol, i got about 2 tanks in for that, just fueled whil 1/4 tank was left, cuz i knew i wouldnt be able 2 turn it on again, lol. now im searching for a new pull start, but i cant find any, will any pull start work??

please send some links of some, preferably ebay, cuz im looking to spend under $15 with shipping :/ kinda broke, get my paycheck next week tho, but i wana run it now, lol, prolly gona ask for a starter box for xmas.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
ssj2

I'm not exactly sure on how to get the stuff out of the engine, I believe you turn the truck upside down with the glow plug out. BAMF will probably give you a more detailed answer for that. You can't just go out and buy any pull start, I would contact XTM Customer Service and they'll give you an item number to what pull start to get on www.hobbypeople.net. All I know is that those pull starts are about 20 bucks, that's w/o shipping, you can try your luck on ebay. The ideal keywords could be XTM 457 Pull Start, I don't know I'm just guessing. A starter box is really gonna be a hassle because it's just more batteries to charge and more items to carry around, I'd say try to pull the pull start as LITTLE as possible. Once your truck's tuned right, it should start on the first or second pull. Currently that's how mine just started, second pull, it's all about tuning. Good luck and if you are gonna get a starter box, this should work: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146055.asp Again, good luck!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:49 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

To unflood an engine, all you do is, pull the glow plug out, flip the truck on its back, and pull the pullstart about 10 times. Reinstall the glowplug and you should be good to go, but if it still feels difficult to turn the piston over, then try unflooding it again.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Bhouse3000

thanx, for now, im just gona use some house hold string (about 2 1/2 mm thick) as a subsitie, till i can find a pull start mcgiver style, lol

edit: will this pull start work ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=020
Old 09-14-2006, 03:57 PM
AznBash3r

jacob you learned that from me [:@] lol.

I'd say try to pull the pull start as LITTLE as possible
I'd say thats upright bs! if your gonna start the truck, start it like you mean it. little tugs wont do it, pull it like you wana start the frikkin truck when your a-main race is starting 3.9 seconds....stop going easy on it...
Old 09-14-2006, 04:00 PM
ssj2

IMO I think that will only work with Ofna Force engines, you have an XTM 457 so I don't think it would be a good idea to experiment with it. It's not worth the time, just give XTM Customer Service a call, trust me.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Bhouse3000

is the xtm customer support like super helpful, semi helpful, or not rele ??? i've herd good things bout them, but how bout first hand
Old 09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
ssj2

Japhlet,
The pull starts aren't really meant to be pulled extreme amounts of times, it's not a lawnmower, but whatever.

Bhouse,
XTM Customer Service is extremely helpful, Chris really takes care of you. I'd say its well worth the time spent calling them, because you'll really be glad you did. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:17 AM
BAMF90

They're only helpful to some of their customers.[sm=omg_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Actually, idk, but I've only seen one person get good support from them.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:42 PM
ssj2

I would imagine that they treat everyone equally as long as you're not an a$% to them, like anything else, you give respect, you'll get respect in turn.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:01 PM
AznBash3r

Fresh off of mod status

Some people here on this forum are pretty good at acting! [&:]
Old 09-16-2006, 05:01 PM
BAMF90

a$%

It's *****, pretty obvious, huh?
Old 09-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Bhouse3000

hahaha, or ass, like that, lol
Old 09-16-2006, 07:07 PM
ssj2

W/e dude, go to the OT forum if you're gonna talk about how ppl spell ass.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:09 PM
2fast2slow

Hey everyone, well i will be ordering a Mammoth in about a week or two, and i know i will need chassis braces, but do u think i will need them for just going up and down the street
Old 09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
ssj2

If you have an offroad vehicle I imagine that you'll want to go offroad sometime. I would definately get the Dadders braces because they are so worth the protection you have when they are installed, just cough up the money and buy. It's a really great investment, here's the link: www.dadders.net. Somewhere in this thread, I also made a really huge post on which upgrades you should get for the ST, I really don't wanna go over it now.[&:]
Old 09-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Bhouse3000

yeah, i'm planning on getting them, once i get my paycheck, should b ina day or 2, but i need 2 save up 2 :/ so prolly after a few more paychecks, cuz i keep 50% as pocket cash, and that leaves me with about $200 for savings, and online spending, and i dont wana spend the pocket cash, cuz that rele goes on nitro fuel, and my car gas (real car) and food, lol.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:30 PM
2fast2slow

And i will be racing the truck, so what do you think is the best sterring servo
Old 09-16-2006, 09:37 PM
BAMF90

If you haven't already gotten the Mammoth ST, I don't recommend you get it. Go for something else, like the X1-CRT, or Lightning Stadium. I don't really recommend the Mammoth ST. I've seen how many things go wrong with ssj2's and it hurts me to see someone have a car that they spend more time working on then running. If you don't care to stay with truggies, then I would recommend a Revo anyday. Also, the HPI Savage is good too.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Bhouse3000

well, mammoth st was my first nitro rc, and it wasnt a problem at all, mayb just a few things, but that is noob error on mypart, and could have been done to any car, also, the fact that i got it used, nad the guy totally killed the steering servo basically, but not a biggie if you do get one, you sshould put hte xtm 457 engine in it, it flys soo much harder
Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
2fast2slow

I was thinking about putting a Mach 427 with the big 290cc fuel tank when i get it
Old 09-16-2006, 10:11 PM
BAMF90

Suit yourself.[sm=tired.gif]
Old 09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Bhouse3000

the main reason i like hte xtm mammoth st, is because it has great performance, at an affordable price, its not a bad deal, and with some tunning, its great , that engine is good, i like my 457, its great, had a few flooding problems, but taht was my fault (a noob fault, lol)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.