Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Old 10-29-2006, 03:19 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

The center diff would just be useful for racing and jumping to prevent stripping gears. The center diff will also give you more acceleration off the line, sacrificing a little top speed. IMO I think the chassis braces are a neccessity if you're gonna bash, and there's also an RC Solutions roll cage (which I have from Ihobby) that was just released for the ST. I gave the low down in this thread about which upgrades to get, so just look for that page with all the links and where I talk about the neccessary Mammoth ST upgrades. If you're gonna bash, add the RC Solutions cage to that list also. Here's some pics of the cage and my workspace for doing my winter project, with one pic of the truck when it was assembled:

Here's a vid of a Schumacher Rascal demo too:

Old 10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
So Cal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx...do they make a different style of roll cage? I have a track in my backyard that i will be mostly running on it. The jump is about 2 1/2 ft talland i get about 4 ft or more of hight with my x-cellerator. I am not getting the mammoth very soon but probably within 2-3 months or more. (i am selling my wakeboard on ebay to get the money).
Also how many things have you broken during normal usage? (a-arms stripped gears ect.)

thanx
-Aaron
Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
ssj2

I've busted only a rear hinge pin retainer because due to the fact that I spent so much money; I'm very paranoid about bashing with my truck. The RC Solutions roll cage is the best you'll find, Hardbodyz is crapola. Good luck and ask questions if youre not sure.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:49 PM
So Cal

I was just reading the thread that was asking wich truggy to get ..., mayhem or mammoth? and ALOT of people said bad stuff about the mammoth. I dont know weather to bilive it or ignore it? I really DONT want sommething i have to mod right out of the box. So i am thinking about looking at a different truck.[sm=confused.gif] what do you reccomend?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:58 PM
ssj2

You can do whatever you want, I like my ST and only had problems because it was my first truck. I could say some other things, but I keep it for the XTM forums because I can't say it here. Here is the link to the XTM Forum Index http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...c44d7cf3e55ead
You can take your pick, check out the Gallery, a lot of people are happy with theirs. I'm not telling you to get the ST, I'm just giving you information about people who enjoy their ST. It doesnt' bother me, because personally, it ain't my money being spent. I would've gotten something better than the ST, but it was the only thing that I could afford (339.99 when I bought it) and now I have a truck that is full of custom made upgrades and I really like it. Check out my pics, I mean, it's all I have, and I've had fun with it on many occasions. The hobby is full of ups and downs, and I think I've hit a lot of downs considering I was a nooob with my ST. Good luck and I hope you go with what your gut tells you to do. [&:]
Old 10-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Bhouse3000

i personally love my mammoth st. There were no problems for me when i got it, only problem i had, was my glowstarter broke (my fault) and i totally ripped my pull start cored cuz u wuz pissed it wouldnt start (becuase glow starter broke). lol, but besides that, amazign truck, i put in an xtm 457 engine, and its amazing, it flys, it can do anything, and the ground clearance is monster truck like when u raise it, and truggy like race mode when u lower it. I'd say its the best bang for your buck, there really is not Direr need to upgrade to center diff, or put in the dadders braces right away, i havent done either, and i bash my truck hard, nad they have no problems what so ever and racing jammins is way fun 2, cuz i can actually keep up!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
So Cal

Thanx alot ..i made mad up my mind to get the mammoth st...but i must get my grades up and my dad will get it for me!!!!!!! so im am tyrying very hard to get them up!!!! But if they dont (my grades) i am selling my wakeboard on e-bay....and wil have the money to get it. So thanx for the input and i definately am getting the st. DOnt know exactly when but i am.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
ssj2

Did you check out the XTM forums, good place right there to get some info. Check out the gallery too, they got sick trucks in there.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
So Cal

Where are the forums?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:07 PM
So Cal

Well i found them and have reginstered in the past...but dont remember my username OR password....and dont know what to do....
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

Good luck with the mammoth... only thing you will get from it is learning how to spend money on usless junk for the car. The Mayhem ST is based on a real buggy platform, the turmoil/mayhem. They are proven tough and Sportwerks definetly know what they are doing.

due to the fact that I spent so much money; I'm very paranoid about bashing with my truck.

HA HA HA COMPLETE BS! The truck is junk, I don't even know why you bought a set of frikkin $150 aluminum arms. POINTLESS! I could of bought a decent electric car with that. You are throwing money into a never ending money-pit. You just don't know when to stop, don't you. And why don't you just donate money to the People-who-can't-afford-an-rc Foundation instead of buying a high priced-tag roll cage. Heck, I would take the cage and use it on my trug...where it REALLY needs to go... bashing is my middle name...
Old 10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
AznBash3r

The center diff would just be useful for racing and jumping to prevent stripping gears. The center diff will also give you more acceleration off the line, sacrificing a little top speed. IMO I think the chassis braces are a neccessity if you're gonna bash, and there's also an RC Solutions roll cage (which I have from Ihobby) that was just released for the ST. I gave the low down in this thread about which upgrades to get, so just look for that page with all the links and where I talk about the neccessary Mammoth ST upgrades. If you're gonna bash, add the RC Solutions cage to that list also. Here's some pics of the cage and my workspace for doing my winter project, with one pic of the truck when it was assembled:
1. The center diff decreases your accelaration... I would know because I locked mine due to the fact that they SLOWED down my trug.
2. Ditch the chassis brace and buy an iPod Nano (frikkinay, eh?)
3. Never heard of a Mamoth ST bashing... must be a dream. I should wake up
4. Roll cages are useless unless you are going to jump off of 15ft. dirt mounds and landing on pure dirt. Anything else smaller than that, your stock body should pretect your truck.
5. That is not a workspace, that is a desk.
6. Winter project? My trug will be running throughout winter with jacob... What a horrible time to do a so called "project" (project money-pit)
7. Your radio has 10 volts... of course your gonna change your batteries now... sheesh.
8. I want those Altoids
9. NO USE OF A WING unless your gonna race. Unless your gonna waste 10 gallons of gas to get to the track every week like a desperate guy on crack, then you might as well put it on... btw, if you land wrong on your wing, your shock tower will bend, no kidding. Had it happen to me... with a shock tower paper thin, no chance will it survive.
10. Buying """BETTER""" shock will not help bottoming out... since when did you jump high enought o bottom out anyways? Put some frikkin 60-70wt. oil in the shock and fuel tubing on the shock shafts and that will solve your "I wanna buy better shocks" dilemma. Plus, bottoming out is good, since if it doesnt, the stress will eventually get to your shock towers or the "Aluminum" a-arms.

11. I LOVE pissing people off. specially wannabes [X(][:-]
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
BAMF90

Don't waste your time getting your grades up for a Mammoth. Spend your money wiser and add a few dollars and buy a Revo or Savage. They are much better out of the box, and you won't have to upgrade them right when you take it out of the box. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
AznBash3r

WTH? So Cal XTM Basher why do you have his signiture? Rap is better than ROCK that ssj2 listens to. Whats the point of people screaming to the top of their lungs? Thats not music, thats noise
Old 10-31-2006, 04:44 AM
EG1

I must say the mayhems at our track are pretty dang quick. The SW engine is such a great mill and very under-rated IMO. The weak links seem to be the a-arms and 14mm wheel hexes.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:23 PM
ssj2

Japhlet, you need to learn to get some respect for other people. Why don't you just accept the fact that everyone isn't a rich ***** like you are, just quit the flaming man, I'm really getting tired of it. You don't have the truck either, stay out of the thread, get your own Sportwerks thread, you're useless here. Your posts in here are pointless crap that just clutters the forum, I dont think we need anymore of that. You and BAMF don't like the ST so why are you in the thread? Makes me wonder...
Old 10-31-2006, 08:11 PM
So Cal

ORIGINAL: AznBash3r

WTH? So Cal XTM Basher why do you have his signiture? Rap is better than ROCK that ssj2 listens to. Whats the point of people screaming to the top of their lungs? Thats not music, thats noise
i H.A.T.E rap...it just plain sucks.... i like alt rock and classic rock..NOT heavy metal.....anyways back to the topic...i am not a fan of traxxass so i am NOT getting a revo and the savage x tranny is crap..and i dont want to build a friekin mt so i am NOT getting the sav x ss kit. That is why i AM getting the mammoth st! Plus like ssj2 said if you dont like the mammoth st why the hell are you posting in this thread?

-Aaron
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
ssj2

So Cal XTM Basher, thank you for the support. If and when you do get the ST make sure you post up some pics, I would like to see it.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
So Cal

No prob. ill post some when i get it...(prolly within the next 2-3 months)
Old 10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
AznBash3r

First of all, I am not rich, I know how to invest my money into something that IS worth it. I don't need to buy a $120 digital servo that produces more than twice the amount of torque that you need it to. I don't have the truck, but I don't need more info than 2nd hand experiences. And don't say it's from lack of experience, you have had your nitro longer than me. I don't need a Sportwerks thread, the b/tr ug speaks for itself.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:39 PM
AznBash3r

So Cal, boooy you are in for a treat encountering problems. From bent and tweaked chassis, to broken hinge pin retainers, you are gonna go alllll wrong with that truck. I am not a big fan of traxxas either, but I would gladly take a revo over a mammoth ANY day. BAMF90 has a revo, and ssj2 has a mammoth st. guess who breaks down first? The savage x is not worth it, but the Savage 4.6 is amazing. So far the best savage out there. If you don't want to believe someone who has seen how each truck runs, then don't, but don't come in here crying because you broke a $70 set of hinge pin retainers.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
ssj2

Wait a minute, the stock hinge pin retainers cost $70 dollars? WOW!!!!! That's a good one dude, I never knew that the STOCK ones costed so much, they come with the truck man. All I can say is WOW
Old 11-01-2006, 03:26 PM
NewKid

i just scored one with this setup:

This truck has been upgraded to a center diff with stock grease in the back ,10,000 weight oil in the center, & 5,000 weight oil in the front.This makes the truck hook up great! With this option you can run with the best of them. The proline body is in good shape. It has a hitec ultra torque servo hs-5645mg for better steering. The XTM 457 .28 engine puts the power to the ground with a 15 turn clutch bell. Engine has about a gallon of 25% Trinity monster fuel thru it. Compression is great & idles fine. May need retuning for your area. Racing wing &mount really stabalizes the truck in the air. The new HPI NUBZ & (RF) race-fit dish rims put great traction down on the tracks. This truck is built to dominate with an agressive driver. I myself have beaten Hellfires and other top truggys with this truck. The trucks radio gear is a Futaba Magnum Junior FM channel transmitter with matching reciever and has adjustable end-points.

EXTRAS: 2 front & 2 rear lower arms, 2 upper arms, rear swaybar, circle cutter for body holes, antena tube, 4 body mounts, original 2 speed transmition & extra gear,1 old diff, 1 bulk head, original xtm 24.7 engine needs one way bearing . This engine has something everybody dosn't know about. It has the genisis carb fitting in it and works without modification adding a little more power . The original carb. comes with it too. Engine runs and has great compression thanks to the pinch tool i purchased for it. They really work!! I think it works for both engines not sure. Two speed clucth bell, and 13 turn clutch bell, front cv axle extras, rear axles, tie rod wrench, lug wrench, 4 way wrench, body reamer, tuning screwdriver, curved body sissors, diff oil in 10,000 &5,000 weight oils, a 5 cell rechargable reciever, two shocks, air filter oil, glow plug starter.

for $250 shipped...i have a racer this one is more of a basher for me but will run a dadders stg II modded .30 on it and jp-2
Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
AznBash3r

whats the point of buying cheap $5 plastic hpr's, when they will break the minute you do a jump? I don't even know why they sell such expansive hop-ups for the truck, it is not even close to being worth it. And chassis braces? don't all "truggies" (even though the mammoth ISN'T even a truggy...) have them? Even though this truck was in your low budget, there are still LOTS of other nitros you couldv'e picked from that you could have more fun with. Since your truck isn't even gonna see a spec of dirt, why not sell it get an on-road? More efficient, and perfect for "street runs" that is suposedley "bashing". And you are lucky you get "discounts". without a certain company, you wouldn't be talking smack. I'm fortunate Sportwerks gave me free cvd's because it was BROKEN.... but your company goes over the limit.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:34 PM
NewKid

this is the way i look at it....people buy what they can afford and do what they please so if someone wants to buy a mammoth st and mod the heck out of it that's their choice not yours all you can do is relay the info that it might not be a great truck...but it's also more important you know how to handle your truck because if you don't then you'll break stuff or not win races... Also you say that the trucks already have certain pieces why buy custom ones....if that's the case why do people mod anything? mods are meant to do what ....they're meant to increase performance and looks.....you could take your arguement and ask why someone would buy $74 dolllar knuckles for their already top of the line Jammin buggy and the answer is because it performs better and made out of better quality stuff.....hop ups exist for a reason to improve even the best rides

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.