Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy To Race

Old 07-02-2006, 07:58 PM
TGreg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy To Race

I'm looking for a truggy to buy that i can just take it out and race it or build it and race it. i dont want to have to do ANY upgrading besides a .21-.28 engine.

pretty much im looking for the most capible truggy outta the box.

at my track there are two GS SUT's, Three CRT, Two lightining stadium Truggs, and Two or three ST-1

i was thinking the Cen Truggy or maybe a hellfire or a CRT. thanks

Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Truggy To Race

Just ask around at the track.
The best answers are at the track.
ST-1
Hellfire
CRT
LSP
Old 07-03-2006, 09:25 AM
jqtopa

if your interested i have an almost new gs storm sut ce (championship edition) for sale as a roller all you will need is you radio equipment, engine, and muffler with two sets of tires one for racing bow ties and one set for off road let me know if your interested 275.00 shipped thank you
Old 07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
ST1*Pro

I have a ST 1 and I just love the way it handles. The RTR servos are ok and it runs well. The first thing that I am going to change is the motor. I would like to get a Nova Rossi for it but for now I have put in a Ace 1015 servo and aluminum clutch shoes. I know many trucks are good but ST1 is very durable and handles great. Good Luck
Old 07-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Mr. Mugen

Mugen
Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
chickenfarmer3

hellfire is ok out of the box. add a few things and it is just as good as any kit.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:27 PM
3evoman

hellfire SS
Old 07-03-2006, 06:27 PM
wide_open247

Kyosho ST-R, no hop ups needed. Works awsome and I have not seen anything I want to upgrade yet, and super durable, I have yet to break anything from Kyosho. Just put some high quality electronics and engine in it and your truggy will be a machine.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Wizz Kid

LSP-R.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:01 PM
TGreg24

actually im really looking into the Tazor A

i just emailed SocalRC to see what my price quote is
Old 07-03-2006, 08:09 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: TGreg24

actually im really looking into the Tazor A

i just emailed SocalRC to see what my price quote is
Not to take anything away from Tazor or anything, but I'd highly suggest that you (being new to truggies) stay away from custom built truggies. Not to mention you live on opposite corners of the US.. Why not just a CRT? The tazor looks like a great truggy but I doubt it'd be good for a newcomer..
Old 07-03-2006, 08:39 PM
TGreg24

true you do have a point, but heres my thing, crt's are nice, but im looking for duriblity, and with the Tazor it has wayy bigger and beefier arms and they have a bashing verision that i intend on racing.

plus there are no different between a custom trugg and a pre-built one after you get one, the hardest part about a custom trugg is knowing wat you want and knowing not to go over kill, ill look into the crt but the tazor i want is close to that price of the crt team.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:41 PM
PillowPants

true you do have a point, but heres my thing, crt's are nice, but im looking for duriblity, and with the Tazor it has wayy bigger and beefier arms and they have a bashing verision that i intend on racing.

plus there are no different between a custom trugg and a pre-built one after you get one, the hardest part about a custom trugg is knowing wat you want and knowing not to go over kill, ill look into the crt but the tazor i want is close to that price of the crt team.
You can't exactly go down to your LHS and ask "hey, do you have any tazor parts!?". (Not yet anyways, tazor ).
Old 07-03-2006, 10:13 PM
TGreg24

my hobby shop sucks anyways and i order online 95% of the time and im not joking or just saying that to prove my point. but the Tazor uses alot of ofna parts and my hobby shop carries ofna too, so idk.

well see, trust me the crt is deffinately second on my list, im waiting on my price quote from SocalRC via email, if its too much then ill just crt it.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:32 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Right out of the box, Kyosho ST-R. Hands down. Its such a good truggy, I bought a second one as a backup and all it does is sit.

I've raced mine every weekend for the past couple of months without a single breakage. They are completely "stock". I've also finished in the top 3 consistently.

The LSP-R is GREAT too. A couple minor things and its rock solid and 95% of the ST-R...

The Hellfire is okay. The problem with the Hellfire seems to be finding a set-up that works well. I had one and never was able to get it to handle the way I wanted. I think quite a few people feel the same way about it based on who owned them and are now selling them. You'll also need to change out the servos. Don't get me wrong, there is alot of potential with the Hellfire with all its set-up options, but no one has a set-up that gets the truck even 75% there....
Old 07-04-2006, 01:05 PM
TGreg24

ok now where is the cheapest place to find the st-r
Old 07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
PillowPants

Amain hobbies. $669. Cheapest price I found. And where I bought mine. It came out to be about $1,800 for me. You could probably get by with $1,500 if you played it really cheap..
Old 07-04-2006, 02:03 PM
TGreg24

yea i dont need to get real expencive. i plan on running either a .21 or a .28 as for .21's i REALLY want the os RZ but i cant find one new ANYWHERE but i guess id use the RG. as for .28's either the sh p6 or the lrp spec3.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 PM
PillowPants

yea i dont need to get real expencive. i plan on running either a .21 or a .28 as for .21's i REALLY want the os RZ but i cant find one new ANYWHERE but i guess id use the RG. as for .28's either the sh p6 or the lrp spec3.
That OS is not very reliable unless you get the modded version, which will cost you big $'s. And the ST-R doesn't like .28's very well. You'd have to mess with different clutch bells and spur gears, which gets rather pricey (Kyosho parts are a little on the pricey side, but very durable). .28's also get really crappy fuel mileage, which means more pit stops. There really is no need for a .28 in the ST-R. It's unwanted overkill if you actually know what you are talking about..
Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 PM
TGreg24

i think your thinking of the OS vspec im talking about the RZ and RG series which are the most relible engines in the .21 class and last upwards of 7 gallons if not more (i want to say 10 gallons but that might be pushing it)

the rg is the normal version and the rz is the racer version.

rg = 110$$ rz = 150$$
^^^not big bucks
Old 07-04-2006, 02:37 PM
PillowPants

Well you seem to know it all huh? Seen all .21's in action. Ran all of them. Do whatever you want. Grab one of those
"Most reliable .21 engines"
I'm just trying to save you a few bucks & the headache. But if you know it all then be my guest buddy..

I'd give it 4 days before you have a "Which Stadium truck should I get?!" thread. completely forgetting about the other threads you made asking about truggies, MT's, & buggies, like always.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:39 PM
TGreg24

omg lol ok im sry it is the most relibible .21 at my track from people who have been racing for a while sorrry.

and im sure you know everythign too huh.

ask around in peoples opinions the RG is very relibile if not the most relible
Old 07-04-2006, 04:23 PM
PillowPants

No, I don't know everything. But unlike you, I actually have experience with the subject at hand (the ST-R). Although, I don't even know why I'm bothering with this thread. You seemingly make threads asking which (*fill in the blank*) should you get, for fun and you never follow through with the purchase! Why do you bother?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
noximus

give Aaron Walker from www.rcbuggyshop.com a hallor, he has the best prices on STR's without a doubt. less than 660.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:55 PM
TGreg24

HAMBURG why do you always treat me like this, dang. i do nothign to you, i never assulted you did anythign to you, heck i was even agreeing with you, i dont deserve this, you and thunderbird junkie are the reasons im on modderator status because of my "Team RCU truck"

just face it all you do is look for my post read them, and wait for me to slip up on one item then, like your pray, you pounce on me and just try and make me feel bad via post.

god fine ILL BUY THE FREAKING CRT OR ST-R OR WATEVER YOU WANT ME TO BUY

just stop attacking me in my threads

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.