Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Which truggy to get

Old 07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
mattster72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which truggy to get

what truggy should i get

hellfire rtr
hellfire ss (when does it come out)
hotbodies Lightning Stadium Pro-R Competition http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4140

i will do racing with it and little bashing if any

and if the hellfire ss is out what site is it on
Old 07-03-2006, 02:25 PM
tai4lyfe

Default RE: Which truggy to get

I JUST GOT A HELLFIRE RTR...GREAT TRUGGY....REALLY FAST WIT GREAT ACCELERATION..DA ONLY THING IS THA STEERING SERVO BREAKS REALLY EASILY...MINE BROKE DURRING THA BREAK IN AND I TOLD HPI AND THEY SENT ME THA METAL GEAR REPLACEMENT...SO FAR SO GOOD....BUT IM KINDA A STOCK GUY...OTHER PPL RECCOMEND A HITECH SERVO RELPACEMENT....I KANT AFFORD IYT THO......BUT THA HELLFIRE IS A GREAT TRUCK....I RECCOMEND IYT...............
Old 07-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

first of all learn to type second get rid of caps
Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 PM
chickenfarmer3

the ss isnt out yet. and like what tai said (if u could understand it) is if u put a really good steering servo in it this truck will turn awesome. add a wing and do some shock work and it flies excellent, great truck, some stock parts are weak but a few upgrades and it is solid. the stock motor is ok..for a minute but mine let go at about 2 gallons. thats ok jsut got a collari .30 and it is sick.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:12 PM
mattster72

but when does the ss come out and how much do you think it will cost?

i responded to your pm chicken
and please do not email me
Old 07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
chickenfarmer3

got your pm. will post pics in the for sale section in a day or two, for my race ready hellfire. if any one is interested you can pm me.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:05 PM
mattster72

chicken i pm you back about my offer it you are interested

anyone eles i am open to opinions
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 AM
noximus

i took my LSP to sun valley for some hard driving..it was 90+ degrees out and i was running this thing for about 5 hours for the day at this track. i did minor changes to my kit, such as adding STR ball ends to clear everything running zero offset, i also dremeled out my C-hubs to provide more steering, i also added longer screws to the diff housing and of course added a P5 engine, servos.

i ran this thing hard..i even ran it with the stock 14mm hubs..the only thing that happened was my shocks..the fluid broke down rather quick considering the heat and abuse. i was hitting every jump hard, i was even hitting the big tripple they got layed out pretty hard on a very dry surface..it was basicly close to concret after the sun beams on it for hours at a time..

the LSP-R is a nice truggy to race with, for the price at 405 dollars, and after running this thing into the ground with zero complications but broken down shock fluid and a dirty air filter and run down tires...you cant beat it. i also raced this truggy at local tracks..did very well considering the amount of track time i comitted prior to a race.

the other truggy i suggest to buy is the STR..very nice truggy, but i suggest that kit to people who already know how to drive..people who have been having problems seem like individuals who arent exactly seasoned drivers or people who know how to keep up on maintenance...but the LSP-R is a great intro truggy if you plan on learning how to race and so on..
Old 07-04-2006, 07:40 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

I did a review on truggyracers.com comparing the ST-R, Hellfire, and LSP-R in a head-to-head shoot-out. It wasn't just me, but some of the local pros.

All out speed was not a part of the test as that is a function of the engine choice. In any event the winner in our shoot-out was the ST-R with the LSP-R a VERY CLOSE second, and the Hellfire last by a long shot.

The biggest problem we found with the Hellfire was finding a set-up that worked. The Hellfire took alot more concentration to drive quickly around the track. It took constant inputs to keep it moving the way you wanted it to. We did tune the suspension to anyone of our driving style, but just thought it took too much mental effort to keep it going fast.

The ST-R with base suspension settings worked for almost all of us testing. Only very minor tweaks to the suspension were needed to get the ST-R set-up for our driving style. Easy to drive.

The LSP-R is ALMOST as good as the ST-R. A way under-rated truggy. It has tons of mods in the box that make it very durable. The LSP-R was also easy to drvie. Only a few minor tweaks were needed to get it to go fast. A great choice.

As fas as the SS kit vs the RTR Hellfire kit, unless they've changed the geometry or offer better set=up, IMO, its not going to handle any better than the RTR...
Old 07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
mattster72

st-r looks nice but my lhs does not carry kyosho parts or cars.
who makes the lsp-r becasue i can't find it
Old 07-04-2006, 11:47 AM
PillowPants

^^^ HotBodies.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 PM
mattster72

what about the ofna jammin is it any good

i am deciding between the hellfire rtr and the lsp-r
Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
mattster72

hey guys i think i am going to get the Lightning Stadium Pro-R Competition the kit. Could i put a buggy .21 engine in it because i was deciding between these four

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJRX0&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKZM7&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMML2&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPF0&P=0
Old 07-04-2006, 06:07 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: mattster72

hey guys i think i am going to get the Lightning Stadium Pro-R Competition the kit. Could i put a buggy .21 engine in it because i was deciding between these four

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJRX0&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKZM7&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMML2&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPF0&P=0

I have the EB mods OS vspec, its worth every penny so far. If anything I would recommend staying away from the wasp. Either the modded Vspec or the picco P7. I hear the non-modded Vspec has issues that EB mods has addressed.

What I like about EB mods is that when you buy a pre modded engine from them, when it goes you send it back to them and they bring it back to "spec" for parts cost only, but it is a serious engine.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:15 PM
noximus

yes a .21 will fit in the LSP-R just fine. also, if you want a really nice engine for that truggy for a really good price, i would look into this motor:
http://www.rcbuggyshop.com/index.php...roducts_id=289

this is a great motor for the money. or if you want something with a little more, i would look into this motor:
http://www.rcbuggyshop.com/index.php...roducts_id=189

both are good motors and tune very easily and perform great at a great price range.

if you are able to spend more money ontop of that, i would look into this motor:
http://www.rcbuggyshop.com/index.php...roducts_id=187

the 21-5 is a very nice engine with more than what was listed above at around the same price range.

those are all the engines i would look into buying for the LSP-R, even if i had to do it all over again.

the EB modded Vspec is another great engine, but it is really expensive for what it is.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:04 PM
mattster72

i like the last one the best.

does it tune easily.
will it work with the tuned pipe that the lsp-r comes with along with the air fiilter
Old 07-04-2006, 07:51 PM
noximus

the 21-5 tunes great, a friend of mine runs this motor and he dies by the damn thing...the air filter will be fine with that motor, and the stock exhaust is actually simular to an 086 tuned pipe..you can use the stock pipe with the engine and you will see nice performance, but i say look into a pipe that actually fits your tracks settings. i noticed on certain tracks certain pipes work best. the 086 style pipe is suppose to be the happy medium..so if you feel like you will need more low end torque, find a pipe that focuses on low end.

if you buy that motor from rcbuggyshop.com, Aaron will be able to guide you over the phone on how to properly break in the engine, and he has gobs of info dealing with that particular engine.

i also suggest to buy a secondary air filter to put over the exsisting air filter..and add a good amount of air filter oil..rcbuggyshop.com is also getting a stack of Mugen MSR 1005 pipes that were hard coated by BCE..and from what i hear, that pipe wont be in production any longer, and that pipe is liked by many for good reasons.

but honestly, if you are only doing club racing and doing some side bashing here and there..the P5X or the T21B will do you just fine. the 21-5 is more for racing..not so much bashing...or you can look into some toss and go motors..but dont think the P5X and the T21B arent fast motors, they both have won at different levels of racing...and they are capable...and they are also allot cheaper..

but if money is no issue, then go for the 21-5, or you can also look into the 528, which is a bold power house..in fact it has been known to be too much in many instances.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:55 PM
mattster72

what is the difference between these two besides price

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4864

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4867
Old 07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
noximus

one has been modified and one hasent. they basicly polish the ports, upgrade the bearings in certain instances..some like modded engines and some dont..i am an individual who would only buy a modded engine from EB mods..Hotmods do great work from what i hear, but i havent done any research on any engines done by hotmods..so i cant say anything bad about the joint, but i have heard great things about them.

if i was you, i would look into how big your track is that you will be racing on, and i also suggest looking into certain clutch set ups. i personally favor the fioroni turbo sliding clutch...

the 21-5 may not be well suited for your track environment..you may not need that much top end..you may need more of low end grunt.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
mattster72

my tracks home staright is not very big it is a tight track with lots of turns and a jump about five feet high in the center and three areas that require good ryhthem
Old 07-04-2006, 08:32 PM
noximus

then either the T21B or the P5X will do you just fine..the 21-5 i think is more suited for larger tracks..but im sure the 21-5 will suit the track as well..its up to you really. but when you look at the price differences between them all, there really isnt much. the 3 port is 179 dollars, the P5X is 260-270 dollars, 21-5 is 330 dollars or so.

also considering you are from california, you would want to get your engine out of state to prevent yourself from paying taxes on an engine. so if you brought the 21-5 from amain, you will pay 339 dollars plus tax, which is another 27 dollars ontop of that. that is why i buy the high dollar items out of the state of california, considering tax and so on.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 PM
mattster72

hey i talked to my lhs and they said that they can do a specail order

what does the kyosho st-r come with

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5414 link
Old 07-06-2006, 09:58 AM
mattster72

any one know