Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Maximizer Beadlock

Old 07-10-2006, 08:17 AM
nismo240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maximizer Beadlock

Has anyone tried the Mazimixer beadlock wheels for racing yet? Just wondering how well they hold up to racing conditions.

nismo240
Old 07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
TGreg24

Default RE: Maximizer Beadlock

yea i would also like to know.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

If you plan on racing with say with Pro-line CF MTs, better get the "Rage Rings". On my ST-R with the standard rings that come with their 17mm race rims, they'll throw the tire off the rim. Did it several times on mine.

I got so pissed, I finally just glued the tires on so they wouldn't come off during the race.

I bought another set of Maximizers and this time I bought the Rage Rings. Again, I planned on putting my Pro-line CF MTs on them.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE REAR!!!!!

Just to mount up two tires took me over 45 minutes. They are a pain to get the tires on right. I don't think they'll come off this time, but seriously, there has to be an easier way to get the tires mounted up.

I've heard from other guys at the track that the rims typically last about 3 tire changes, before the screws don't hold very well anymore.

So IMO, they really aren't worth it. 60 bucks for 4 shipped plus another 12 bucks for the rage rings. Its pretty much a break-even point between the Maximizers vs standard glue type rims. I don't mind glueing. Most people have problems glueing tires cause they don't clean the "bead" before attempting to glue. Once glued I've never had a tire come off. I also use the Losi Tire Glue (Thin) which works great.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:59 PM
sotoman7

well they tell you on their site that you have to get the rings if you plan on using proline tires.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Sure on their WEBSITE, but some of the authorized sellers of Maximizers DO NOT state to use the Rage Rings if you are using certain tires...

I just finished mounting up more CF MTs with the Rage Rings. Massive pain to get them on right. I'll try them this week and see how it goes. Personally, I still don't think they are worth it with the added weight and about 3 uses only...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:12 PM
sotoman7

i here you. I will get my set in a day or two and post how it went. people on the supermaxx forum seem to like them.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:03 PM
sotoman7

just did my install. Little heavy but i won't need any glue. took me about an hour.