Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

which of the 3 truggys?

Old 07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which of the 3 truggys?

okeedokee so I kinda want a more race oriented truggy but RTR because Im gonna give all my stuff to my cousin for cheap and Im on a limited budget so without further ado either kyosho st ready set or jammin CRT RTR or ofna mutilator?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:50 PM
savvy-racer

Default RE: which of the 3 truggys?

my brother and i bought the jammin rtr about a month ago and man the thing is sweet. the truck is tough and the engine is a dream, but if you decided to get the jammin i recommended you to get better steering servo and aluminum chassic brace. thats the only two parts i broke.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

okeedokee so I kinda want a more race oriented truggy but RTR because Im gonna give all my stuff to my cousin for cheap and Im on a limited budget so without further ado either kyosho st ready set or jammin CRT RTR or ofna mutilator?
its jammin mutilator not ofna even though jammin is prt of OFNA anyways i would say get the kyosho st that has to be the best truggy out so far
Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Tazer_version_A

1. Kyosho RTR's are not typically known to be as "quality oriented" as their Pro Kit counterparts.

2. The Kyosho ST-R - KIT - nice truck - but still merely a matter of ones own opinion as to it being the BEST truggy out. Mnay including myself dont agree with your opinion.

3. I suspect much stronger parts support for a Jammin CRT - rtr or otherwise in your area vs the Kyosho

4. Id still recommend getting the kit -especially since you are on a budget - else you buy the truck 2x within the first 90 days.

5. I suspect mutilators will hit ebay soon enough - id look for parts support there before buying one. Im not a fan of the Blazer SST ad Violator and ULTRA - kingpin suspension - which they all share with the mutilator. So much so I went and made my own custom truggy because of the kingpins durablity issues.

6. Good new is - if you do get a mutilator .. there's a solid upgrade / conversion path down the line for you - its not cheap but - it works ....

http://stores.ebay.com/Tazer-RC-of-SOCAL

Also - its NOT a Jammin mutilator - its OFNA Mutilator.

http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...r=asc&start=15
Old 07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I`d go with the Jammin` out of the three . It is Ofna Mutilator , not Jammin` . Jammin` is a Hong Nor product and the Mutilator is not .
Old 07-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Tazer_version_A

It is Ofna Mutilator , not Jammin` . Jammin` is a Hong Nor product and the Mutilator is not .
Its a confusing relationship - just a small clarification. No offense I hope ....

All OFNA product is manufactured overseas by either Ho Bao [Hyper 7 / Hyper 8 / Dominator / Monster Pirate] ... or Hong Nor [ 9.5 buggy series, Ultra Buggy series, Titans, Blazer SST, Jammin buggies and truggies] The mutilator is a Hong Nor vehicle distributed by OFNA in North America - hence the OFNA Mutilator over here. Everywhere else it will be a Hong Nor Mutilator. Team Jammin products are manufactured in Tawain by Hong Nor for Jay Halsey and Team Jammin. If Im not mistaken - OFNA the corporation has PURCHASED the Jammin entity, but Jamin's oversight and operations are handled by Jay Halsey.

Oh well - its not a perfect explanation - but its closer than most attempts ....
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Br00klyn

Lightning to race. Mutilator to ..............................mutilate I guess. It is a mean looking truck. What are the race rules on engine size where you live?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 AM
acexxxoasis

anything goes right now I have a mammoth ST with a mach 427 in it and alot of aluminum but its just too long and wide for the track and there is alot of stuf thats just too hard to get if I break something or the diffs are planetary and they need like 100K+ in the center to keep from unloading too much and its hard to get up here in wisconsin
Old 07-12-2006, 05:32 PM
acexxxoasis

ok then Kit VS Kit STR vs CRT box stock which is the better kit?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:39 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

With a kit, it's really up to personal pref and drivign style. I prefer Kyosho and if I were to buy a truggy kit, I would grad the STR in a heartbeat.

If I were to buy an RTR which would never come close to happening, I would buy the Jammin because as was stated before, Kyosho may be top notch with the kit's but their RTR's leave more than a bit to be desired for some reason.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
acexxxoasis

okeedoke well I just got a new job that pays well and I think I might be able to weasel myself in a new kit as opposed to a new RTR
Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM
rcboxer

I just read in a magazine a truggy rtr shootout, they had kyosho rated #1 and jammin rated #2
Old 07-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Br00klyn

Which Magazine?
Old 07-15-2006, 02:42 AM
rcboxer

The magazine is called radio control monster trucks. rc-car action publishes it.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
mini ripper

For me its a CRT all the way the differences between the kit and the RTR on the track are limited.
If you buy a RTR version it is easily modded up to the spec of the Pro kit.
For me the +'s for the CRT are
1) Easy to work on
2) Easy to clean
3) Hardy, the only weak spot I have found is the rear wing mount
4) Parts are cheap

Umm thats all I can think of right now Im sure the others are very good in thier own ways but CRT is a proven racer and basher.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:31 AM
acexxxoasis

whats needed to get the rtr up to the kit minus the Carbon Fiber (I dont like CF bad experiences) Id change the diffs to oil and get the braces but what else?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Bill Plude

CRT. If you buy a kit remember you have to fork out the money for the engine, radio and servos. I'm thinking about getting a Mutilator next week. For only $409 with a .32 and they say 3+ hp(like I say "they say) sounds like a great buy......and it IS RTR