Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

MBX5 Truggy or Kyosho?

Old 07-13-2006, 08:11 PM
SSkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBX5 Truggy or Kyosho?

I currently race an MBX5 Pro Spec buggy and have been wanting a Truggy. When I heard of Mugen coming out with their new MBX5 Truggy I thought it would be a good choice for me.
Knowing how well the Kyosho has done since its debut though, is now making this a hard decision since I dont know how well the Mugen Truggy will do. Has anyone seen the Mugen Truggy on a track yet? I have been looking for any race results were the pro's for Mugen have raced this Truggy but have been unsuccessful. Anyone out their with some advice on these 2 Truggy's.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: MBX5 Truggy or Kyosho?

I think any of the newer truggy kits out there are worth while, I would consider parts availibility before anything. I just went through this dilema myself and decided to go with the CRT pro. It ended up coming down to either the ST-R or the CRT, from what I have read in the magazines and forums the ST-R is a very well turning and handling RC, but the CRT is more likely to be a little stabler through rough stuff. That was one of the things that got me, but the fact that the CRT uses captured hinge pins and the ST-R is using E-clips sealed the deal for me.

I looked at the mugen truggs and you can always pretty much bet that they are top notch, but any kind of parts selection is non existent around my area. For the most part I usually order online anyhow, but when its a last minute thing you need its nice to know that a nearby LHS carries stuff for it.

Good luck on the decision.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Tazer_version_A

I think the new Mugen will raise and set the bar for the major production truggies. It is - 2 years leater - almost ALL the design goals we set out to accomplish with our Tazer. We are close - but we dont have their budget.

The Prospec version is the one to get for sure ... but if you want it NOW, and dont want to wait for mugen :-) - there's always a Tazer PRT fully loaded. Just over a $1000 - custom built roller - as pimp as you could get ... AND not what everyone else has.

Will be real interesting to see what the mugen prospec MBX5T will retail/sell at ...

All the best....
Old 07-13-2006, 10:27 PM
TGreg24

i would recommend that tazer its saweet and its almost too many opitions.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:05 AM
noximus

since you already have the buggy, i would definately buy the truggy, JMHO>