Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Nova Rossi or Ninja engine for Truggy?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Nova Rossi or Ninja engine for Truggy?

Old 07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
SSkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Rossi or Ninja engine for Truggy?

I know the Nova Rossi motor is a great motor, but I have not heard alot about the Ninja's, the few
comments I have heard are very good though. Any suggestions. I plan on racing the Truggy. Ive seen the .28 run in the Truggy's and it seems like just too much, so I was leaning towards a .21 probably modded by Dadders.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:22 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Nova Rossi or Ninja engine for Truggy?

If you are going to go with something modded I would suggest EB mods or a "hott mod" from RB. I am running a EB mods OS vspec .21 and cant say enough good about it, they do some awesome work. I havent heard of too many people going to dadders, but I think EB and RB mods have a little more knowledge/time in the business than dadders. Not to say they dont do good work but I prefer to go with the more well known and accredited modders.

A side note of EB mods, when you buy one of there pre modded engines, if and when its time to rebuild, you send the engine in to them and they bring it back to "spec" at parts cost only, I.E. you get a brand new engine back completely rebuilt back to original modded specs, and I wouldnt doubt that they would make some changes for you if you asked ahead of time. I am a fan of EB mods if you cant tell, LOL.

Heres some pics of the work they did on my vspecs sleeve.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10536.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	491267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs56934.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	491268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50360.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	491269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37898.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	491270  
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
TGreg24

hey buddy i think you got ripped, cause it looks to me like they did NOTHING AT ALL.

i mean look at this stock sleave and yours, exactly the same
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHFF9&P=Z
Old 07-13-2006, 11:43 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

claudacio...

I think you need a box of these...

Old 07-14-2006, 01:58 AM
noximus

it really depends on your track..both are very nice motors. the thing with the new ninja, it doesnt have as much bottom end as most of its competition, but it is VERY smooth and has good power. if you are planning to run the mugen ninja motor, you will need to run a long header in conjunction with the recommended pipe.

motors to compare to the ninja in the novarossi line up would be the P5X, 421b, 21-5. with the new ninja pricing out at 270 dollars, might not be a bad choice, BUT with truggy's, you do need that low end punch...the P5X has a nice low end but doesnt have much high end like the 421b.

from what i have seen and from what i have been hearing, the new ninja basicly runs like the 421b but with less power and its more smooth.

i WAS thinking about getting the new ninja, but i didnt feel it was necessary since i already have the P5X. the OS Vspec seems to have the most power in the .21 side of things, but it is nowhere near as smooth as the P5X or the new mugen ninja.

i say its a happy medium between the 421b and the P5X. JMHO.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:35 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: lax195

claudacio...

I think you need a box of these...

Are you kidding, I need like 7 ionic breezes and a small fire arm to our shoot 3 cats and the dust and fur may have a 50% chance of stopping, LOL
Old 07-14-2006, 10:28 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

claudacio...

Look at the bright side, atleast its not dandruff!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:21 PM
SSkin

Thanks for the all the comments everyone.
I run a dadders modded RB WS7 X3 in my buggy and really couldnt be happier, but I know their
would definitely no be enough bottom end to run this in a Truggy. If the Ninja doesnt have enough
bottom end, and its just smooth, you can get smooth by just modding. What is the power difference
between the 421b and the 21 plus?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 AM
victionone

Stay away from EB Mods. Ed is a thief. He still owes me a Novarossi 528XR that I fully paid for, and have not been answering my calls or returning my emails for 7 months now. I have no choice but to take it to small claims court. Talk to any of their dealers, and see why their products are never in stock.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 PM
noximus

ohhh kkkkk

well besides the hate mail that was just posted, the difference between the 21-5 and the 421b would be the low end.

also i will like to add, the WS7 III can be worked for truggy applications. if you already have that motor, then i suggest to buy RB 063 pipe with a nova super long header.

people tend to forget (including me) you can generate more low end without buying a new motor, a clutch in particular with help aid in that area.

the WS7 III i would think compares to the 421b as far as performance, the 21-5 has more low end than what the WS7 III has, but its top end might not be as much.

if i was in your shoes and i still had life in that particular motor, i wouldnt bother to buy a new one, just work with that motor. it can be done. but if you want to run both and need to buy a new engine, then i would look at either the P5X or the 21-5 or buy the EB modded P5X., regardless what was mentioned above.

victionone, yes Ed may not have responded to your emails or your phone calls, but lets be realistic here, i highly doubt he would go through the trouble of trying to rip you off for your 528, do you know how many engines pass through his shop on a daily basis? a TON, i have heard the waiting time is LONG to get anything DIRECT from Ed at EB mods, and thats because he is the best at modding engines. do you realize how many hobby shops, including tower hobbies, Amainhobbies sent their motors to Ed? do you know how many he actually has?

i dont know the whole story, and its unfortunate you still havent recieved a phone call or an email, but threatening the man wont solve much, if you have to take him to small claims court, then so be it, but by you running around on forums saying he is a rip off artist without knowing what actually happened is also a law suit, its called deprivation of character. you are also labeling his place of buisness as unethical. i dont know Ed personally, nor have i even tried to place an order from him, but i do know of people who frequently do buisness with him as far as getting their engines modded by him and they simply understand the waiting time. your circumstance may be different, he also might have sent the engine back to novarossi and is waiting for the replacement, and who knows how you were with him over the phone or via email.

if you have to take him to small claims court, then do just that, find out what happened. good luck on getting it all worked out.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 AM
siriosrevo

That post was far from hate mail. Just want to give a heads up to someone who might be considering a EB engine, and want to save them the trouble. Somebody needs to speak up. After posting on RCUniverse and another forum, I got PM's from people with other warranty problems with EB Mods. I spoke with a dealer of EB engines, and they also said that Ed is a pain to deal with, and impossible to contact. I am not threatening the man, and have been more than patient. I was always well mannered and kind to him in emails and over the phone. It's been almost a year since I sent back the engine, so now I have no choice but small claims. As for sending the motor back to Novarossi, Ed told me last year that he has crankcases in stock and will replace it for me.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:56 AM
noximus

you got two S/N? anyhow, i guess Ed at EB mods needs to hire some people if he has his hands full. i have heard there is a long wait to receive engines sent in, but i have yet to hear anything negative like what you have described. i guess you cant make everybody happy.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:04 AM
victionone

Excuse the mix up. I was using my brothers computer.

I hope Ed either sends back my engine or issue a full refund. I even contacted his dealers to ask Ed about my issue when they get in contact with him. RCBuggyShop.com have been extremely helpful.

Back on topic...

I'm in the same boat, shopping for a .21 motor for my truggy. I have a Novarossi .28 and it is too much motor, especially for my track. I have always liked the P5x, but am also considering the Ninja and C6bb. My RB C5 is very solid, but isn't as smooth as I would like. I hear the C6 is a lot better. Want to try something different. Too many choices!